Server time (UTC): 2020-01-26, 13:14 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Shanoby

Back to 80 players...

As of recent, the server is unstable all the time and crashes... is it something to do with population?

I remember we had that issue before and we went to 80 back then and it was much better...

so should we go back to 80 cap?

Sick of server crashing...

Edited by Shanoby

Honestly If it’s the player pop that’s causing all the crashes and overall performance then it should be reduced 

I think 60 was too small. I can agree 100 feels like too much in terms of performance. I would agree with a reduction. 70 or 80 would probably be nice to see.

I am down for everything that would stop cars from acting like I am driving a lowrider from San Andreas.

9 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

I am down for everything that would stop cars from acting like I am driving a lowrider from San Andreas.

give me this, plz

I agree that the experience would be better with a lower pop. I think 80 would be good, but I dont know how car would perform.

yeah id say dial it back a bit. not like everyone is roleplaying with everyone

I'd say launch a second server because this is nuts.

11 minutes ago, JimRP said:

It's because of the amount of people around GM.

Ban GM.

Literally there has been in excess of 40-50 people all standing around at GM before. That's undoubtedly what's causing this. 

make GM a kos zone.

3 minutes ago, Jackfish said:

make GM a kos zone.

I am so fucking down for that.... ?

13 minutes ago, Jackfish said:

make GM a kos zone.

Isn't it one already?

But yeah if the server would spread out a bit that would be cool. I enjoy not dying for entering a vehicle.

How can 40-50 people stand around green mountain and be able to hear any conversation? All the talking over one another would give me a head ache, but yeah...something needs to be done with the crashing and if lowering the pop help I say go for it. Can get a second server up if the que gets too high for one server. 

I think I tested cars on EU server and the limit was around 40 people before cars started to act out... (not 100% sure)

Before that was smooth as silk.

It was AMAZING... I used S2 to travel and transport friends ?

Edited by Shanoby

From my experience cars work find below 60 people, at least I haven't seen them bounce around like crazy until like 70.

I get why there's a desire for a higher server pop, but if the devs literally say ,"Yea, it's not stable above 60", idk why we're pushing our luck. Drop it to at least 80.

60 is too low, 100 too high

Go 80 for a nice middle ground, hopefully it's enough of a difference to improve server performance.

Probably a majority of the server problems could be traced to the high playercount and populationdensity, even persistance issues can be traced to this according to DayZ Devs.

80 players is probably the max amount that could remain somewhat stable but 60 would be prefered.

I totaly understand why we would want as many as possible but when it affects the server in such a negative way as the constant basewipes due to crashes etc I would vote to reduce it to 70-ish for a trial period.

And RP is fun in groups but when you have 40 ppl standing around in GM, thats too much for the game to handle.

After the summit tomorrow GM might turn into a warzone for all we know. No need to dumb it down simply because of this.

In my opinion, I'd like to have one 80 slot and S2 to be a 60 slot.

Make it 75 and only open S2 when it’s full.

Server instability happens at all points through the day, GM could be one cause but not the be-all-end-all. Been on a few times early morning and there's been consistent server crashes so idk,

Reducing the population does sound like a good idea, however.