Server time: 2019-03-25, 21:07 WE ARE RECRUITING
Husinecka

Rules regarding bases

Hey guys!

Ive lately been really into basebuilding on official servers, but one of the main flaws of basebuilding in this game is that they are so easy to break into if noone is there to defend it. My thought was, on a controlled rp server like this, that there should be rules up regarding destroying peoples bases/stealing the items inside the base. To make the player-experience more realistic and in order for it to be more fun, knowing that your base is safe when you log out would be great. It makes sense that after the amount of time that has passed since the outbreak, people will start setting up a life for themselves with defences and stashes of supplies.

/Husinecka

Making a rule preventing the raiding of bases would just promote gear hoarding in my opinion. If you don't have the man power to protect your base you should be putting more effort into hiding your supplies in the forest and such, also I believe their are already rules regarding the destroying of bases. Bases arn't worth building now anyway since they might get wiped at any moment do to a server crash.

The realistic approach would be to have no rules, what's realistic about being restricted from attacking bases while people arent online?

This has been suggested more than 3 times now, yeah people can destroy your walls to gain entry and steal shit but I believe that if they decide to remove every single structure it would amount to griefing and I would personally report that.

Yeah, gonna go with a no on this.

We've had a few threads exactly the same, I'd rather not have rules regarding something like this.. Just for the use of item protection too.
You're here to RP, don't worry too much about a base.

Nah no need for this just more rules for the sake of rules.

Nothing is ever safe in an apocalypse. If you think a wooden wall would be safe from starving people who know there to be food stashed inside, then you have a very vast outlook on realism. Realistically if you have supplies and I need them, I'm finding a way into that base. Adding a rule just so that when you log off your stuff is safe is just not going to happen. There is already a rule when it comes to griefing a base (as far as I remember) so if someone is coming in to take things that they need and not just dropping them on the ground to respawn I say free game. 

As much as it would be nice to login the next day and continue immediately open my shop. It doesn't happen. Likely due to logging off for the night after storing all my goods in a locked, gated shed,  to login and find it was all looted or taken completely. 

Do I think there could be rules? Sure. Will there be? Not likely. I am just happy there's griefing rules. I think if anything, there needs to be a proper "admin logs" system, that can detect when items are manipulated, with coordinate recording along with it. For example, whether it's placing an item in a storage container, or simply a player ripping up a t-shirt to turn it into rags. Anything that is item or object related that the player can interact with, it would be nice if a more proper "admin logs" system existed.