Server time: 2019-03-22, 21:14 WE ARE RECRUITING
FireDude

Eddie Malone 2.0?

Eddie Malone 2.0?  

56 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Noah McKaine is my new fresh character and I'm planning on playing him for the next few months. However I am feeling a little depressed over Eddie Malone, I feel my RP had dipped major since I permad him. I need some advice and I want to hear from the people affected by Eddie, he was a bullseye character in my mind and I want to bring him back in some capacity.

This can be done in a few ways…

1. Bring him back in a few months after a lot of people have forgotten about him

He would be a fresh character, no scars, no memory of Preston or anyone who affected him. Just good ol’ run around firefights Eddie Malone.

1. Wait the few months and bring him back via some spiritual.

Or godly action, I would RP the events that brought him back with scars and PainRP, he would remember the actions before his 'death’ and would comment on it. He would still be stupid and a smart ass but would have some new scars that affect him in game.

1. Wait even longer for a lore wipe and bring him back then.

Similar to the first option he is gonna be a fresh character and would only have his backstory to RP.

1. Bring him back as a new character

This is my least favorite option, basically bring him back with a new name and backstory and RP him the same way.

I understand the purpose of Perma and I know it moves the story forward. I am not asking for any special treatment and if y'all don't think I should bring Eddie back I can agree. I want to refer to the community I enjoy. If Eddie was to come back I would create a new character page. I won't be offended by anyones choice, I just want to know how people feel about this.

I want to ask @OxeN @Ryan Shepherd @YungBrandonRP. Y'all are the most effected by Eddie and I want to hear from you all the most. 

BvbetLCIIAAa76v.jpg.fd69a981a6cbe203e22fa43b9ce43da1.jpg

Edited by FireDude

I permad Fisher 3+ times and brought him back, but that was before you could set your character to 'dead'.

Keep him dead, makes more IC sense.

Edited by Jackfish

2 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

Isn't bringing back a dead character against the rules?

I believe it is, reason when I'm not asking for a special treatment. It depends on how the community feels here. If people dont want rules broken eddies gonna stay dead.

I haven't met Eddie but I know it can be hard to let a character you've played for a long time and have a lot of history with go. Starting something new have for me in comparison felt very empty and it takes a while to build that attachment and get into some sort of storyline. Once some time has passed though and you've found something else you enjoy playing I don't think you will want to bring him back but rather enjoy looking back and remembering the story he had and leave it at that. But if you still want to play him after a lore wipe then just go for it imo

3 minutes ago, FireDude said:

I believe it is, reason when I'm not asking for a special treatment. It depends on how the community feels here. If people dont want rules broken eddies gonna stay dead.

It's not about what we want. Dead characters can't be revived. Once they are set to dead then they are dead forever.

My advice to you is to write character lore and some objective/things your character would do IG. It is a lot easier to attach to a character when you wrote its story and it helps a lot to have a brief idea of what you will be doing with him IG.

Bruh Eddie literally MADE Fred to where he is now. This is tough.

Letting a character go that you've made so many connections and memories on is hard, but bringing one back from the dead is just poor taste. I'd wait for a lore wipe to be honest, but even then the character would be fresh with a whole new story so you'd be essentially be starting over anyway. The first few days of a new character are tough, trying to find connections, getting involved and just finding a place or a path for the character. Give this new one a bit and who knows, you may end up liking the new character more. If you can't get into the vibe of a new character then sit down and rethink some things, connect with the character. Once you get the ball rolling you'll get that muse back. 

There is one major thing that takes presidency over everything. Over individual characters, over players OOC wants and over attachment to good times... and that is the immersive world. If you killed that character off, then he is dead. The immersive world doesn't cater for resurrections. It takes into account the immersion of every character and player within it. The worst thing that can happen is when one individual puts their own desires above this and violates the laws of realism and believably to achieve this. It's cheese, it's disrespectful and it hurts RP on a  domino scale. Don't even feel tempted to do this... if you can create one character to achieve the things you have, then you are perfectly capable of doing it on another. Don't depend on these characters as a crutch. Expand your creativity and make something new... better.

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

There is one major thing that takes presidency over everything. Over individual characters, over players OOC wants and over attachment to good times... and that is the immersive world. If you killed that character off, then he is dead. The immersive world doesn't cater for resurrections. It takes into account the immersion of every character and player within it. The worst thing that can happen is when one individual puts their own desires above this and violates the laws of realism and believably to achieve this. It's cheese, it's disrespectful and it hurts RP on a  domino scale. Don't even feel tempted to do this... if you can create one character to achieve the things you have, then you are perfectly capable of doing it on another. Don't depend on these characters as a crutch. Expand your creativity and make something new... better.

Good to see yall feel a simmar way I do, I just needed this little insight what the community. I agree I dont want to cause crap and ruin anything for anyone else. Eddie was all about the story and now his story is up. I think I'm just riding on the coat tales of him and need to branch my characters away from his basic structure or else im going to keep RPing as Eddie with just a different name. I'm not going to break any rules I just wanted to see how people would reapond to this topic. So far good things, thanks guys. 

I still wanna hear from others btw, I want to know your opinions.

Edited by FireDude

I understand letting go of a character you've been playing for a while is hard and being attached to the sort of roleplay that comes with it is also difficult aswell but I think Perma'd characters should remain killed due to the fact that if a perma'd character pops up in a month or so and the person who killed you is like "But... Didn't I cut of your head?" then it makes it really awkward to RP going forward. Overall Perma'd characters should remain killed unless Lorewipe.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

I understand letting go of a character you've been playing for a while is hard and being attached to the sort of roleplay that comes with it is also difficult aswell but I think Perma'd characters should remain killed due to the fact that if a perma'd character pops up in a month or so and the person who killed you is like "But... Didn't I cut of your head?" then it makes it really awkward to RP going forward. Overall Perma'd characters should remain killed unless Lorewipe.

Gotcha, lore wipe seems to be a general idea, or just leave him. On the point of the person who permad him, im mentioned him directly to ask him. But I'm prob not gonna bring him back. 

I have no idea who Eddie Malone is but no you should not bring back a permadead character without a lore wipe. It ruins roleplay.

1 hour ago, FireDude said:

Noah McKaine is my new fresh character and I'm planning on playing him for the next few months. However I am feeling a little depressed over Eddie Malone, I feel my RP had dipped major since I permad him. I need some advice and I want to hear from the people affected by Eddie, he was a bullseye character in my mind and I want to bring him back in some capacity.

This can be done in a few ways…

1. Bring him back in a few months after a lot of people have forgotten about him

He would be a fresh character, no scars, no memory of Preston or anyone who affected him. Just good ol’ run around firefights Eddie Malone.

1. Wait the few months and bring him back via some spiritual.

Or godly action, I would RP the events that brought him back with scars and PainRP, he would remember the actions before his 'death’ and would comment on it. He would still be stupid and a smart ass but would have some new scars that affect him in game.

1. Wait even longer for a lore wipe and bring him back then.

Similar to the first option he is gonna be a fresh character and would only have his backstory to RP.

1. Bring him back as a new character

This is my least favorite option, basically bring him back with a new name and backstory and RP him the same way.

I understand the purpose of Perma and I know it moves the story forward. I am not asking for any special treatment and if y'all don't think I should bring Eddie back I can agree. I want to refer to the community I enjoy. If Eddie was to come back I would create a new character page. I won't be offended by anyones choice, I just want to know how people feel about this.

I want to ask @OxeN @Ryan Shepherd @YungBrandonRP. Y'all are the most effected by Eddie and I want to hear from you all the most. 

BvbetLCIIAAa76v.jpg.fd69a981a6cbe203e22fa43b9ce43da1.jpg

Eddie was an absolutely Fantastic character, not going to lie... but! there might be a way for you to work this into your current character.. Could Noah suddenly fall victim to opiates, start losing his mind bit by bit and somehow stumble on Eddie's notes? or records he might have kept? Could Noah start skewing the lines? Believe HE is Eddie?  I mean it could make for some interesting complexity and essentially you're bringing Eddie back in a fucked up kinda way.  I dunno man.. Does suck he's gone though, I ran into your character a few times and he was pretty decent.. 

All this stuff said? I was just telling a friend, after watching the interaction you and Mademoiselle have IG, that I was personally really impressed by it.. Your characters are believable, they mesh well aannnnnddd TBH I found the dynamic /between/ your characters and the shenanigans you've gotten into ( on Madem's stream ) is really interesting to watch. RP wise? it'd be a shame to see that gone. 

Like @Lucas said, letting go of a character you played a lot can be difficult. You're giving up all the character relationships you've built and starting from scratch. But this isn't a bad thing, you should take this as an opportunity to do something different with a new character, interact with people you wouldn't have been able to before, and enjoy the new RP. 

The killing off of a character should be something that's final. Personally I find that killing off a character provides others with a chance for some fantastic character roleplay and you, as a player, get to see how much your character affected others by their reaction to the news that they've died. To reverse the decision is a no no, people will have already roleplayed their character's reactions to Eddie's death and to ask them to reverse it now would be unfair, not to mention the amount of explaining IC that would need to be done. 

EDIT: If you're really missing Eddie, write up some journal posts or some voice memos and say that he'd written/recorded them in the past. That way you can still RP the character, to a degree, without causing any complications.

Edited by Queerios

Nah, IMO bringing back a dead character ruins it for everyone else. Keep him dead, start something knew and have fun. Set yourself goals that overcome what you made Eddie.

4 minutes ago, Bounty said:

Eddie was an absolutely Fantastic character, not going to lie... but! there might be a way for you to work this into your current character.. Could Noah suddenly fall victim to opiates, start losing his mind bit by bit and somehow stumble on Eddie's notes? or records he might have kept? Could Noah start skewing the lines? Believe HE is Eddie?  I mean it could make for some interesting complexity and essentially you're bringing Eddie back in a fucked up kinda way.  I dunno man.. Does suck he's gone though, I ran into your character a few times and he was pretty decent.. 

All this stuff said? I was just telling a friend, after watching the interaction you and Mademoiselle have IG, that I was personally really impressed by it.. Your characters are believable, they mesh well aannnnnddd TBH I found the dynamic /between/ your characters and the shenanigans you've gotten into ( on Madem's stream ) is really interesting to watch. RP wise? it'd be a shame to see that gone. 

Damnit dude, youre gonna make me blush. Really guys I can see the purpose in not bring Eddie back. Thank you all for the responces and not being dicks about my question, I know it would be a rule break and I can see the community opinion on it. 

Option 4 is your best bet, I wouldn't say don't if you liked the RP you got from him. However, you shouldn't bring Eddie himself back, as you cannot because of the rules. The RP you provided as Eddie was top notch though it was lovely. "This is Eddie Malone of the CNN news is anyone in the church?" had me in hysterics, mate. Who knows, if we ever do have another lore wipe, by all means bring back good ol' Eddie.

Want my honest opinion? Yes your character was interesting and different from most others, but if he's dead then let it stay dead not go all Theon gray joy '' screaming what is dead may never die '' go for something different but bring back some of those character traits you don't fully have to remove the way you RPed but bringing it back in most light will just come off as a way of trying to bring back something that should be dead.

Edited by Eagle

Eddie was a charming character... but rules are rules, if you set him to DEAD on the character page, let him rest.

Sucks seeing a well known and influential character go, but it would be a travesty to his story if you brought him back after his real death, at least for this lore. 

Good luck with Noah, I'm sure in time you'll find his niche and you'll enjoy the memory of Eddie rather than trying to do some voodoo shit to get him back, (though I voted for option 2 cause it'd be cool AF). 

Cheers,

What's dead should stay dead

If his death was in a public setting and then you said it was a perma death afterwards you need to honor that. Its supposed to be a big decision, not something you can just change your mind on after a week. 

That being said, people make charaters that are near clones of each other with different names all the time. Its so common place no one would notice or care so you could do that. 

Honestly, I'd say a lore wipe. Trying to hold onto a character you love, it may not work out as much as you wanted such as Eddie did. People will see you as a cloned character and possibly shrug you off or call you an Eddie fan. 

I personally feel guilty since I feel like I had some influence over Eddie's permadeath which I'm still sorry about. I'd suggest lore wipe or waiting a few months and then doing a same like character to him if you feel like it. At the end of the day it's your decision. Unfortunately, permadeath is permanent. And would mess with people's story arcs for the sake of bringing him back if you could...

8 minutes ago, Nihoolious said:

If his death was in a public setting and then you said it was a perma death afterwards you need to honor that. Its supposed to be a big decision, not something you can just change your mind on after a week. 

That being said, people make charaters that are near clones of each other with different names all the time. Its so common place no one would notice or care so you could do that. 

Well first it wasnt that public. Second I do not want to make a shitty clone character because I know i can do better than that. Ive decided I just need to flesh out Noah more, simple as that. 

4 minutes ago, FireDude said:

Well first it wasnt that public. Second I do not want to make a shitty clone character because I know i can do better than that. Ive decided I just need to flesh out Noah more, simple as that. 

Well if it wasn't public then something could be thought up. A group member of mine survived a car bombing a couple months back but it seemed to everyone else based on his radio message that he perished. 

But fleshing out a new character is probably the better option. Makes you better at rping different styles and makes you a better rper in general.