Server time: 2019-04-25, 08:48
xSaBre

Dayz issue

So I have a memory link I know of. I get a solid hour of game play before I start lagging bad. 

I know one way of fixing this is to buy more ram, which Im going to eventually.

Is their any other way of fixing this memory leak?

I personally use a memory cleaner whenever I'm playing games. I don't need it as much now, since I'm on 16GB and can handle a memory leak or two, but this thing was a life saver on 8GB

https://www.koshyjohn.com/software/memclean/ 

You can also try closing applications that are RAM intensive, buying more RAM, as you say, and doing regular restarts wherever possible.

Edited by Onyx

Thats what I have is 8gb! I hope this helps!

18 minutes ago, Onyx said:

I personally use a memory cleaner whenever I'm playing games. I don't need it as much now, since I'm on 16GB and can handle a memory leak or two, but this thing was a life saver on 8GB

https://www.koshyjohn.com/software/memclean/ 

You can also try closing applications that are RAM intensive, buying more RAM, as you say, and doing regular restarts wherever possible.

Do I run it as Dayz is running or before?

4 minutes ago, xSaBre said:

Thats what I have is 8gb! I hope this helps!

Do I run it as Dayz is running or before?

In the options tab, there's a "Trim proceses working set every 5 minutes" and the same for clearing system cache. Tick both of these boxes. It'll help keep your RAM usage low. Use it while you play the game. Bare in mind, this isn't a guaranteed solution, just what has worked for me in the past with games like Tarkov.

1 minute ago, Onyx said:

In the options tab, there's a "Trim proceses working set every 5 minutes" and the same for clearing system cache. Tick both of these boxes. It'll help keep your RAM usage low. Use it while you play the game. Bare in mind, this isn't a guaranteed solution, just what has worked for me in the past with games like Tarkov.

Thanks alot! Much appreciated!

1 minute ago, xSaBre said:

Thanks alot! Much appreciated!

No problem! Let me know how it goes!

Just now, Onyx said:

No problem! Let me know how it goes!

Sure will!