Server time (UTC): 2019-09-18, 16:28
Sign in to follow this  
DrCarebearMD

Stuck with my non-active character

I tried to start playing before I realized that I needed to log my character here at the forums, and (of course) the game kept kicking me for having a non-active character.

I have since registered the character, but now everytime I log in, I'm in the old one, which gets kicked. I tried to kill myself, but I apparently get kicked too fast for even that to work.

How do I drop the old, unregistered, character so that I can start with my current active one?

You'll have to change your name under "Profile Name" in the DayZ launcher to your new character's name.

dayzrp4.png

1 hour ago, Banshee said:

You'll have to change your name under "Profile Name" in the DayZ launcher to your new character's name.

dayzrp4.png

I have done this, but it is still taking me to the previous character.

3 minutes ago, DrCarebearMD said:

I have done this, but it is still taking me to the previous character.

Character as in character model, or character as in name?

If it's name wise, make sure your launch parameters are empty. (Right-click DayZ > Properties > Set Launch Options)
Also, make sure to start the game using the launcher.

7 hours ago, Banshee said:

If it's name wise, make sure your launch parameters are empty. (Right-click DayZ > Properties > Set Launch Options)

I have my character name (not my forum name, but the actual character's name) set in DZLauncher (same location indicated by your above screenshot). Under DayZ properties/launch options the field is blank.

If I put a different name into the name parameter (in the launcher) I get booted instantly and given the battle eye warning. If I put "Scott Jotnar" I can enter the game, but will be kicked within a couple of seconds—often without any message displayed. Regardless of what I put, I see the same female character that generated when I first attempted to log in to the game.

9 hours ago, Banshee said:

Here are some screenshots to illustrate the problem:

https://imgur.com/a/x7NY9zF

Edited by DrCarebearMD

I was finally fast enough and was able to commit suicide. Now that the previous character is dead, the game is operating as expected and I am not experiencing any errors. 

I guess that, sometimes, death is the way out.