Server time: 2019-03-18, 14:29 WE ARE RECRUITING
Nightngale

Armband Spawning Timer

Shorten the armband spawn timer?  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So, currently you can only spawn one type of clothing from the shop every 12 hours. I agree with this with every other element of clothing; however, I feel it's a bit excessive with the armbands. I doubt someone plays more than 12 hours a day on a daily basis, so this timer means if you die once you can't have another armband till the next day. This will be especially rough if new armbands are added in which can't be made in game. Everyone has a rough day from time to time and you die more than once. We should be able to flaunt the colors as often as we want!

My suggestion: Make the armband timer something like 4 to 6 hours.

This could also be only for people on approved group cp's if this seems to short?  

@Roland 

Great idea! I can see this being very helpful when/if the developers add more colors that can’t be found in game. I think a group member should always be able to have something that identifies them. 

Yes from me!

+1 especially seeing as they are free in the shop anyhow.

+1 for sure. This is a fantastic idea.

+1. Sometimes you just need that extra bandage. :trolle:

There is already problems with armbands. Like when 2 groups are in fire fights and the other team swapping to the other teams armband. 

This is a no from me.

I'm gonna beat Roland by saying it before he will; Pro-tip, get the Diamond perk :trolle:

Spoiler

image.png.00b799671346020919fcb6cc6c33ccbb.png

But jokes aside,

I don't see any harm in lowering the armband cool-down to 6 hours, seeing how armbands are being used a lot by group currently. I would like to see group armbands with logos that can only be spawned if you are in a certain group's CP, but that might be coming soon™. Maybe also enforce them in some sort of way, could prevent at least some fire-fight miss IDs or other miss IDs.

I don't see a reason why the timer is so long for armbands anyways other than them not thinking about it before putting the shop up (tbh I wouldn't have thought about either). So ye +1.

I don’t see the reason the timer is 12 hours for something I paid for but I agree with the suggestion none the less.  ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

@Roland Since a few people have chimed in and more have voted, do you have an opinion or answer to this?

I activated mine earlier, waited a few minutes, and....it never came. DayzRP's mailman is rude.

Also yes it's an armband. No reason to make us wait 12 hours between using these. I'd be really surprised if this get's a no. 

Since we have no logos or anything to identify a group this should be a thing.

12 minutes ago, Roland said:

The current plan is that approved groups will receive unique armbands - developer team will create new armband variants with big bright white icons on them (skull, gun, rifle, star, cross, campfire, etc) and different colors. A group will then be able to select one variant (for example red armband with cross, or black armband with skull) and that combination will be reserved for the group. Group members will be then be able to spawn that variant from item shop with reduced cooldown (6 hours probably). If a group archives, the variant will be freed up again. This will allow us to have armbands that identify group members without having to add and remove group logos to the game as groups are approved or archived.

As for regular armbands without icons, those remain as a cosmetic thing only for random players and will have the same cooldown as the rest of clothing.

That is an amazing idea. Nice!!
Vox call dibs on blue with campfire ? 

42 minutes ago, Roland said:

-snip-

Red armband with a thinking emoji when?