Server time: 2019-03-22, 00:51 WE ARE RECRUITING
Roman

Everlasting Server War

1 minute ago, Eagle said:

I just don't understand how we went from a playing a garbage game with groups trying to push forward a storyline to a decent looking game that has die die never comply mentality and RP.

I'm going to up my RP. ? Getting a megaphone, stripping evil doers naked and shouting shame as we make them slow walk through the triangle.  

But seriously, I get the frustration here. ;_; But then it just all goes back to people pushing themselves and making the conscious decision that they don't want that anymore.. ? 

6 minutes ago, Eagle said:

I just don't understand how we went from a playing a garbage game with groups trying to push forward a storyline to a decent looking game that has die die never comply mentality and RP.

Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster for if you gaze long enoughinto an abyss, the abyss will gaze backinto you.

16 minutes ago, Thoros said:

Haven't all the problems in this server always come from death not being a big deal?

That and big dicks and egos, yeah, pretty much.  The server very much has a mentality where losing is not an option. Period.  A fault of the players.

Personally, something should be FORCED by the admins at this point.  There was a suggestion that I made a while back regarding never-ending conflicts that was shot down, but essentially after a certain amount of conflicts between groups, they are forced into an event or series of events that decide the conclusion to the conflict.  Both sides are able to pick defeat conditions that were approved by admins, and from there shit commenced.  The idea was shot down, but I smile now knowing that everyone is complaining about never-ending conflicts.  I'm personally surprised that it took people this long, as this is not the first never-ending conflict that the server has had before.

Every time the players have been left to try and handle the situation it has failed... miserably.  The players don't really need the choice anymore.  Actions have consequences and A LOT of people here fail to have the ability to roleplay out the consequences.  Time to nut up or shut up.

4 minutes ago, Cid said:

-

Maybe all that needs to be done is changing the current rules. Isn't engaging in a high risk war every day NVFL? Isn't it bad RP to go back and fight the guys who shot you the day after?

Perhaps a realistic injuries mod could help, if there was such a thing.

Just now, Thoros said:

Maybe all that needs to be done is changing the current rules. Isn't engaging in a high risk war every day NVFL? Isn't it bad RP to go back and fight the guys who shot you the day after?

Perhaps a realistic injuries mod could help, if there was such a thing.

If people were forced to RP their injuries, yeah that would be easier.  But that isn't the case.  And unless that starts to be the case having a war system to end conflict will probably be better.  In my opinion.

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

Talk shit get hit mentality.
We told them they could keep their towns but they wanted a fight, even you guys who are their allies wanted to kill them but do to OOC bs you went back to them.

Any real new moon member never wanted to fight them, and those that did were removed. New Moon and Saviors are and have been allies.

What has happened is both sides won’t admit defeat whether they get their asses handed to them or not. We’ve gone to Kab and gotten slapped, but there’s been plenty of times when you guys went to novaya and got your asses handed to you. 

If the entire reason a war is ongoing is because one side demands the death of one man, simply because he “shit talks” on the radio, then some people need to really consider what’s worth a multi-faction war that most of the server is sick of. 

3 minutes ago, Squillium said:

Any real new moon member never wanted to fight them, and those that did were removed. New Moon and Saviors are and have been allies.

What has happened is both sides won’t admit defeat whether they get their asses handed to them or not. We’ve gone to Kab and gotten slapped, but there’s been plenty of times when you guys went to novaya and got your asses handed to you. 

If the entire reason a war is ongoing is because one side demands the death of one man, simply because he “shit talks” on the radio, then some people need to really consider what’s worth a multi-faction war that most of the server is sick of. 

I'm afraid you are commenting on something you do not know the ins and outs of.

The war did not begin over bloody radio chatter.

6 minutes ago, Squillium said:

Guessing Viking Dusty and Shroud aren't real...
You mean like the Saviors when they wished war instead of staying in there town because it didn't look good on them to just accept it?
You weren't here when it began, you weren't here when it came to a middle you came about late like we're fighting now so please don't assume something without a foot to stand on.

Edited by Eagle

2 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Guessing Viking Dusty and Shroud aren't real...
You mean like the Saviors when they wished war instead of staying in there town?
You weren't here when it began, you weren't here when it came to a middle you came about late like we're fighting now so please don't assume something without a foot to stand on.

You’re right, I showed up right after I was doxxed and my friends were ddosed for days at a time over some walls in kab. All I’m saying is you guys act like none of the blame is on you and that’s silly. And yes there were misunderstandings with the saviors at one point but that’s fixed now.

2 minutes ago, Squillium said:

You’re right, I showed up right after I was doxxed and my friends were ddosed for days at a time over some walls in kab. All I’m saying is you guys act like none of the blame is on you and that’s silly. And yes there were misunderstandings with the saviors at one point but that’s fixed now.

What the hell are you on about now? 
What does an external threat from some monkeys have to do with us or the topic of the thread?

2 hours ago, Roland said:

More rules will not help with this I think. Some people just focus on PvP aspect of the game and disregard role play, that's how it is. I've already tried the approach with adding more and more rules to prevent PvP focus and abuse and it just constrained the entire community to the point where people stopped playing altogether.

The best thing to do is to record and report any actions that you believe are not in the spirit of fair play or where hostilities may not be warranted. Rule 2.3 catches the essence of the above without constraining the entire community with unnecessary rules. Enough of reports like that will trigger an action from admins to step in and question the involved groups in regards to those hostilities.

I actually think the best thing to do here is if the admins sat down with the group leaders and came to a conclusion to end all this mindless PvP that is plaguing your server right now. We've lost focus on roleplay Rolle, pls fix. I think you can take this thread as a report that something needs to be done.

Edited by Roman

57 minutes ago, Eagle said:

There’s not just one powerhouse running the server anymore ;^) 

32 minutes ago, Cid said:

Every time the players have been left to try and handle the situation it has failed... miserably.  The players don't really need the choice anymore.  Actions have consequences and A LOT of people here fail to have the ability to roleplay out the consequences.  Time to nut up or shut up.

Oath. People can't seem to be trusted to RP out a STORY anymore. What the point in fighting a war in both sides are a bunch of self regenerating T-1000's that will NEVER die?

The way it is though, neither side(s) are going to be willing to give in and let the other team win. They'd rather just throw story-line out the window, much like a toddler throwing its toys out of the crib when it doesn't get it's way.

The way I see it, both sides need to reach a compromise, before staff steps in and makes a decision for you.

1 minute ago, Eagle said:

What the hell are you on about now? 
What does an external threat from some monkeys have to do with us or the topic of the thread?

It has to do with the conflict and how upset some have gotten OOC. Also those “monkeys” were in ts with you after the incident happened and those involved tried to talk it out.

5 minutes ago, Squillium said:

It has to do with the conflict and how upset some have gotten OOC. Also those “monkeys” were in ts with you after the incident happened and those involved tried to talk it out.

Right, I cannot speak to my mates, you going to call out JimRP now and any and all personal that go on that TS?
I spoke with staff afterward and settled it, not sure why I would do it but sure yet again you guys keep your OOC anger towards me because I know the same ppl you anger almost like you guys are great at assuming shit.?
Either way, this has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Edited by Eagle

Well, a way to start solving the problem would be to actually have rp before each fight. At the moment we find new moon / saviors and if they are in a bad situation they run around until we initiate. Same for us. In most cases the moment we see each other we immediately initiate on each other. Would be fun and interesting if instead of just initiate there was a bit of rp. Maybe one day even we decided to not fight and just chill around a campfire or whatever and chat. Be frienamies for one day. But I doubt that will happen. To many people enjoy pvp and are always actively looking for the enemy to initiate on them.

Keep it civil guys please. This is a discussion, not a fight on who's right and wrong and who started what first.

Right to add more on to the topic and less drama, I would say the new rules Rolle put into place are a fair compromise to see how this all goes for a while. If this works out well enough, surely other people out there could see why a permakill on execution rule (That makes sense and is perfectly justifiable in RP) could be beneficial, no?

8 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Right, I cannot speak to my mates, you going to call out JimRP now and any and all personal that go on that TS?
I spoke with staff afterward and settled it, not sure why I would do it but sure yet again you guys keep your OOC anger towards me because I know the same ppl you anger almost like you guys are great at assuming shit.?
Either way, this has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Says the guy who developed a strong ooc hate for us overnight because you were removed from ts server and we dismantled some wood. Doesn't matter If you didn't participate in it, you knew it was happening and did nothing about it. 

This war is ooc fueled. People develop distaste and hatred for each other because of what happens in game and on the forums. Deny it all you want, we all know what the private ts channel or discord sounds like when a fight is lost or someone is executed or a radio chatter is made. Both sides ooc don't want to concede defeat because they be humiliated and the other side would get bragging rights and would use them whenever they had the chance. The only time a war like this ends is when people get bored. 

That's how its always been and always will be unless there is significant rule changes that would probably alienate the server. So don't act like its something that its not. 

Just now, Nihoolious said:

Both sides ooc don't want to concede defeat because they be humiliated and the other side would get bragging rights and would use them whenever they had the chance. The only time a war like this ends is when people get bored. 

This right here is another factor that I don't think my proposed permadeath idea's can solve. This is facts. Not just for this war but every single one ever. Every time it's going to be a fight followed by steam messages from the winner saying "Ha gottem xD" and this is how it's always been as far as I can remember. Not even just this current war but literally every single one that's ever happened for the most part. Idk people on both sides just need to learn how to take an L and perm their character or concede defeat in a battle so RP can actually flow and move forward as opposed to where it's at right now. I permed my character and am taking a back seat in the New Moon vs Dragon's war for a while for this reason alone. 

It's an interesting topic because there's no real way to avoid this aside from people taking personal responsibility for things and doing what they want to see others do I guess.

That being said we should probably avoid talking more about OOC hate stuff on this topic it's kind of derailing it and the thread has already been warned.

2 hours ago, SeversonRP said:

I had a whole thread on it, but as far as I remember it was shot down.

Yep I made a kind of similar thread, tbh though the simplest solution is some kind of permadeath system. People don't like either idea though.

It's simple, it is also kinda like society.

Either the playerbase/people deal with the problem effectively or the government/Rolle, comes in with a one size doesn't fit all solution and yeets everybody with an "I got this" and then nobody is happy.

Either way, this shit will get sorted one way or another.

*fades back into irrelevance and inactivity* 

46 minutes ago, Ryan Shepherd said:

I'm afraid you are commenting on something you do not know the ins and outs of.

The war did not begin over bloody radio chatter.

How did the war begin? I think it seems extremely random to most people. What I want to know is why did the Green Dragons get involved? I thought they were former mercs turned arms dealers who didn't do mercenary work anymore but they kind of just showed up out of nowhere and started doing merc work for the district. And all i've heard IC about the war is that it's going on because the saviors are cannibals and pedos. It just seems unrealistic to me, in a country that's been broken by civil war and an apocalyptic event you'd think people would be less likely to put their only life on the line over some nasty rumors. Did the Green Dragons joining actually have IC roleplay for why they want to return to mercenary work and kill the saviors? This is a bit of a shit show to someone looking in from the outside.

The entire war literally started over a sidewalk disputed in novaya with ciphers merc group