Server time: 2019-03-25, 21:04 WE ARE RECRUITING
Roman

Everlasting Server War

Something to stop the monotony of pointless firefights. Just something. Or at least some of the big dicking on radio chatter. Cause frankly who cares who's swinging their dicks around when we're getting mis-ID'd walking on the outskirts of a town and getting RDM'd because a random firefight broke out and we're trying to mind our own business or trying to find some RP.

I would like to see something implemented to help push the group lores instead of being a stalemate cause no one's actually dead though. 

3 hours ago, Eagle said:

And for the love of god bring TS back I hate this bs discord crap I have not done a single negotiation or received one since it came about.

+1 this a million times. I remember TS there were negotiations all the time even between hated groups. It brought complexity to the hostile RP and forced some groups to do things that you wouldn't see nowadays.

Permadeath won't stop the endless wars. As @Eagle said, people will start introducing new characters like long-lost half brother from another mother, join the same group saying "we know eachother, ok?" and pvp go on. Only if people would lose something they've worked for during the death, only then they would think twice before going into pvp. In some games you lose XP in other you lose Skills that you've trained either overtime or by grinding an action. Without this there's no real disadvantage of dying or even PK and in DayZ there's nothing that would really hurt a player on "You are dead" screen.

Also, as mentioned before, enormous ego is in the way. People don't want to surrender/find middlegrounds. I remember spending hours reading IC radio chatters as they were very interesting and a great source of IC knowledge. Now I very rarely browse that part of forum because it's just so called "big dicking" and a waste of time.

Will rules change anything? I doubt it. For me the best solution is as few rules as possible, to let people play this as a sandbox. But that requires simple common sense on community members side and do we really have it?

Quick edit: @Highlander you would be surprised how many people flee away from huge conflicts and try to start something simple/civilian style.

Edited by DerrickStorm

That's how it has always been. Groups don't like each other, then they go to war which is basically daily pvp until one of them decides to archive. I don't mind myself some PVP, I'm always down to shoot some people but when that happens on a daily basis, I might as well hop in a pub server.

3 minutes ago, AndreyQ said:

That's how it has always been. Groups don't like each other, then they go to war which is basically daily pvp until one of them decides to archive. I don't mind myself some PVP, I'm always down to shoot some people but when that happens on a daily basis, I might as well hop in a pub server.

This, the groups I'm at war with I've actually not been able to RP with or even roleplay with before going into conflict because they just been zerging us lmao. We got into the war because someone decided to use the radio and because of what the groups over the radio have heard they've just said fuck it and attacked us 3/4 times a day. Without trying to roleplay not getting into another conflict, oh well I guess 

Edited by Wong

1 minute ago, Wong said:

This, the groups I'm at war with I've actually not been able to RP with or even roleplay with before going into conflict because they just been zerging us lmao. We got into the war because someone decided to use the radio and because of what the groups over the radio have heard they've just said fuck it and attacked us 3/4 times a day. 

It is hard for me to give a proper opinion on the matter as I am not involved in any of the ongoing wars on the server but if you are stuck in endless pvp with one group go and talk to their leader(s) OOCly and come to a reasonable agreement. I am not a huge fan of staff mingling with my RP but if shit doesn't get solved you can get a GM or admin to moderate to conversion and help the 2 parties reach that agreement.

To make change we need radical new ideas to test out.

It is easy for me to suggest this cos I am willing to join peoples groups even if I do not know them OOC, but I know there are people who would NEVER accept this... imo creating more divide in the community. I love getting to know other people in the community and that is why I do not have mindset to play only with OOC friends I already have.

Once people can look past that, imo would RP be better and grow.

Couple of the ideas would be that once you are capture and character in group PK-ed you are forced to leave said group. We as a community can keep track of it cos major groups that war with each other can keep an eye on it as well.

Eventually leading up group being archived. Sure it wont be best solution cos people would make alts and roam as a dynamic but atleast they would not share KOS on initiating and would atleast take 30 days to make new group once group is archived cos group rules.

The other idea could be that groups would announce official war and permadeath event would be setup by said two sides and one that loses would archive... again giving the group 30 day cooldown before they can make a new idea.

Both systems are hard to do, but with a little work, I think we could find a solution.

Edited by Shanoby

It would be good for the war to end now. Don’t get me wrong it has been a awesome war and it has shaped the land and had effected many people because of it but it really can’t keep going forever can it ? 

I think that if two groups declare war on each other and it be an official state of each group, all their characters should only have one life and be perma-ed if killed in a battle with the opposing side.

This way the war can end, and one group can have a definite win if they kill an entire group or most of it's members and the rest surrender.
And if you're gonna have a cry about having to permanently kill your character cause you get in firefights everyday (and die), then you don't really value your life do you?

23 minutes ago, Connvexus said:

I think that if two groups declare war on each other and it be an official state of each group, all their characters should only have one life and be perma-ed if killed in a battle with the opposing side.

This way the war can end, and one group can have a definite win if they kill an entire group or most of it's members and the rest surrender.
And if you're gonna have a cry about having to permanently kill your character cause you get in firefights everyday (and die), then you don't really value your life do you?

Issue is this ain't no war just repetitive battles all the RP is out the window.

I don't really see the issue in the rules. If both parties agree that the way things are going is bad then why not have a peace conference? No new rules are needed imo. 

My group has been in negotiations twice, one time the negotiations were successful for both parties the other time the other group archived so I don't think it's impossible. Tbf there wasn't a huge amount of fighting before however it's the same concept. 

More rules will not help with this I think. Some people just focus on PvP aspect of the game and disregard role play, that's how it is. I've already tried the approach with adding more and more rules to prevent PvP focus and abuse and it just constrained the entire community to the point where people stopped playing altogether.

The best thing to do is to record and report any actions that you believe are not in the spirit of fair play or where hostilities may not be warranted. Rule 2.3 catches the essence of the above without constraining the entire community with unnecessary rules. Enough of reports like that will trigger an action from admins to step in and question the involved groups in regards to those hostilities.

Last night I witnessed 3-4 firfights between the parties within a small time period. I don't like restricting people's playstyles but something has to give... It's getting retarded at this point.

Nobody wishes to negotiate. Big dicking and constant pointless firefights. That's what they are at this point, pointless. 

The parties involved seem to only communicate through the reports and have little to no communication between each other. It's getting tiresome and stale. War is fun...war is great but this war will only end when party decides to disband or get permabaned.

Talk with each other oocly and find a conclusion. It's getting tiring.

11 hours ago, Rainey said:

I feel this, it gets repetitive sometimes. I'm pretty sure Rolle mentioned something about implementing an old feature of if you die "X" amount of times in a week, your character has to perma. The system automatically adds up any injuries you get ingame, and puts them on your character page. This is obviously gonna have some bugs at first but it was a good system and I think the server would benefit from it again.

Personally I think this rule should almost solely or more heavily act on players that are in a group that is currently at war. make it more of a risk to go to war and make the war cost something by people losing characters

5 minutes ago, Stagsview said:

-snip-

Well there holding up to there word, giving us the zerg we deserve.?
We tried negotiations for one man's life and were given memes instead so never again.

Edited by Eagle

4 minutes ago, Stagsview said:

Last night I witnessed 3-4 firfights between the parties within a small time period. I don't like restricting people's playstyles but something has to give... It's getting retarded at this point.

Nobody wishes to negotiate. Big dicking and constant pointless firefights. That's what they are at this point, pointless. 

The parties involved seem to only communicate through the reports and have little to no communication between each other. It's getting tiresome and stale. War is fun...war is great but this war will only end when party decides to disband or get permabaned.

It needed to be said and I agree with this.
I dont mind a firefight every so often, but 4 to 5 days a day between the same people is getting very very tiring.

I don't think rules will help in the long-term, what I think the whole server would benefit from is more server-wide events, more tools to help people learn to roleplay, and a bit tighter of a community.

13 minutes ago, Stagsview said:

Honestly I agree, from what I saw of the deal that I believe district attempted to make it was just met with memes and more bigdicking so we're at this stage of boring pvp and no resolution in sight it seems until the leaders of the groups are actually willing to come to an agreement which I personally don't see happening but would like to be proven wrong.

16 minutes ago, Eagle said:

We tried negotiations for one man's life and were given memes instead so never again.

Apologises. I forgot about that situation...and I also remember another one in regards to the saviors on the lines of Ducky and his ig ban.

If saviours also have been trying.... Then good on them also... But seriously... The leaders need to sit down...talk with each other oocly and come to an agreement... And if it means one side needs to loose...so be it, not every ear ends on a white peace, there has to be consequences.

But the big dicking needs to stop as from what I'm reading/hearing and witnessing... Everybody is getting tired of this. Let the storyline move on... And do something different.

Just now, Stagsview said:

Apologises. I forgot about that situation...and I also remember another one in regards to the saviors on the lines of Ducky and his ig ban.

If saviours also have been trying.... Then good on them also... But seriously... The leaders need to sit down...talk with each other oocly and come to an agreement... And if it means one side needs to loose...so be it, not every ear ends on a white peace, there has to be consequences.

But the big dicking needs to stop as from what I'm reading/hearing and witnessing... Everybody is getting tired of this. Let the storyline move on... And do something different.

That's the issue, it doesn't matter how many fights are won or what RP is involved in said fights because now legit I see herds of cows moving through a field trying to trample all over my lovely flowers.
No one wants to lose no one can lose, Pk or not nothing changes people wanna fight so be it I don't mind the fights but when you add the bs big dicking on the cancer radio threads, makes me wanna just turn into a hermit and go somewhere else.

26 minutes ago, Eagle said:

What eagle said.

I offered a solution to the war, one man's life for many resulting in peace.

It was meme'd by the intended party.

Pointless.

shouldn't have to solve IC relations OOC.

14 minutes ago, Ryan Shepherd said:

What eagle said.

I offered a solution to the war, one man's life for many resulting in peace.

It was meme'd by the intended party.

Pointless.

shouldn't have to solve IC relations OOC.

Agreed, it should always be like that. IC over ooc. But in this case... It might be the only solution .... because this war has gone from IC to ooc very quickly to whoever has the bigus dickus. That or staff come in and make their own choice...and I doubt both parties wish for staff involvement in this war.

At least try talking with each other, liska and free territory always spoke to each other during our war and we always made sure it was fun for both parties without ruining the fun @Ducky

@Stannis

And if you want my opinion, moody should have permadeathed. The characters been around to long and has had his storyline ...a very wild and important one. But the story should end.

Edited by Stagsview

3 minutes ago, Stagsview said:

Agreed, it should always be like that. IC over ooc. But in this case... It might be the only solution .... because this war has gone from IC to ooc very quickly to whoever has the bigus dickus. That or staff come in and make their own choice...and I doubt both parties wish for staff involvement in this war.

At least try talking with each other, liska and free territory always spoke to each other during our war and we always made sure it was fun for both parties without ruining the fun @Ducky.

And if you want my opinion, moody should have permadeathed. The characters been around to long and has had his storyline ...a very wild and important one. But the story should end.

I agree with Staggs here, he has some valid points.

@MoodyOG lets talk.

This -could- also be an opportunity for a server wide event... Every group that is at War, meet for one big brawl in one specific place.. Winner of that brawl, will take the leader of opposing group to RP and PK.  This way, you kill two birds with a single stone.. People that refuse to meet? Defamed for having Micro dickus, those that decide to come to end this? Bigger dickus and the results of the battle make it clear once and for all, who has the biggest of dinks. <_<  I know this might have been suggested before, but now it's in pvp language. You're welcome. 

Leaders of groups meet OOC, decide the details and settle this like they should. 

Edited by Bounty

Just now, Bounty said:

This -could- also be an opportunity for a server wide event... Every group that is at War, meet for one big brawl in one specific place.. Winner of that brawl, will take the leader of opposing group to RP and PK.  This way, you kill two birds with a single stone.. People that refuse to meet? Defamed for having Micro dickus, those that decide to come to end this? Bigger dickus and the results of the battle make it clear once and for all, who has the biggest of dinks. <_<  I know this might have been suggested before, but now it's in pvp language. You're welcome. 

I'm not really interested in making an event out of it, there's been plenty of firefights, theres been more than enough.

That was proposed before by Slyva and no one really took notice of it.

44 minutes ago, Stagsview said:

War... war never changes