Server time: 2019-02-24, 02:19 WE ARE RECRUITING
Angima

Server crashes causing persistance wipe

So I personally spent 15 hours on pure base building in the last 2 days, we almost finished with our masterpiece and then… 2 servercrashes within 1 hour - everything in the whole area was gone. not even a little bit of leftovers. 40 boxes of nails where used, 7 barrels, tons of wooden logs and planks and much more. 

Frustration isn't even a word to describe how i feel right now, I'm literally thinking about quitting the game until those things are finally fixed. 

I've seen bases around the Server that lasts longer than 4 weeks while our bases getting despawned within 5 days, sometimes more than once a day! 
Does anyone experiences similar problems with their bases? Does anyone knows the answer or the secret how to avoid this game experience crashing issue? I would appreciate it a lot if anyone can help. Because setting 15 hours of free time into the wind isn't easy to swallow.

Edited by Angima

Calling in master builder @Camokid95 for his PoV

I am one of those individuals, who originally built the shop in Kabanino, that lasted 6 weeks, and the pianohouse, that lasted for 3-4 weeks.

As many others have said before me, I believe it may be related to storage build-objects that are placed nearby. For example there was a military tent placed inside the pianohouse's compound, that was there for about 2-3 days, and this was also around the time I built about 40 or so more walls around Kabanino. I feel if there's a lot of entities in one location, or there's storage, such as a military tent or barrel, nearby, it will cause everything to despawn.

I haven't had any issues with crates, seachests, or car tents. I have noticed from reading posts, and personal experience, that bases with military tents, and barrels and primarily despawned shortly after 2-3 days of placement, and after several server crashes.

3 minutes ago, Roland said:

Calling in master builder @Camokid95 for his PoV

Right when I wrote "submit reply" you called me in. I need to buy more BeanZ, cause I don't have enough to give out. Haha.

15 minutes ago, Camokid95 said:

I am one of those individuals, who originally built the shop in Kabanino, that lasted 6 weeks, and the pianohouse, that lasted for 3-4 weeks.

As many others have said before me, I believe it may be related to storage build-objects that are placed nearby. For example there was a military tent placed inside the pianohouse's compound, that was there for about 2-3 days, and this was also around the time I built about 40 or so more walls around Kabanino. I feel if there's a lot of entities in one location, or there's storage, such as a military tent or barrel, nearby, it will cause everything to despawn.

I haven't had any issues with crates, seachests, or car tents. I have noticed from reading posts, and personal experience, that bases with military tents, and barrels and primarily despawned shortly after 2-3 days of placement, and after several server crashes.

Right when I wrote "submit reply" you called me in. I need to buy more BeanZ, cause I don't have enough to give out. Haha.

Thank you a lot for your reply. We were Aware of tents causing problems with persistance so we decided to use only crades and barrels. I am also not sure if random things like clothings, attachments (mags ..) and backpacks on the ground would cause similar problems. What About Generators and spotlights with cable reels? Will they cause the same issue? We are trying to make a public place as fancy as we can hehe.. would be a shame if we need to say good bye to things like this aswell.

1 minute ago, Angima said:

----What About Generators and spotlights with cable reels? Will they cause the same issue? We are trying to make a public place as fancy as we can hehe.. would be a shame if we need to say good bye to things like this aswell.---

I can confirm that I had a generator, wire, and at least one spotlight, long-term within my shop's compound that was persistant, and didn't appear to cause any issues.

I fail to understand how developers cannot fix persitance bugs, when we have some many building MMO... For instance Life is Feudal. I've invested literally weeks with other people into building infrastructure to gather resources to build a small castle/settlements etc. It was amazing experience. At first when they introduced basebuilding in DayZ I was hyped. After first few weeks seeing greater numbers in the community, and first indications that's something wrong with basebuilding, I started to worry that poeople are going to be frustraded. I really admire people who still invest their time into making places unique.

I've never had walls/towers but I've had plenty of camps built using tents/barrels/underground stashes and addons. Some lasted weeks, some dissapeared after a day. In some cases only generator with hooked up wiring and all the lights despawned in matter of hours. 

I'm not sure if it's possible to check what's causing issue, as knowing dayz it maybe even something we store in container, right? Or maybe it's a problem with degradation, like barrels should last couple of days without interaction, but in this case maybe the counter is just wrong...

I really hope people won't give up, because some of the player-built stuff I have already encountered was just amazing and immersive.

Also just a quick thought of somebody that doesn't have a clue how things work. There's a lot of screenshots where Cars are floating in the air, in some cases I've observed cars were slowly getting higher after restarts/crashes. Is it possible to check if the base object that dissapeared didn't travel somewhere along z-axis, for example to the bottom of the map, below the textures?

Probably a shot in the dark since there are logs who build what and who destroyed what, so there are probably logs what still exists...

Just now, DerrickStorm said:

Also just a quick thought of somebody that doesn't have a clue how things work. There's a lot of screenshots where Cars are floating in the air, in some cases I've observed cars were slowly getting higher after restarts/crashes. Is it possible to check if the base object that dissapeared didn't travel somewhere along z-axis, for example to the bottom of the map, below the textures?

Probably a shot in the dark since there are logs who build what and who destroyed what, so there are probably logs what still exists...

That is actually an interesting thought. It is a probable to happen. I would suspect any object manipulated/created by the player is technically a "dynamic object", and it's "state" could load in differently every time the server restarts. As "dynamic objects" load after the map loads. --- Any object relevant to the map loading is a "static object". 

I would disagree with any comparison that the physics/game mechanics are the same between settlement objects and vehicles though.

However, since both are dynamic objects, they would be in the database which uses coordinates to load in the objects, after the map loads. Databases are susceptible to bugs or corruption.

What about experimental 1.01 update, they said they probably fixed persistence problem?