Server time (UTC): 2019-07-21, 18:03
Sign in to follow this  
Traillz

being robbed

3 minutes ago, MatthewWolf said:

Ive stopped approaching groups of more than 2 people. People will make up the stupidest shit to make you have to give up something without it being called a robbery. What can you do, your outgunned. Got run up on by a group of 4 wannabe badass russian soldiers the other day after a restart and they wanted "insurance" that i was telling the truth about my groups whereabouts. So they insisted i give them my vest *while reloading their rifles* so that they would have something for their "troubles" when trying to find my group. 

Im gonna kill them all now...

Thats the shit that makes me want to stop interacting with people and just lonewolf somewhere in the f*****g forest. 

It's the current culture of the DayZRP community that nobody wants to talk about, and you get flamed when you complain about it. It's become a place for people to abuse rules in order to bully others and get their rocks off. They give the most minimal amount of roleplay possible not to get flagged or banned, take your stuff or kill you for saying no, and continue on to find new prey. 

1 minute ago, Rover said:

Strong-arming is what its called, and its a fun form of RP. My pro-tip? Don't carry shit worth being robbed over. Last time I was 'robbed' was people wanting to borrow my shovel...

It can be boring never seeing anybody. I'd love to go through what you did, sounds like fun to me.

It's not strong arming when every nutjob in swat gear does it now, it's just killing roleplay.

1 minute ago, Cherryfeather said:

It's not strong arming when every nutjob in swat gear does it now, it's just killing roleplay.

It's not killing roleplay, strongarming has been a thing for as  long as I've played here and way before that, it it was killing RP it would have been killed a long time ago

Edited by Viking

3 minutes ago, Cherryfeather said:

It's the current culture of the DayZRP community that nobody wants to talk about, and you get flamed when you complain about it. It's become a place for people to abuse rules in order to bully others and get their rocks off. They give the most minimal amount of roleplay possible not to get flagged or banned, take your stuff or kill you for saying no, and continue on to find new prey. 

Simmer down there lad, If you want my video i will show that we gave a solid 20 minutes of RP before even making any form of threats towards his person. All RP was proportional, proper, and of a high quality.

It's still strong arming, and we took a SINGLE ITEM from this man's arsenal of gear, because it made sense to. I'd say he got off pretty cleanly. Instead of making such wide accusations, how about you find some relevant video evidence and report when this bad rp happens to you. Our RP was not bad, it was substantial and appropriate.

Thanking you.

Edited by Para

13 minutes ago, MatthewWolf said:

4 wannabe badass russian soldiers 

It is Chernarussian and we actually put effort into our roles and accents, thanks for not appreciating that the slightest bit. It is frustrating to read this one from a guy who introduces his 2D character as a "lone wolf" with the surname wolf. 

they insisted i give them my vest

A) Stop valuing a vest over your characters life. B) Just say no. Make people initiate on you and give you some nice role play. Definitely C) Stop crying about gear.

Thats the shit that makes me want to stop interacting with people 

Okay this is sad, we actually role played with you for quite a while and thought it was interesting. Before you start making whining threads maybe report if you think a rule was broken or dm people and leave them some feedback. 

I'm waiting for you. Bring it. :^)

Edited by Ron

12 minutes ago, MatthewWolf said:

Ive stopped approaching groups of more than 2 people. People will make up the stupidest shit to make you have to give up something without it being called a robbery. What can you do, your outgunned. Got run up on by a group of 4 wannabe badass russian soldiers the other day after a restart and they wanted "insurance" that i was telling the truth about my groups whereabouts. So they insisted i give them my vest *while reloading their rifles* so that they would have something for their "troubles" when trying to find my group. 

Thats the shit that makes me want to stop interacting with people and just lonewolf somewhere in the f*****g forest. 

First of all, I am not a "wannabe badass russian". I am a badass wannabe Chernarussian. Second of all, it was not the other day, it was today, maybe 20 to 30 min ago.

We have it all recorded. We talked to you for about 20 to 30 minutes. But yeah, go and kill us all.

If you disliked the scenario and think a rule was broken, Report it, that is what the report section is for, instead of shit talking on the forum.

Pro-tip:

1.Do not get too attached to your gear.

✌️

Edited by Terra

9 minutes ago, MatthewWolf said:

You don't have to give into strong-arming, you could always resist. If you're continuously running into situations like this maybe you just need to man up and take a few fights, join a group and have people who are ready for a fight if you're not wanting to give in and lose a couple pixels in your inventory. Being a lonewolf is a good way to get bullied around, survive in groups buddy.

Just now, Cherryfeather said:

That's the excuse I always get, but it's not original or fun for anyone except the bullies getting free gear. 

This isn't a server called DayZGear mate, it's DayZRP. Hostile RP is still a form of RP. He lost a SINGLE item, stop focusing on the gear and focus on the RP you get out of it.

3 minutes ago, Jasper said:

Your clock might be off. This was fifteen minutes ago not a few days ago. 

Regardless if you took issue with the quality of RP please, talk to me instead of writing up slander on the forums. That's kind of poor form. Hit me up in discord if you took issue with anything as I personally found my quality of RP to be pretty good there, for a reformed man. ?

Just voicing my opinion here. It seemed like you didnt want to belive my story all the way from the beginning, and that the reasons i gave for not giving up my groups location didnt get any hold. Like you would give up your "familys" location to a random stranger in a post apocalypic world. 3v1, what other possible outcome could i have had other than a bullet through the skull or you guys taking more than just my vest...

3 minutes ago, Cherryfeather said:

Brother, you weren't there. The RP lasted for nearly 30 minutes in total and only got hostile after we found many inconsistencies in his stories and gave him several severeal chances to avoid offending me IC. But if someone sketches me out, I feel like they're lying to me, is kinda disrespectful and tries to mislead me? What am I meant to do? Sing kumbayaa with them and swap backstories? 

That's the excuse I always get, but it's not original or fun for anyone except the bullies getting free gear. 

TIL Hostile RP isn't allowed because it makes me a bully. Come on man. Strong arming one item gets this kind of reaction from someone who wasn't even there? I would take @Para up on his offer to see the Video of the situation before casting really harsh judgement like that. 

1 minute ago, MatthewWolf said:

Just voicing my opinion here. It seemed like you didnt want to belive my story all the way from the beginning, and that the reasons i gave for not giving up my groups location didnt get any hold. Like you would give up your "familys" location to a random stranger in a post apocalypic world. 3v1, what other possible outcome could i have had other than a bullet through the skull or you guys taking more than just my vest...

Yeah I know it's almost like you were put into a situation that you didn't have much choice in and thus it bred RP and now you have something to do IC - hunt us down or something. You could take this in character and roll with it and grow from it instead of being upset about it. 

-snip-

Its a shame you didn't enjoy the encounter, I'll admit I was tired and didn't want to rob you because your RP didn't interest me, but my friends also wanted to resolve their conversation with you before they moved on. I think I did my best to make sure my friends were happy but you also didn't lose your pixels.

If you wanna chat about the situation and resolve your issue with my roleplay, I'm happy to jump into the DayZRP discord. We are a community after all and everybody should make an effort to ensure we're all satisfied.

Just now, MatthewWolf said:

We dont even have to believe your story - I think that part still is not clear to you.

Even if I OOC -out of character- believe you, IC - In character-, I stick to my story I created for my character, and she wont believe stuff easily, especially when someone struggles to give out names. Thats called roleplay.

Please learn how to seperate IC and OOC. Thanks.

If you put the roleplay in, then sure, I'm not flaming your exact instance. I was only making a commentary on the fact that the whole server is just kids in Call of Duty costumes robbing and shooting eachother, and has been for months. Places like Green Mountain get trampled purely because everyone who tried to actually roleplay is just robbed and killed there. And Hasn't New Moon been in like 80% of the reports since it's inception? 

2 minutes ago, Jasper said:

Brother, you weren't there. The RP lasted for nearly 30 minutes in total and only got hostile after we found many inconsistencies in his stories and gave him several severeal chances to avoid offending me IC. But if someone sketches me out, I feel like they're lying to me, is kinda disrespectful and tries to mislead me? What am I meant to do? Sing kumbayaa with them and swap backstories? 

TIL Hostile RP isn't allowed because it makes me a bully. Come on man. Strong arming one item gets this kind of reaction from someone who wasn't even there? I would take @Para up on his offer to see the Video of the situation before casting really harsh judgement like that. 

Yeah I know it's almost like you were put into a situation that you didn't have much choice in and thus it bred RP and now you have something to do IC - hunt us down or something. You could take this in character and roll with it and grow from it instead of being upset about it. 

Im not trying to make enemies here. The only thing was that i left the situation without really gaining anything, RP wise. Keep the vest, thats not the issue. Is the reasoning behind the "robbery" i have a problem with. Not the theft itself... it just felt off

If you put the roleplay in, then sure, I'm not flaming your exact instance. I was only making a commentary on the fact that the whole server is just kids in Call of Duty costumes robbing and shooting eachother, and has been for months. Places like Green Mountain get trampled purely because everyone who tried to actually roleplay is just robbed and killed there. And Hasn't New Moon been in like 80% of the reports since it's inception? 

Lowkey flame aside

How many guilty verdicts have there been? Also, this was not a New Moon situation. I am in New Moon but my character isn't quite yet. Other characters of mine are, sure, but not this one. And if you weren't talking about this instance...why did you quote it and reference it? C'mon. I'm done with this thread, y'all are welcome to the VOD and @MatthewWolf You are welcome to discuss in Discord or PM's. 

4 minutes ago, MatthewWolf said:

Im not trying to make enemies here. The only thing was that i left the situation without really gaining anything, RP wise. Keep the vest, thats not the issue. Is the reasoning behind the "robbery" i have a problem with. Not the theft itself... it just felt off

I'm actually curious why they took it as well, which is the only reason I posted. Why not GIVE you something? Or do nothing at all? What's the motivation that any of these groups have to do what they do? DayZPVPRP.

I'm actually curious why they took it as well, which is the only reason I posted. Why not GIVE you something? Or do nothing at all? What's the motivation that any of these groups have to do what they do? DayZPVPRP.

Feel free to join us in discord if you really want to get your view of dayzrp off your chest, we're here to discuss, with anybody involved, what happened and why it happened. 

You're actively making shit worse for both sides with the low key flame, bait and negativity. Please become a more wholesome man before posting here again xo

11 minutes ago, MatthewWolf said:

i left the situation without really gaining anything, RP wise.

• How many were they?
  • Chernarussains you say?
  • Are there more people who were attacked by them?
  • If so how can I reach potential other victims?
  • Maybe make a radio call?
  • Should I go around that area next time?
  • Maybe I check around a trading spot and ask people if they made the same experience?
  • Maybe I can gather people to grow and be able to defend myself?
  • I could be more careful next time I meet natives?
  • Why are they so angry? Is there a reason behind all that?
  • Maybe I find someone who can explain that to me?
  • Are they only operation in that area or elsewhere?
  • Do they have Enemies?
  • Did I manage to see what they looked like?
  • Am I able to identify them next time?
  • Did they use any names?
  • Are they part of something bigger? 
  • What can I say next time I meet them? Should I prepare?
  • Do I need to warn people about them?

It is role play. Don't be close minded.

Edited by Ron

I'm only bringing the negative opinion of RP's current state as spoken to me by the quiet many. Someone told me before to be the change that I want to see, so instead of staying silent I will address the big M4 carrying, black skull mask wearing elephant in the room until we expect more from our bandit groups instead of letting them run free with no expectations, delivering the bare minimum to avoid reports to gain loot. I watched the video, and you guys did fine, even though the act of forcing him to give up his vest with no reason is obvious low-key gearrp, at least he had some roleplay out of it. 

This isn't a direct commentary on you, this is me bringing up a problem that many speak of silently in discords and in-game when not IC. It's not banditry that's the problem, it's the quality of it that I aim to change. Keep delivering good roleplay and have real reasons why you do the things you do and I support you.

Alright everyone, let's take a chance to calm down and think about things. Cut the back and forth. We will reopen the thread once we think everyone has calmed down.

/locked

/unlocked

Please keep this topic in a civil manner. Thank you.

39 minutes ago, Cherryfeather said:

Well.... Yes. Its still strong arming even when everyone does it. Its an act. Strong arming is what its called.

They can't kill you for saying no. Refusing to give someone gear when they strong arm you does not give them any kill rights. Strong-arming is not initiating. If you say no, they have to /actually/ initiate on you. The whole point of strong-arming is that you toe the line between actually threatening someone, and making 'a suggestion'. Once they initiate on you, they only get kill rights if you do not comply, talk back, or whatever else was recently implemented in the updated rule change at the beginning of the month.

Note that even without the rules, the same thing exists in real life. Its the whole 'Hey, you want to buy some insurance? Be a shame if something happened to your windows' kinda thing.

For the record also, I have no sweet clue who the specific people the MatthewWolf was mentioning are, though I see them in this thread.

You guys ever thought about the fact that every time you rob someone you have to put on this big show so people don't bitch and whine and if you do it badly you can get banned but yet you can do the same repetitive trader RP, with the same bs dialogue and not get banned?

Edited by Eagle

Honestly last time I was robbed was like a month ago and before that about... Eight months ago. Just gotta be careful where you go.

Edited by Good Fella

It's the apocalypse. You're naive if you think that people wouldn't get robbed very often if not killed. If you find yourself getting robbed on many occasions then maybe try switching it up. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting something different is ludicrous. Roll around with friends so you have more numbers or don't carry military grade rifles if you aren't going to shoot them when getting robbed.  

Also, personally I think it's much harder to provide hostileRP than any other form and I think you should take that into consideration when people are trying their best to give you an experience that can lead to other things.