Server time (UTC): 2019-06-18, 05:45
Sign in to follow this  
Traillz

being robbed

is anyone else tired of getting robbed every half hour just because you have something they want and they don't want to work for it i mean i get its the apocalypse so its would happen but its a game and i n one wants to get robbed 24/7 it makes it hard to rp scared when you get robbed so much that you're just tired of losing your stuff and not being able to do anything about it i think that there should be more rules on it but i don't know that is just what i think

i wish i would get robbed

Survival of the fittest bud. 

I think you're a tad too focused on your gear and not the RP.

While I understand your frustration, clearly you're in the wrong area repeatedly. Might I suggest looking elsewhere other than where you seem to be getting repeatedly robbed?

Also, if you think the RP is bad/ trolly you can report it.

Find yourself a group dood. Band together to fight the oppressors 'n stuff, adds to the RP. Can't expect to be the top dog in the apocalypse if you roll by yourself

I can sympathize with some of your points, however I will take a robbery with good hostile RP over bad campfire RP or even no RP any day of the week.  Some of the best interactions I've had in this community have been hostile, though some of the worst have also been hostile.

However, if you feel a robbery was conducted with next to no roleplay or was poorly conducted in the roleplay, be sure to record and report it.  Hopefully you'll grow to love good hostile RP!

I havent been robbed in ages. Wish I would

Try not to hold too tightly to your gear. Everything on your character is just pixels after all and it just respawns across the map anyways.

I aint been robbed in a long time honestly and I kinda miss the Hostile RP. If nothing else try to further the roleplay when someone takes you hostage. Have fun with it! 

Depends on what you have mate? If you have an AK/m4 with a plate carrier and all around make yourself look like a free meal it's bound to happen.

But the RP in DayzRP stands for Rob People, right?

I would say stick to civilian weapons if you're really out to RP, because seriously if you dress in military garb but have no intentions on doing combat there's no point and it makes you stick out a sore thumb especially in the triangle (Kabanino, Vybor, NWAF, Stary Sobor)

I would also suggest updating your character page, maybe a better character picture and more detail for your character story.

Your character is 17 and the character picture is a man in a ghillie suit. I'd expect a 17 year old to wear a hoodie, some nice kicks and a school bag not a ghillie suit.

Plus your story has 24 words, the rest is filler.

I myself wear a rain jacket, a zmijovka cap, jeans and some nice boots. Maybe a courier bag if I want to carry more things but I can seriously get all my things from spawning in and I'm set. If I get killed it's no big deal because I haven't lost much.

Robberies are a common thing, especially during times like these. We're 550+ days into the apocalypse, times are gonna be dire and people need supplies. What's the quickest way to get supplies, stealing them from other people. Robberies are a good thing to have on the server, they add a constant fear to the world and the people around you and can create really interesting situations and character development. However, if conducted poorly and solely for the sake of gear without any roleplay, they leave nothing but a sour taste in your mouth. If this is ever the case, I'd suggest reporting it.

My little tip for dealing with robberies,
Don't get too attached to your stuff, you're gonna lose it eventually no matter what you do. Also, try and dress civilian. If you look like you've got a lot of stuff with you, people are gonna think that you have a lot of stuff with you which some people would gladly take away from you.

Could always just ask yourself, if you're a solo survivor do you really need your M4 / Ak? 

Chances are your answer is no, as most times you'll gain KoS rights you won't get a chance to use them so ?‍♂️

As others have said, do things to make yourself a more difficult target / less of a target. Band together, avoid high traffic areas if you're really worried about your gear. Take countermeasures if you really want to focus on the gear.

As for more rules, nah. We had an old set of rules that meant random robberies had to have "fabricated" reasoning to rob and it killed the pace and tension in the server. Robbery rules are fine, if somebody gives you bad RP report it. Otherwise take the L on the chin and just go back to regearing i guess.

It simply depends on your perspective. I agree a lot of robberies come because people want what you have. In most situations "hopefully" there will be some decent rp following the robbery. The others are correct to say this is common, especially now. So many factions are at war with one another that many are dieing, and thus more supplies are needed. Granted the Civilians are caught in the middle, especially those who have not chosen a side. My recommendation to you is to find a group of brothers and sisters that can watch your back.

Not long before this there was a time when the major groups on the server were all allied together. There was peace on the land for a while, but it was because of OCC friendships and those OCC friends took what they wanted from everyone, thus everyone remained scattered and contact with others was minimal. Honestly I count my lucky stars with the fact that the larger factions are doing what they should, war. If all the large factions were at peace they would dominate everything which would make the game nearly unplayable for common solo players.

I understand that you don't like being robbed. I know in some cases you get gear rp, others you get tortured. Again, be thankful that you get to see players as it has been far worse. Find yourself a group to tag along with even if you don't join it. Hang with us District in Kab and we will do what we can to protect you. However be prepared for Saviors, or other enemies, to attack us.

Something Banshee mentioned, she is absolutely correct. When I first started playing this game back in Mod I was so happy and giddy when I found an OP sniper which made me not want to play out of fear for losing it. I found the most fun I have now is walking with an outfit I enjoy, that others probably could care less about. Be prepared to lose everything you have and you will care less if you lose it.

Edited by Zipcouda

RP stands for rob people

idk try having less gear

I rob people when they have stuff me and my group need more than they do. like a civillian that is decked out like an army kid. It doesn't fit, so we take it off their hands and do them a favor ? 

Tired of robbing people? No.

Simple solution to being robbed is shooting the people robbing you. Another simple solution is looking for groups that are recruiting and joining them. At the end of the day if you have a gun and you keep getting robbed, why do you have a gun? Only exception would be over 2-3 people robbing you continuously but I doubt that happens all the time to you. 

the problem here is that loot respawns if loot never respawned then you would not get robbed over and over.

Edited by OxeN

21 hours ago, Traillz said:

tired of losing your stuff and not being able to do anything about it i think that there should be more rules on it but i don't know that is just what i think

1) Don't have lots of gear. Dress as a civilian instead of military and have a courier bag with essentials like food instead of a massive bag filled with ammo. As a gun maybe a shotgun but not an M4 or AK. 
2) You can always shoot someone if they initiate on you. ? 

Fucka bandit, amirite? Shoot their ass.

or

Don't look too much like a walking military loot spawn.

Edited by Nightngale

11 minutes ago, OxeN said:

the problem here is that loot respawns if loot never respawned then you would not get robbed over and over.

You would get robbed with a fork.

I've been role playing for about two weeks now on a new character and have yet to be robbed. Hell I even waltz about with a M4 and plate carrier. I was initiated on once due to the suspicion that I was spy...but I role played it out and even got to keep my stuff. I bring this up though because I tend to run off on my own about 70 percent of the time and when I meet new people I simply approach them and act confident with my weapon out and observing their movements. If they get sketchy I ask what is wrong and I'll blatantly ask about their buddy in the woods nearby. Stay observant and make them nervous and nine time out of ten they will think twice about robbing you. For all they know you were about to rob them if you play it off right. So keep cool and if you don't think you can defend yourself with a M4 then don't bother grabbing one. 

Edited by Lyaria