Server time: 2019-03-18, 14:30 WE ARE RECRUITING
TeutonicOG

A new character concept idea

So i was recently thinking About what Kind of character i would like to create in some time in the future and thought About a character Concept that might would stand in conflict with some Server rules. I am Talking About a contract Killer. 

here is the idea: The character would live in a known area and can be found by everyone. He would wear a remarkable Outfit so he is easy to identify. He wouldn't be part of any Group or diplomatic side and would work on his own. Sometimes IC you have grudges on specific characters for reasons and want them dead. So you could go to the contract Killer and pay him for killing that Person. therefore you Need the Price for the kill and the full Name of the target. If this is done the Killer would make a Radio call about the target and that he awaits informations About him and then go and try to find the target to kill him.

This Kind of character would include RP between the Killer and the Client, RP between Killer and persons who might have informations and could add some really nice atmosphere to the target because that Person would know About him being target when listening to the Radio. (it is not that realistic but I like the fact to know About being the target. this kinda adds some fear.)

Now the Problem in my opinion: To actually kill the target you Need to initiate and he Needs to be non complying. Otherwise you have no kill Rights on him. Would there be a way to add specific rules between Killer and target? Both could have KOS Rights on each other as Long as the contract goes. (I would say Killer has 1 day to finish his Job othewise it will be seen as failed Operation). With the fact that the Killer would wear a Special noticeable Outfit he could be identified on the distance and gives the target a good Chance to defend himself other than the Killer who Needs to find out how the target Looks like. If the target is part of a Group he would share his kos Rights with the whole Group. on this way it would be realistic enough i think.

It is just an idea that I had. I want to find out if such a character would be possible with our rules. If anyone has additional ideas to that I would really appreciate it if you share them here ? 

There's no way to support what you're trying to do while staying within the rules. The closest that's ever been done was a member who was a killer and had a thread where people could volunteer to be killed, but wouldn't really work for a contract killer since no one could give you a target unless they were willing to volunteer.

5 minutes ago, SWAGRP said:

There's no way to support what you're trying to do while staying within the rules. The closest that's ever been done was a member who was a killer and had a thread where people could volunteer to be killed, but wouldn't really work for a contract killer since no one could give you a target unless they were willing to volunteer.

hm I see. And what if the Killer would write the target OOC and ask for permission? So it would be in the Hands of the target if he wants to give a single Person KOS Rights. If he disagree the contract would be seen as failed?

32 minutes ago, Angima said:

hm I see. And what if the Killer would write the target OOC and ask for permission? So it would be in the Hands of the target if he wants to give a single Person KOS Rights. If he disagree the contract would be seen as failed?

He had a thread explaining the idea and people could sign up. I can't find it though. I did find this- 

Instead of contract killing, try the mercenary route, similar to the Black Rose's and Legacy. Most of the contracts are probs gonna be for a person they want dead anyway.

Theres no way you could avoid the RP between you and the person you are hunting, that's kind of the whole point of being here. If you are looking for that type of RP you could always just play as a bounty hunter. You'd be getting the same interaction between the person hiring you, the person you're getting information from, and obviously the person you are hunting. Instead of just taking them out though, you bring them in alive.

As an added bonus you could negotiate with the person you capture, and potentially betray the person who hired you.

Really though, I wouldn't just focus on ONE aspect of a character. A persons profession is just a part of who they are. Build your character into a piece of the world. You might find that becoming a bounty hunter comes naturally.

Edited by dawsonpark

Thank you guys for the Responses ?

If I would do a character like this it might would end up as a side Project only. I mean that would depend on the roleplay that happened. I never expect to have my character Always the same. For example my current character was once a Free medic, Living in pure pacifism and now being part of the saviors and Fighting in a war. Things changes and thats what I enjoy on the roleplay.

A simple mercenary is not what i want. that Kind of character is Pretty common at the Moment and my Goal is adding something to the Server that you don't see behind every Corner if you know what i mean ^^

Anyways it seems like there is no way around to make something like this possible and thats okay for me. Was just a simple thought and wanted to know if it is realistic to do.

Like SWAGRP said, its been done in the past but with the server rules its almost impossible to accomplish. I am sorry but i PERSONALLY believe its nothing new nor creative. As for making a Medic, you cant walk down the road for longer than 15 minutes and not run into a medic, DR, soldier, or mercenary.

The main problem with a contract killer was they couldn't avoid the RP and thats exactly what a contract killer is doing.

I remember when someone was trying to make that happen in the Matchmakers era, where a contract killer had been hired by a third party to kill someone. The killer went and talked ooc about it and then things were settled and the target agreed upon getting killed if even the killer managed to take them hostage.

However, if someone ever wants to be a straight up hired killed, and the target doesnt allow them to PK them, there really isnt anything the killer can do. It's a good idea, but I don't think it would work, just the like public executions = Pk thing that tried to happen recently 

I think @OxeN was the one that brought up that discussion, but I can't find it.

So yeah, that's that.

29 minutes ago, Oiram said:

I remember when someone was trying to make that happen in the Matchmakers era, where a contract killer had been hired by a third party to kill someone. The killer went and talked ooc about it and then things were settled and the target agreed upon getting killed if even the killer managed to take them hostage.

However, if someone ever wants to be a straight up hired killed, and the target doesnt allow them to PK them, there really isnt anything the killer can do. It's a good idea, but I don't think it would work, just the like public executions = Pk thing that tried to happen recently 

I think @OxeN was the one that brought up that discussion, but I can't find it.

So yeah, that's that.

Yes I agree. I just simply like the thoughts About bringing some fear into the game. You wouldn't be able to run around thinking you are good as Long as nobody get the Chance to initiate on you because someone just tries to PK you. It crosses a lot of rules unfortunately and so it will stay as a usual Dream About something like being able to fly. ? Will Keep thinking About more Fresh character ideas. Lets see what my next character will be ^^