Server time (UTC): 2020-01-26, 13:10 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Reinhard

IEDs

We had landmines in the game before but people would place them in populated areas to try and kill people without any RP.

There are no logs to see who placed the landmine so people who did it always get away with it

Edited by GMAK

Explosives have no logs as of today.

Honestly the IED would maybe add to RP if you were doing a rebel/terrorist but you can RP that much better without using IEDs and blowing shit up. 

As others have said, there were explosives in the game but no hitlogs.

I remember back when Outrun was at the school site behind Lopatino, and people just threw grenades in over the wall willy nilly to troll.

Until hit logs are in place for explosives, I'd like to see none of them in game.

Grenades, bear traps and land mines were huge issues in previous patches as there are no logs for them and they used to be very buggy and unpredicable and quite frankly - They might be useful and fitting for certain groups, but what RP does come from an explosion that most likely kills the target? I wouldnt mind smoke and flash grenades again, but IED's is a No from me.

Don't you think explosive are very risky, considering kos rights? Lets say you put IED to defend yourself, then die during the firefight. Your enemies leave, IED ramains. Some time later somebody uninvolved dies to it. 

Also as stated before, people were just activating mines they found and other community members were ending up seeing "You are dead" screen out of nowhere. If there will be logs for it, and somebody wants to take a risk of using mines then, be my guest.

Edited by DerrickStorm

-1 from me chief, I can see way to many innocent and uninvolved people dying from this.

Explosives, especially IED's, Landmines, trip-wires, etc., are indiscriminate killers. They don't care or check if you have kill-rights on the person they kill, meaning that someone completely uninvolved could accidentally stumble upon it and be killed by it. Landmines also used to not show up on logs, if that's still the case then it's and even bigger no from me.

Quite simply a no from me. I could give a plethora of reasons why, but this covers by far the most important: 

3 minutes ago, Banshee said:

Explosives, especially IED's, Landmines, trip-wires, etc., are indiscriminate killers. They don't care or check if you have kill-rights on the person they kill, meaning that completely uninvolved could accidentally stumble upon it and be killed by it. Landmines also used to not show up on logs, if that's still the case then it's and even bigger no from me.

It is still the case, unfortunately. 

I would be fine with a device like a mine that only causes effevts to the player like a stun mine. No major harm however, these could lead to good ambush situationa without inproper kill. 

Nah i'm pretty much convinced at this point it would be a terrible idea lmao

Great in theory, but humans just love to fuck other people's shit up for no good reason ?

Imagine getting blown up out of the blue, oh wait that is KOS. No fun for the receiving side getting blown up. No offense but this is a big no from me.

Edited by cheeks

A lot of stuff won't work in this community due to the ruleset - to me this is sometimes a shame, and sometimes good.

I just had a rough idea though. If such devices were "loggable" (not just by who placed it and died, but ideally location on map through coords, etc) I could see a regulated use in base defense or area denial for certain places that would be claimed by a group, in addition to assuming you could perhaps place "landmine signs" or other warning indicators to restrict movement or force it to some area, like a base entrance.

This would be the best compromise I can think of, assuming logging would be more advanced.

7347724688_17616e1ec1_b.jpg

24 minutes ago, Combine said:

A lot of stuff won't work in this community due to the ruleset - to me this is sometimes a shame, and sometimes good.

I just had a rough idea though. If such devices were "loggable" (not just by who placed it and died, but ideally location on map through coords, etc) I could see a regulated use in base defense or area denial for certain places that would be claimed by a group, in addition to assuming you could perhaps place "landmine signs" or other warning indicators to restrict movement or force it to some area, like a base entrance.

This would be the best compromise I can think of, assuming logging would be more advanced.

I definitely agree. I prefer the rules the way they are, and definitely woudn't change them to accomodate explosives. But if it were possible to keep track and log, I'd be more inclined to like them... However, DayZ is notoriously clunky and buggy, and I can almost guarantee even with warning signs and such people would get blown up because the sign didn't load, the texture bugged, the mine/signs were placed after they logged out... etc... etc...

As for logging explosives, it would require a complete rework of how DayZ treats them. Bullets don't exist until you pull the trigger, so the moment you pull the trigger its attached to your model. Explosives 'thrown' are their own separate entity, treated like a character in and of itself, and any damage they cause is treated as if they were a character inflicting shrapnel/explosives. 

I'm not intimately familiar with DayZ code, but I don't know if this is something Developers can fix, as its pretty integrated in the game mechanics.

I'd assume it was said already but this would end up exactly how many countries around the world are. Landmines everywhere waiting for an unsuspecting civilian/soldier to get blown away since they don't discriminate friend from foe to innocents.

Unfortunately this would only end in IED's being placed by wells in hotspots etc. Brings back memories of landmines in Kabanino. ?‍♂️

Id Plus 1 satchel charges being added back, not mines tho.

As long as I can rig em up to some lad's land rover, I'm all in.

IED's (Remote Activated would be nice tbh) + Landmines are a -1 from me until/if we get logs on who plants them, and who activates them to prevent random bullshit Mass KoS/RDM sprees.

+1 If we have the proper tools to counter trolling and crap involved with it. I think it would be kind of cool to be wary around garbage on the side of the road or old broken down cars. We are ICly bordering Takistan, so I don't see why this could be too far out of the picture. Only thing we need to establish with these if they ever do get added is if someone innocent is involved in a detonation, you'll still be held responsible for their death if they die with the people you have rights on, too.

Just like in real life, mines and IEDs kill more innocents than anything. There's no kill logs for them still and they most likely would be used for the memes, killing people in populated areas with no way of punishing the culprits. A big fat NO.

The Zelenogorsk walls... All the buildings... Covered in the blood of innocent. So many fallen, so needlessly. So many explosions. I will never recover.

Yeah, this will continue to be a massive issue until some serious reworks are done involving how to trigger it, how to log it and more. It's too much of a hassle and we all know people will abuse this to get away with mass RDM as they have many times in the past.

-1 Bombs usually cause unwanted casualties and have been abused since the first were added to the game. Thank goodness they don't exist on this server.

+1 ONLY if they have logs.

Forget about IEDs.

Let's talk about what we really need:

Spoiler

ROCKET ARTILLERY

1170545_rocketartillery.gif.9446a98e8403de4e1d6a0e2be71f2cfb.gif

On a serious note though, let's stick to grenades and RPG's when they eventually get (re-)added into the game. Maybe then they might actually have logs.

Edited by Ducky

@MoodyOG here we go again....

Im here for the beanz. Make em rain baby