Server time: 2019-04-25, 18:47
MrBowTie

This type of Role Play needs to stop.

Honestly, I have to agree with a lot of this.  I've seen people get kicked out of towns and whole areas for no reason as well as myself have been agressively pursued for no reason to later find out its someone saying "It was me" with no evidence or anyone to prove it. 

Myself and  good friend of mine @twig had a shop in Vybor a couple months into the lore wipe named the Quick-E-Mart and we were trading people all day everyday then a group bigger then ours came over and said (out of nowhere) that we eat people and we take peoples blood, therefor turning everyone on us with no RP or proof to back it up.

Overall I agree and I feel we need more story and back ground RP then just people wanting something so since they have numbers they take it.

Seems like another thread that could be a report for bad RP or feedback which would actually do something.

Don't sit and complain about these sort of things if you're not willing to attempt fixing them with the means already in place to do so, I'll link you to the report section and the groups area so you're able to do the appropriate things.

https://www.dayzrp.com/forums/forum/54-reports/?do=add

https://www.dayzrp.com/forums/forum/281-dayz-groups/

It honestly depends on who you roleplay with and or where you roleplay.

There are varying levels of roleplay within this community, and sometimes all it takes is to find the right group of people who feel the same as you. We see these threads often, and they're usually met with basic responses of "you don't know what you're talking about." I wouldn't really say you have no clue what you're talking about, but I would say that you haven't experienced different groups or wavelengths of roleplay.

9 minutes ago, Mexi said:

Seems like another thread that could be a report for bad RP or feedback which would actually do something.

Don't sit and complain about these sort of things if you're not willing to attempt fixing them with the means already in place to do so, I'll link you to the report section and the groups area so you're able to do the appropriate things.

https://www.dayzrp.com/forums/forum/54-reports/?do=add

https://www.dayzrp.com/forums/forum/281-dayz-groups/

This is on a bigger spectrum and please I know I'm a whitename, but I know where the group and report tabs are on this site.

Edited by MrBowTie

At this point, I feel ya. We have been attacked for 4 weeks straight over a rumor that came up iccly, for the most part we held our ground. But we wanted to create a good rp hub and accomplish something no one really has yet. But due to the influx of bandit type groups it became near impossible, the hardest thing I am struggling with is not going on a warpath. Trying to further RP, hell I'm considering pking my character right now. But all in all, if I were to go on said warpath, we'd just be like the people we despise iccly. RP is in a weird state right now, it'll even itself out eventually, just hang in there and keep providing good RP.

6 minutes ago, MrBowTie said:

This is on a bigger spectrum and please I know I'm a whitename, but I know where the group and report tabs are on this site.

Only suggestion for you to have a break from this would be look outside of the main hubs where this seems to regularly occur. There aren’t 100 people sat in those areas, why’d you think a fair few avoid these places? If you don’t like what’s taking place THERE then look in another town for what you want.

It just seems a lil dry. If you don't have a reason to initiate on someone, just make one up! How many times do people just roll up "Ayyy my friend wants that plate carrier haha give it to him please? :D"... "no"... "how DaRe yOu SaY nO! PUT YOUR HANDS UP" It's obviously gear oriented and should be against the rules, but for some reason it's not?

Let's say you do comply right? There's rarely good rp. The reason for it is completely fabricated or insignificant and makes the entire interaction lackluster. It's just "drop weapon, bag, vest, follow, who ya with? What ya doin? Why'd ya talk shit back to my boy who's been instigating a hostile response from you for the last ten minutes? Oh what that's crazy, you're free to go! Just run west, buh bye!"

Waiting for the arrival of the big lads that disagree with this. Time to get my popcorn, this is going to get good.

PS: I fully agree with you but nothing will ever happen about it. 

Some groups roleplay better than others. I make it my priority to find those groups, when I can, and see if we can have some fun together. Groups that I have multiple bad experiences with, I avoid, because its not worth my time getting upset over roleplay that I don't enjoy.

Its the same with bad areas. Typically I will avoid Kabanino because I don't like the roleplay I've experienced there since I started playing. Hostile RP I receive there is not as satisfying as somewhere like Novaya Petrovka, where I recently had an excellent hostile RP experience that I thoroughly enjoyed. Problem areas crop up all the time, you just have to avoid them.

In taking forum action though, I agree with @Mexi, the situation that happened to your friend, if as described, could potentially be a rulebreak. Perhaps he should look into remedying his issue through a report or discussion. Either way, I hope everybody ends up satisfied.

I have to agree to be honest RP standards have dropped massively since I was last here early to 2017 and prior. The roleplay you seem to be describing happens in the sadly most populated part of the map and people tend to deal with it because they don't want to run around for hours to find those hidden groups providing the best RP they could. The bandit RP/Hostile RP has become so stale and everyone is the same "Give me your loot or I take it from you because I have 15 people here and you are by yourself" Trust me I've seen it but I've also seen some great RP from the like of Free Territory and Kozlovská Rodina. 

Dude, reading this thread I realized, I am so bad at roleplay.

Ahahahahaha, I really need to improve my roleplay. Thanks for the shout out homes.

I hate that I have to agree with you.  I don't dislike hostile RP, I don't dislike being robbed, or any of that, but I constantly find myself avoiding major hubs because all they are nowadays are PVP battlegrounds.  The last time I was in a hub, I just had to sit in a room for almost an hour, but fortunately the guard assigned to watch us actually interacted with us.

I've strayed away from RP hubs because they aren't that any more, they're just for big groups of people to shoot each other over and over with no progress being made.  It's a damn shame as well, because I typically have great RP encounters while away from the north-west portion of the map, and it seems like everyone causing the north-west to be a warzone seems to think they're doing the best thing, they're in the right, and the other people need to change.

It's just making things stale, especially for lonewolves or small dynamics.  I don't think anything will change without either rule intervention or serious pride swallowing.  My one wish is that we keep it IG though, there's no reason to bring hostilities between characters onto the forums and make it between people.

I've met a lot of People since i joined dayZ RP. I've also talked to a lot OOC. And i can tell you one Thing: there are a lot of People who simply don't like to loot. Yes it takes time to get all your stuff together that you want. Yes it is frustrating if you lose all of it sometimes. So a lot of Players simply rob and take what they want to get their guns and armor faster. I am totally against this Kind of playing. It is simply egoistic and has Nothing to do with roleplay. I even see People who are close to starve to their death daily because they don't loot. they prefer to ask others to get some or also rob for that.
Once i met a guy asking me for Food while there was a cow Right next to us Ready to get slaughtered. I told him to get some Steaks and then he can cook it on my camp fire. He responded "nah that takes too Long." 
I know the time to Play is rare and everyone has to do stuff irl. But that is dayZ. You sometimes loot up one day and Play on the next one. 
sadly this will never Change in this game. everyone will Keep robbing for their gear to be Ready to Pv.. ehm I mean RP.
I was in a lot hostile situations since I Play in this community and never EVER robbed anyone for their gear. Yes it takes more effort but at least I provide good RP instead of dooming my Name as a stale robber.

@Mexi is right, and unfortunately unless you take what proof you have and report or hit group sections there's little you will ever actually achieve. Are staff to blindly be like "that guy is the problem" when they could very easily get confused with a different group based on their own opinion?

Take the correct action if you don't like it, @Roland has put in all the necessary areas for you to be able to seek the justice you want ? 

I said it before and I'll say it again, I know where the report section is despite the color of my name on these forums. The point of this thread was not to try and remove people from this community, but to finally say what everyone has been thinking silently. This is asking for an awakening and acknowledgement that this sort of stuff is going on. @Para

/shrug

Great RP breeds Great RP. If you want the RP overall quality to improve begin with yourself and report potential rulebreaks. There is no other way to fix it. You will be discouraged at times just as many before you and I have been discouraged. Just keep pushin' forwards.

If youre having issues with the way a particular group role plays then I suggest you take it directly to them and either send the leaders a PM explaining your concerns or leave said feedback, and even some friendly advice, on their group page.

Just now, MrBowTie said:

I said it before and I'll say it again, I know where the report section is despite the color of my name on these forums. The point of this thread was not to try and remove people from this community, but to finally say what everyone has been thinking silently. This is asking for an awakening and acknowledgement that this sort of stuff is going on. @Para

Your name colour has got nothing to do with it, 

Even if we're all "silently thinking it" people are gonna do what people wanna do. If it's invalid your only option is to try and weed it out as best you can with the correct procedure. Only seeking acknowledgment for what you feel is wrong isn't going to get y ou anywhere and is going to leave you disappointed as people will keep doing it. 

2 minutes ago, Zilly said:

If youre having issues with the way a particular group role plays then I suggest you take it directly to them and either send the leaders a PM explaining your concerns or leave said feedback, and even some friendly advice, on their group page.

This is a community wide issue. Its one of the reasons I rarely get in game anymore. 

I mean, honestly, I think the best thing to do right now is to just go to the group directly. I know if you went to my group's leaders and offered them constructive criticism, they would happily take it into account for future RP situations. If you feel like the RP you're recieving is truly unsatisfactory, then make a report. These threads are great for discussion, but they're not going to change the way people RP in game most of the time.

1 minute ago, Aeryes said:

This is a community wide issue. Its one of the reasons I rarely get in game anymore. 

Ive seen quite a lot of people voicing their concerns on the matter. Something does need to be done but its still good to directly give feedback to groups when  they are guilty of this sort of thing.

1 minute ago, Aeryes said:

Yes but if you don't bring it up directly to the group, preferably in a private setting, the post becomes a breeding ground for toxicity. 

I have a pretty good idea of the group/s you and OP are referencing, but if you don't bring the problem directly to them, how can you expect them to improve.

6 minutes ago, Aeryes said:

Its one of the reasons I rarely get in game anymore. 

Instead of letting the "issues" take over you could get ingame and be someone who tries to fix it. Good RP breeds Good RP Joffrey showed me that years ago. 

If everyone who doesn't like the RP that happens and quits then nothing will ever change, if you don't like someones RP and you think they could improve somewhere instead of lowkey flaming and posting unnecessary  things (like your first post on the thread) I know you like getting a reaction out of my friends but eh take others advise PM the leaders and give them feedback help them improve or at least see where they're lacking.