Server time: 2019-03-19, 04:41 WE ARE RECRUITING
BrianM

S1: NVFL East of Pogorevka 11/01/19

Server and location: East of Pogorevka (Field under Green Mountain)

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): Most accurate guess would be 23:25, I time stamped so logs will show.

Your in game name: Thomas Miller

Names of allies involved: @Watchman @yuthee @DaRsnn

Name of suspect/s: He said his name was Shawn White, he did force feed @yuthee before we got there. (again logs will show)

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): N/A 

Detailed description of the events: So basically me and @Watchman were at a meeting with a bunch of groups and we get a radio call from @yuthee saying this guy had told him he was a doctor and then force feed him a lot of different medicine. Fast forward 10 minutes and we then hear that the two people who did this started to run away as if they had done something wrong. So we chase them down for a while and finally find the suspect at Pogorevka, his friend who was there when the force feeding was going on had left him. So we have @Watchman approach the suspect to see if it was the culprit. The suspect then sees us hiding behind the Church and begins to run. Again we chase him down and finally drop an initiation. We get him with his hands up and make him bandage himself as he had been hurt by some infected. We have a little conversation while he's bandaging (not sure what we said, but the video evidence @Watchman provides will show). He then pulls a pistol from nowhere and points it to his head. Again can't remember what he said, all I can remember is telling him not to do it. And yes he obviously done it. 

After the meeting at Lopatino Castle we get information on our radio that something is happening in Kabanino, as we get closer we are told that theres someone running away from there whom we need to capture and question, we sprint after them and the sever shuts down several times and when the server finally comes back we continue to look for them, upon searching Pogorevka i stumble upon a guy and i talk to him, when he says he lost his female friend i immediately know its the guy, eventually he recognizes my friends and start running, i pretend not to know them for a short bit and eventually when the opportunity shows initiate on him "again" and he complies until he pulls out a pistol and shoots himself.

Edited by Watchman

Hit Logs

Spoiler

[2019/01/11 23:27:58]: (Shawn Price) hit by  (Orson Diddy) to RightLeg with Bullet_762x39
[2019/01/11 23:27:58]:  (Shawn Price) hit by  (Orson Diddy) to RightLeg with Bullet_762x39

Kill Logs

Spoiler

[2019/01/11 23:29:01]: 76561198125324085 (Shawn Price) killed by a(n) Survivor

Chat Logs

Spoiler

23:29:07 : Global: Thomas Miller: //timestamp

Connection Logs

Spoiler

23:22:04 :Thomas Miller connected
01:27:41 : Thomas Miller disconnected

23:21:19 : Jonah Hendrix connected
01:35:39 : Jonah Hendrix disconnected

23:21:08 :  Cade Stone connected
02:48:24 : Cade Stone disconnected

23:21:09 :  Orson Diddy connected
01:33:54 :  Orson Diddy disconnected

Calling in the following to post their PoVs along with the names of all allies and any video evidence they may have.

@Watchman (Jonah) - posted

@yuthee (Cade) - posted

@DaRsnn (Osrson) - posted

@MaxHarm (Shawn) - posted

Cade Stone's POV:

So the backstory of us chasing Mr Shawn White and our interactions that led to his unfortunate NVFL demise. Myself, @Phoenix and @DaRsnn meet 2 people held up in a green house in Kabanino with dead infected everywhere. We roleplay with them and learn that his is a doctor. In which Phoenix tells the man I have strep. I was sick and had the "SICK" icon but just got it running into Kabanino less than a few minutes earlier which I think was due to the cold temps from the rain/snow. He then proceeds to forcefeed my character a medicine without permission or telling me what it was. I RP it out to sustain immersion and tell them that I had just taken them under my tongue to spit out later. @Jean comes out of the house eventually and talks to us trying to defuse the situation as it begins to take a tense stance after the forcefeeding of me and with the odd behavior of this 'Doctor.' Phoenix talks to a man, whom I forget his name, who was text RPing. I do remember he was from Potius. As they RP, eventually Jean and Mr Shawn White Doctor Extraordinaire leave town. Phoenix learns that the man may have been infected and was trying to infect me as well. We give chase to the two as they leave. We chase until we can't see them anymore. Phoenix logs about this time since no hostile actions  have taken place. We regroup in the middle of a field with @Watchman and @BrianMnear GM as the server has issues. We enter into the town of Pogorevka and notice Mr Shawn White. Watchman and BrianM goes to speak to him as the rest of us go to get into VOIP range. I run to the far side to cut off any escapes he has. They initiate on him and I roll up onto the situation and turn on my recording as soon as he begins to put his gun to his head. They tel him not to shoot himself and put the gun down, he pulls the trigger and ends the RP.

https://puu.sh/CvkPf/79366109eb.flv

Sorry for the short recording but I turned it on as soon as I got into the situation and then bam.

Unfortunately I did not collect any video evidence of this event but here is my POV:

Myself, @Phoenix and @yuthee were strolling through Kabanino when we saw a house on the road surrounded by zombies, we decided to kill them and make contact with the people inside in order to tell them they were safe. We hear the voice of @MaxHarm inside thanking us and he comes down to greet us. He immediately mentions his 'doctor' status in which @Phoenix replies that @yuthee has strep (some kind of illness) and she wondered if he could take a look. He proceeds to walk up to @yuthee and begins force feeding him something which he has not disclosed to anyone else. This sparks the beginning of a hostile conversation between my character Orson Diddy and his character Shawn Price. During this time in Kabanino Shawn was raising his fists at me, acting strangely around the dead zombies and whispering to them, telling us to leave because it was 'his town', lying about who he was and being generally provocative. My character also overheard the text RP'er with a first name of Peytr talking to Shawn which ended with Shawn mentioning his possible infection. This then sparked belief that Shawn had attempted to give @yuthee some sort of contaminated consumable. The conversation ends and @Jean and @MaxHarm begin to leave. @Phoenix starts to run after them as @MaxHarm has not given a full explanation as to what he fed @yuthee and therefore myself and @yuthee start to run after them as well. This chase lasts up until Rogovo where we decide to stop chasing and head back, then the server goes down to a database error. Myself and @yuthee re-log after some time and meet up withj @Watchman and @BrianM who @Phoenix had radioed prior to the chase. @Watchman heads up to Pogorevka in front of us and finds a man matching the same description as the one we met in Kabanino, after myself and @yuthee and @BrianM continue to approach he up and bolts it away from us, @BrianM and myself initiate on him telling him to stop and @BrianM tells him he will be shot if he does not do so. After 5 seconds of @MaxHarm obviously not complying with the initiation I decide to aim for his leg in order to slow him down as we had spent ages chasing him previously and we did not have the stamina to continue the chase all the way to wherever he was heading, as you can see from the hit logs I was successful and he came to a sudden stop. @Watchman then re-initiates and he is told he can bandage himself, he does this and then proceeds to pull out a pistol and raise it to his head and the rest is fairly self explanatory.

Me and a girl named Natasha who I met an hour prior was located in Kabanino killing zombies as we were trapped and we saw 3 people killing them outside. We went downstairs friendly no guns raised and they asked if I could fix I think @yuthee‘s STREP through so I did with 20mg codiene pills which I proved to the group by dropping onto the ground showing only 2 were used. They then got very hostile with me because I was roleplauing as a mentally unsound doctor. I think tried making amends but some Australian sounding guy (don’t know his name) got extremely hostile threatening and name calling so we decided to run. We ran until the database crash and got separated because of the sever closing. I then found myself meeting @Watchman Pogorveka. This is when we started running but found out that he was actually with the group and I got shot somewhere on my body. I then proceeded to kill myself instead of them capturing me and most likely killing me knowing their very hostile ways.

2 hours ago, MaxHarm said:

-snip-

So the only reason you killed yourself was because you figured they would kill you anyway? Also did you permanently kill your character?

Was told I could post my POV as I was part of the first half of this and basically the reason why we chased them in the first place.

Myself, @yuthee and @DaRsnn were in kabanino when we heard voices form the double green so we check it out an clear the infected around.
The accused comes outside and states he's a doctor. My character has met many many people who claimed to be doctors so I wanted to see it first hand and asked him to check yuthee for strep because he was sick on and off ingame. The guy then runs over to yuthee and starts shoving codeine into his mouth randomly. I was instantly on edge and wanted to know what he had fed him and why. Because you don't just give someone random pills without checking first. He dropped some codeine and said that was what he fed him, but we didn't know for sure. IC'ly we thought it could've been anything at that point so we question him and I ask him how he knows if yuthee's got strep if he didn't check his throat. The accused replies with "I did check his throat" and I said that I didn't see that happen and yuthee was still wearing his bandana. It was super cringy and there were no emotes whatsoever to prove he did indeed check his throat.

It continues with the guy constantly getting super close to us and we get really fed up and tell him to back away. His rp altogether just seemed very childish and trollish a lot of times.

Eventually I decide that it'd be good if we just initiated and question him for his intentions etc. since he fed yuthee random pills and was being really mouthy to us.
We were waiting for @Watchman and @BrianM to return from their group meeting in lopatino and after I talked to them on the radio, the two just bolted. We chased them for a while to pogorevka. We were trying to get close to them to drop an initiation but they weren't in voice range at that point so we gave up and then I logged off because I had to go to bed.

4 hours ago, MaxHarm said:

I then proceeded to kill myself instead of them capturing me and most likely killing me knowing their very hostile ways.

Can I just ask why you decided to off yourself instead of just going with the RP they were gonna provide? You are on an rp server afterall and you are here to rp, are you not? Hostile RP is still RP and if anything you get a lot of good character development out of it and enjoyable roleplay, since our group focuses on trying to bring great rp to the servers.

You basically killed yourself in order to avoid being put through hostile rp. I mean... 
Also why would we kill you IC if we have absolutely no reason to kill you nor do we have execution rights or perma death rights. We would've just let you go at the end of the roleplay and you would've been able to further your character. You proved no value for your characters life.

Hey guys sorry for the late reply, was working all day.

Can I just ask why you decided to off yourself instead of just going with the RP they were gonna provide?

My character, Shawn Price, is very decremental and clearly stated on my character profile is suicidal. Shawn has just experienced a loss of a friend, been shot and was 'infected' so he decided to commit suicide to not only evade his aggresive antagonists but because he didn't want to live anymore. I can see why you believe i simply just killed myself just to combat log or something, but Shawn has experienced damaging scenarios and clearly was mentally unsound. I'm sorry if it appeared like this.

6 hours ago, Phoenix said:

You basically killed yourself in order to avoid being put through hostile rp

Stated above, Shawn was mentally unsound and clearly suicidal (stated on character profile). (see above)

11 hours ago, DaRsnn said:

Shawn had attempted to give @yuthee some sort of contaminated consumable.

This is completely false, I stated it was codeine before even giving it to him - I admit though, Shawn should have inspected first. I showed everyone the evidence, that I only gave him 2 pills but everyone dismissed this. They only knew I was infected after the fact I told Petry in private. 

8 hours ago, OskuRP said:

Also did you permanently kill your character?

I have now yes, like I said I was working all day.

lying about who he was and being generally provocative.

I did not lie about who I was at all, I never told you Shawn's backstory and simply stated Shawn was a doctor, which Shawn had learnt during his lifetime in the apocalypse. I was only provocative because I was being accused of poisoning someone, which I proved I didn't - how is @yuthee by the way?

During this time in Kabanino Shawn was raising his fists at me, acting strangely around the dead zombies and whispering to them

I clearly stated to you and the others to "look at the blood on my hands, this is from the boy who I saved". I even said I'm not raising my fists, I'm showing you - but this is 4 players against 1 situation. Do you have the footage of this encounter because I'd love to see it. Also, this just proves that my character was roleplaying accordingly and acting mentally unsound - as I said before.

19 hours ago, yuthee said:

Mr Shawn White Doctor Extraordinaire

Can you be more serious please, this a report.

You proved no value for your characters life.

Because he had no value left, as stated above about Shawn's mentality.

His rp altogether just seemed very childish and trollish a lot of times

I'm sorry if you find a mentally unstable, suicidal survivor who was hearing voices and talking to zombies - believing they're 'patients' - childish. This is Shawns personality, and it was no-where near trolling.

I believe this a large misunderstanding, aggressiveness out of hand and just generally poor RP from both sides - as there was little to none RP from the Australian one (forgot his name) who was just purely aggressive and argumentative. I am fairly new, but used to encounters. You can ask others about my characters Shawn White or Max Harm and will always get positive feedback. This is the first report against me, and will be my last. Personally, I believe this is slightly overboard knowing that my character was extremely mentally unsound shown in Kabanino and the last encounter.

I admit, I shouldn't have force-fed @yuthee, which I am sorry about, and my RP could have been better at some times. 

@MaxHarm either way you avoided the RP by offing yourself. You never knew if we were going to kill you so saying "most likely killing me knowing their very hostile ways." is not a valid reason for killing yourself, in-fact this could be NVFL and avoiding RP. Either way if your character had no value for life then it would be a rule break as stated in rule 3.2.

• 3.2 Your character must behave realistically and appropriately to the different situations you participate in, keeping the current world situation and context of post-apocalyptic world in mind. Do not act in a way that indicates no value for your characters life and survival. For example, attempting to kill people when heavily outnumbered, excessively talking back or insulting someone when taken hostage, or knowingly running into an area of active hostile engagement when not involved in the fight.

5 minutes ago, BrianM said:

@MaxHarm either way you avoided the RP by offing yourself. You never knew if we were going to kill you so saying "most likely killing me knowing their very hostile ways." is not a valid reason for killing yourself, in-fact this could be NVFL and avoiding RP. Either way if your character had no value for life then it would be a rule break as stated in rule 3.2.

• 3.2 Your character must behave realistically and appropriately to the different situations you participate in, keeping the current world situation and context of post-apocalyptic world in mind. Do not act in a way that indicates no value for your characters life and survival. For example, attempting to kill people when heavily outnumbered, excessively talking back or insulting someone when taken hostage, or knowingly running into an area of active hostile engagement when not involved in the fight.

I never avoided role-play, I always role-played along and I stopped to the group - instead of just running off and ignoring them. And I also role-played with Watchman at the start.

You avoided our hostile RP by offing yourself...

1 minute ago, BrianM said:

You avoided our hostile RP by offing yourself...

As I was mentally unsound and I thought you would kill me as you shot me with a mosin indicating you had foul intentions.

You know what I'm not replying anymore, I've stated what I thought was wrong with that situation, lets leave it to the Game Masters to come to a verdict.

28 minutes ago, MaxHarm said:

This is completely false, I stated it was codeine before even giving it to him - I admit though, Shawn should have inspected first. I showed everyone the evidence, that I only gave him 2 pills but everyone dismissed this. They only knew I was infected after the fact I told Petry in private. 

You forcefed me without asking. Doesn't matter what it was, you must ask permission.
For example
//permission to force feed you codeine?
And after that, it would still be up to me to give you explicit permission

12 hours ago, MaxHarm said:

I then proceeded to kill myself instead of them capturing me and most likely killing me knowing their very hostile ways.

Doesn't matter how suicidal your character is. You still need to abide by the rules of the server. There was RP to be had even if your character wanted to kill himself. You ended any potential for RP for all of us by immediately shooting yourself after bandaging... AFTER bandaging.

I am trying to understand the reasoning of your actions OOC, regardless of the state of your character IC.

@MaxHarm Let me make this clear. Even if your character has suidicial tendencies, you still need to roleplay that. Nobody is gonna get chased by 4 guys and then get a pistol out and instantly off themselves. It ruined every rp potential for us and yourself. You could've portrayed a helpless suicidal individual, attempting to commit suicide but not actually doing it, or maybe doing it after a few minutes of damn good roleplay. You didn't. You just shot yourself.

The mindset of some people in this community regarding hostile RP is what is the problem and it needs to be changed. Hostile RP is still RP and is part of a world where humanity is doomed and governments aren't a thing. People hunt, kill and torture eachother. That's how it is. 

That's why I disagreed to closing the report on the PM you sent us. I'm sorry, but to me this was just a blatant way for you to not have to go through hostile RP which we would've put our all into.

I'll leave it to the GM's now. I hope your mindset changes after your verdict.

Thank you all for your patience,

A team of staff members have reviewed this report and we have come to the following conclusion regarding it.

Summary |

Watchman is searching Pogorevka when he stumbles upon MaxHarm, who he quickly recognizes as the person they were looking for. MaxHarm eventually recognizes one of Watchman's friends and starts to run away. Watchman chases him, playing along and acting like he doesn't know his friends. As they are running BrianM initiates on MaxHarm, telling him to stop running and put his hands up. MaxHarm decides to keep running, but eventually slows down. Watchman get's behind him and initiates on him as well. Being surround by two people MaxHarm decides to comply and put his hands up. He's bleeding so they tell him to bandage his wounds, which he does. BrianM's friends show up and surround him, asking him to drop his weapons to make sure that he won't do anything. MaxHarm then pulls out a pistol and kills himself.

Addressing The Rule Breaks |

@MaxHarm, when you were captured by the OP and his friends you almost immediately pulled out a pistol and killed yourself. Not only did this immediately put an end to any RP that could've unfolded, but you also failed to value your character's life. You explain in your POV that you character is suicidal, but you can't just kill yourself because you thought that they were gonna kill you. You had no clue where the situation was going, for all you know they were only gonna ask you questions and let you go. You (literally) jumped the gun too quickly.

Due to this, you will be punished for BadRP.

In the future, try and value your character's life more, even if he is suicidal. If you want to kill your character, do it with some more RP. Build up a tense situation and maybe explain as to why you wanna kill yourself, instead of pulling a gun out, blasting your brains and leaving it at that.

Outcome |

@MaxHarm | BadRP | Guilty - 5 Day Ban, 10 Warning Points

Signed | @Banshee & @OskuRP