S2 Zelenogorsk 1/11/2019 5:58pm KoS

Server and location: S2 Zelenogrosk Military Camp

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 1/11/2019 5:58pm

Your in game name: Richard Watson

Names of allies involved: Unknown

Name of suspect/s: Unknown

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): NO

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): No

Detailed description of the events: I was having genuine conversation with a guy at the base and I was Just open fired by a 3rd individual and Died! The guy i was talking to was using a 3rd party chat software because i heard his friends talking when he was hot mic-ing! There were no hostile actions

Hello, please update the title of your report to include the server you were on, the location, and the time of the event. Failure to do so within 24 hours will result in the closing of this report. Also, are you sure you had no allies (teammates) in this situation?

Hello @Richards173, you are omitting some very interesting things from your POV. Allow me to elaborate:

2 hours ago, Richards173 said:

Detailed description of the events: I was having genuine conversation with a guy at the base and I was Just open fired by a 3rd individual and Died! The guy i was talking to was using a 3rd party chat software because i heard his friends talking when he was hot mic-ing! There were no hostile actions

2 hours ago, Richards173 said:

Names of allies involved: Unknown

I die during the firefight at Novaya and spawn down near Zelen. I head to the military base and switch servers to play with @TIMELAPSE and @Rutkiy (who was not involved). As I log in, there is a man in front of me. We play it off, and he gives me a backpack, for which I thank him. I run into another barracks and find an AKM. This is where the fun starts. He remarks as I run past "Oh shit! where did you find the AK?" obviously interested in it. I decide to GTFO. 

He follows me into the jail building, though, and says "Hey, man, I'm really sorry, but put your fucking hands up." 

My response: "Look, man, if you had wanted the AK, all you had to do was ask."

He apologizes and and even gives me his MP5 with a magazine. A gun with which I have ammo for. I run off, and tell Timelapse what this guy has done, and decide to camp the building. As I wait for Timelapse to run from Pavlovo, I keep a watchful eye on the man, who stays in the jail building before looting trainyards. @TIMELAPSE runs to him, and distracts him. I, in turn, flank from the right and prepare to gun him down. Timelapse initiates, I open fire (using my kill rights) and we/I kill the man. 

We take back the AKM and go about our merry business. 

After this, @deserteagles72 comes and talks with myself and Timelapse as we are in Zelen. It becomes clear that he was allied to the man who robbed me so I drop an initiation, hoping to catch him off guard; alas, he's a sly little fox, and nearly kills both myself and Timelapse before getting TF out. We laugh about it in Discord (I haven't seen him since the Commune days, so we catch up) and even go so far as to do a trade before Timelapse and I head out to meet Rutkiy on S1. 

I would be more than happy to talk this out with the OP in Discord if he wants, as I don't want to see him get banned. Him dying was enough punishment for his actions, IMO.

Added below is a snippet of the conversation @deserteagles72 and myself had in Discord after.

also 800th post w00t

Spoiler

image.png.c42ba7c302a1079838f46ae7e16a22b4.png

image.png.09c5a50c7d209b0b46b53374d5dd3a48.png

image.png.559958532ae2adb04f763d14258553f0.png

image.png.6d350ad7d064afeb18a1d7bed6c15913.png

The rest we just talk about Commune and then UN and my group and the upcoming events. I can post it but its not really relevant. 

Edited by Sylva
grammar+discord convo

So I was running to zeleno to meet up with @Sylva as I was about to get there I heard over comms that he had been robbed of his AK he just found. He said the man was in the train yard near the Officer barracks I run up there as soon as I find him while Sylva is flanking around we made sure it was the guy for sure that had just robbed my friend and to which he said it was so Sylva shot him from the sides and I still waited and told him to put his hands up when he tried aiming his gun at me I used my defense rights from both the initiation and from Sylva getting robbed as well to which he didn't get far after that,we ended up getting the AK back and were about to leave when @deserteagles72 shows up saying that was his friends AK after that we try and initiate on him too because of his involvement but he was very sneaky and fast and shot us after we patched up we worked out a deal were we gave him the AK in trade for backpack given the fact this whole time he knew what his friend had done. Which were going to look past, I don't want to see the opposed persons getting banned either I just want him to realize that if he robs someone then we have gained defense rights from the action he took. I'm more than willing to go to discord to talk to the opposed party and clarify anything else that needs to be said.

Hello. I am his ally in this little quarrel. Understandably I'm not incredibly involved but I did want to reinforce what was said from both parties.

First, I by no circumstance want my man banned for this as it was a lapse in judgement at the time. He seems to not fully understand defense rights and I tried to tell him that right after my encounter with @Sylva and @TIMELAPSE. I thought that my words that he could get banned for this would be enough but it seems not.

My POV on the situation: I was at the summer camp south-west of myshkino military when my friend gets a nice spawn after a very funny death near Zeleno. He tells me about a mosin and some ammo and I proceed to loot until I hear him hold someone up for their ak from @Sylva. Keep in mind he was not using push to talk at all, and I could hear every word. Hearing that he got the ak and was on his merry way I calmed down a bit. After about 2 minutes he was talking to the other party who I presume to be @TIMELAPSE. They exchange some words and then silence, he said he was KOS'd. I bolt over to Zeleno to initiate on the opposing party and get his gear and meet both the men. Hearing some old friends probably made me freak out and we talked before I referenced my friend with the ak. Timelapse had his gun out and Sylva had his holstered. He told me to put my hands up but before they could fire on me or anything I spray them down and run off into the trainyard. The conversation that followed was one that I will not forget.

We exchanged a trade because me and my excellent aim ruined his backpack so I decided to give him mine because I have enough to make ends meet. I'm going to post the video of his death below because its hilarious and I think that it is technically evidence.

Props to @BreadERP for the video 

Hit logs:

[2019/01/12 01:00:20]: (Richard Watson) hit by (Slawoj Szechenyi) to RightArm with Bullet_9x19
[2019/01/12 01:00:20]: (Richard Watson) hit by (Slawoj Szechenyi) to Torso with Bullet_9x19
[2019/01/12 01:00:20]: (Richard Watson) hit by (Slawoj Szechenyi) to Torso with Bullet_9x19
[2019/01/12 01:00:21]: (Richard Watson) hit by (Slawoj Szechenyi) to Head with Bullet_9x19
[2019/01/12 01:00:25]: (Richard Watson) hit by (Alexj Szecheny) to Torso with Bullet_9x19
[2019/01/12 01:00:25]: (Richard Watson) hit by (Alexj Szecheny) to Torso with Bullet_9x19
[2019/01/12 01:08:05]: (Slawoj Szechenyi) hit by (Quinn Douglass) to LeftArm with Bullet_762x39
[2019/01/12 01:08:05]: (Slawoj Szechenyi) hit by (Quinn Douglass) to LeftArm with Bullet_762x39
[2019/01/12 01:08:05]: (Slawoj Szechenyi) hit by (Quinn Douglass) to Torso with Bullet_762x39
[2019/01/12 01:08:06]: (Alexj Szecheny) hit by (Quinn Douglass) to LeftArm with Bullet_762x39
[2019/01/12 01:08:07]: (Alexj Szecheny) hit by (Quinn Douglass) to RightArm with Bullet_762x39
[2019/01/12 01:08:07]: (Alexj Szecheny) hit by (Quinn Douglass) to Torso with Bullet_762x39 

Kill logs:

[2019/01/12 01:00:25]: (Richard Watson) killed by (Alexj Szecheny) 

Chat logs:

N/A 

Connection logs:

00:39:46 : Richard Watson connected
01:15:01 : Richard Watson disconnected
01:23:13 : Slawoj Szechenyi disconnected
01:23:51 : Slawoj Szechenyi connected
01:24:44 : Slawoj Szechenyi disconnected
00:33:19 : Quinn Douglass connected
01:48:46 : Quinn Douglass disconnected
00:58:39 : Alexj Szecheny connected
01:23:18 : Alexj Szecheny disconnected

Calling in the following people to post their full POVs, any allies they may have had and any evidence they have of the situation:

@Richards173(Richard Watson) -posted

@deserteagles72 (Quinn douglass) -posted

Accused:

@Sylva(Slawoj Szechenyi) -posted

@TIMELAPSE(Alexj Szecheny) -posted

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@deserteagles72 i'm assuming you did indeed give them permission to log out even though it isn't 100% clear what you are replying to with the "Alright man, I trust ya" in the screenshots

I'll Pull this report! the encounter i had with the guy didn't seem like he was with anyone! Thats fair and its not KoS it was defensive rights!

@Richards173 are you asking for the report to be closed?

@Sylva are you okay with this too?

Yeah, im alright with it. 

You are new to the community and I can understand the rules around kill rights can be difficult to grasp. That being said I hope that your future POV’s aren’t as minced as this one was.

Edited by Sylva

A team of staff have reviewed this report and have agreed to close it

Before we close this, we would like the OP to please take a look at the rules regarding kill rights here: 

• 4.2 If you are attacked by other players and subjected to a hostile action you are allowed to defend yourself by gaining  DEFENSE RIGHTS on the attackers. Defense rights allow you to kill other players for 2 hours or until your character dies. Defense rights can be shared with everyone that you recently role played with as well as all your group members, if you are a part of an approved group.
  • 4.3 If you are attacking other players and subjected to a hostile action you are allowed to defend yourself by gaining  KILL RIGHTS on the defenders. Kill rights allow you to kill other players for 1 hour or until your character dies. Kill rights can be only be shared with your approved group members. If you are not a part of an approved group, kill rights can not be shared and only apply for your character.

To avoid any possible confusion for next time. As we have come to the conclusion, there is no rule breaks here and every hit/kill is valid. The Accused had defensive kill rights, so they decided to use them. This is completely acceptable and allowed. 

//closed

signed by @Descendants, @Banshee and @Semiazas