S1: Invalid Kill

Server and location: S1 Novaya Petrovka

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 7:38 1/11/2019

Your in game name: John Christofi

Names of allies involved: None

Name of suspect/s: Not Sure, Big group of people leaving the town

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): None

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): No

Detailed description of the events: I logged in on the top floor of the apartment buildings as i always log out there and when i went to go leave the room the outer door was locked and i did not have a lock-pick so i could not leave. After about 10 minutes of going through different radio frequencies with no response, i decided to shoot my gun in the air hoping someone would be curious enough to come check out what was going on, thats when i saw the group of people running up the road so i started to wave my arms in the air to show i needed help, thats when i took a bullet to the chest and went and bandaged up behind the wall, even after that i thought it was just a misunderstanding so i went and put my hands up and walked to the window so they know i meant no harm and thats when one of them shot me again killing me. 

Edited by MrP4nda

Hit Logs

Spoiler

[2019/01/12 00:37:29]:  (John Christofi) hit by (Artyom) to Torso with Bullet_762x39
[2019/01/12 00:38:09]:  (John Christofi) hit by  (Patrick Callahan) to Torso with Bullet_762x39
[2019/01/12 00:38:10]:  (John Christofi) hit by  (Mike Wayne) to Torso with Bullet_762x54

Kill Logs

Spoiler

[2019/01/12 00:38:10]: (John Christofi) killed by (Mike Wayne)

Connection Logs

Spoiler
23:20:57 : Artyom connected
-still ig-
23:13:14 : Patrick Callahan connected
-still ig-
23:23:27 : Mike Wayne connected
-still ig-

Calling in @mathsw(Artyom), @SquidProQuo(Patrick), and @sehestedtxd (Mike) to post their PoVs, along with the names of any other allies and any video evidence you may have.

After the firefight at Novaya, the Green Dragons and District decided to pull out. On our way out of town, we took a mosin shot from an apartment building and fired back to kill the guy. Due to the multiple initiations on the saviors/ all civilians in town we figured it must have been a sniper/ combatant in the fight.

@MrP4nda We did not realize that you had only just logged in and were not a part of the fight. I apologize for shooting you, if you would like to talk about this feel free to PM me!

POV: We were pulling out of novaya after a firefight with the saviours. As we got down the road by the apartments, i was told we were being shot at, i then located MrP4nda and shot him.

As SquidProQuo said, i didnt know you had just logged in either, im very sorry for shooting you..

Allies: District & Green Dragons

After the big firefight, we were running north away from Novaya. We are at the height of the train station and someone fires at us, at least that is what we think. Someone over voice said to take cover, someone is shooting at us. 

I turn around and someone spots the man in the apartment, so I took a shot at him and he disappeared. I turn around at this point deciding it's maybe better to leave, and then a couple of seconds later I hear shots and someone saying that the man who shot at us is dead.

From my point of view, I thought we were being attacked as we were retreating by the saviours.

Best regards,

mathsw

just quick question then, if you saw me waving my arms what was the point of shooting me when I pose no threat and am clearly trying to signal you

@MrP4nda I think I mentioned this to you in our PM convo, but I couldn’t tell you were waving your arms. I was looking at the building through a window in a tin building with bad visibility and only saw movement. 

@MrP4nda I did not see you waving your arms when I shot you. 

I saw a man in the window, with a Mosin. 

As for more specific information on that building in relation to the fight:

As we were initiating, we had also found Saviour fighters in that specific apartment building, top floor and on roof. These fighters were taken care of by men with red armbands, I do not know their group's name. I do not know what happened around that area until we were retreating, and we thought we were getting shot at by you.

To me, it seems like a big misunderstanding between us. 

Understandable i guess, everyone was on edge, im over it at this point. This can be closed.

@mathsw, @SquidProQuo, and @sehestedtxd are you guys okay with this being closed?

The staff team have reviewed this report and have agreed to close it

Before we close this, we would like to address some things. It seems that in this situation, the three accused ( @sehestedtxd, @SquidProQuo, and @mathsw) miss IDed @MrP4nda as a hostile. They believed that they took a shot from him, but they in fact did not. Due to the fact that MrP4nda was not involved, the kill, and attempted kills, would not be valid. Had this report gone through, it is quite possible that @SquidProQuo and @mathsw could have been punished for attempted Kill On Sight, due to the fact that they wounded @MrP4nda. Included in that @sehestedtxd could have been punished for Invalid Kill - On Sight. In the future, we ask that you three ID your targets properly before attempting to kill them. It is your responsibility to make sure that you have kill rights, and we hope that you attempt to confirm your targets better in the future. 

//closed

signed by @Banshee and @Descendants