Server time (UTC): 2020-01-19, 11:49 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Alex

Chiemsee Map

Map?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Alex said:

I like this, and I would absolutely love for an S2 that has this map (with adjustments) and some basic lore like this in place.

Or space aids in a new timeline fr

Namalsk is better, but we don't have Namalsk. Yet. When we do, yeah let's play that for sure cause it's been completely redone by the original creator and will have game mechanics baked into it cause the original creator is now working for Bohemia. 

But for now, this map with some tweaks might be a great second server option.

Also yes please on the space aids

Yep.

Either way we can connect whatever other map we get to the main story and Chernarus and have it work well and give people a break. IMO we could probably keep an alternate server fairly active at this point.

Down for a new map but I think if it’s gonna happen then cherno needs to be taken offline, so then this new map is populated.

Cherno is getting stale and boring at this point, let’s add some Nando’s hot sauce to the chicken 

7 hours ago, Alex said:

So update: I played the map with @Wumbyyy and so far the map seems good, it's got full tree cover, terrain, coast, etc. There's only about 3-4 medium-large towns and not sure what else in between, only 4 spawn points by the looks. It seems a little unfinished at it's current state, despite how nice the existing areas are. All the major main roads seem to exist but lots of blank fields where smaller towns are probably supposed to go.

So yeet to that idea unfortunately, maybe in month or two if Namalsk hasn't come out sooner.

EDIT: I found the crater. Holy fuck. I take that back can we still have this on S2 as an alternate nuclear blast/meteor related lore? 

EDIT 2: This crater was definitely supposed to be recent:

A96A69061C02CB925C3C0FDEF37FD8A8AD35A404

8E54FEA0BABA671DF7D07D9ACEF4CAAA19268CD6

Oh my god

85654E7AAAD21C271FAFEDC3BC89BBEF5333494E

This reminds me of the Tunguska Event. Might be the inspiration for it.

I'm all for a new map. This seems to still be a work in progress but I am willing to deal with it for a change of scenery. Chernarus+ has had its time.

Looks awasome 

If the map is well done, yes, I would be up for a change.

We've been playing on Chernarus for ages. This would give us something new. If it could be combined with our lore somehow, that would be great. It would be a mix of new and old.

7 hours ago, Major said:

*hears peeps talking about Lore*

One cool thing we could do instead of having it set in Germany

Let me stop you right there, enough of eastern europa lets go to good ole germany!

Or push it into russia.. what ever

I'm going to be a bit of a killjoy here, but no, I don't think we should use this.

I think I can recall several instances where new maps have been implemented without much popularity over time. Chernarus is familiar, established and understood by most if not all players in the community, I think the only instance in which I would agree this would be an improvement is if there was a performance increase. New maps are just so variable in terms of their use, and unless the community is willing to leave Chernarus behind entirely, having people split between two maps just isn't a good thing. That being said the map looks great and has a great atmosphere, one more suited to an apocalypse than the relatively lush green hills of Chernarus, but its effectiveness for our community and with a server at a peak of 100 players remains to be seen.

Perhaps host an upcoming mini event on it to stress test this before any decisions are made? Food for thought. 

Edited by Baron

+1 to space aids and this map on S2

I'd love for a map change, it would bring new things to do and explore, but I thinks some condition should be met.

• The map should be complete and playable. No W.I.P. map with empty spaces, placeholders or lengthy expanses of land with nothing on them.
  • The map needs to be at least 12km x 12km, 144km². Chernarus+ is 15km x 15km, 225km² in comparison.
  • The map needs to be lore friendly and similar in scope as Chernarus+. We don't want a crashed spaceship on the map.
  • A majority of the community and staff should agree to migrate to the new map. Without players, there's no point really.

21 minutes ago, Galland said:

Let me stop you right there, enough of eastern europa lets go to good ole germany!

Or push it into russia.. what ever

I agree. I’m frankly tired of Eastern Europe. Shits boring. 

This map looks rad, I'd love to have it on S2, but in all honesty I'm not a fan of a lore wipe.

The only down side is that if there isn't enough interest, then eventually nobody would play it on S2. On the other hand just having it available for awhile would be fun!

On 1/11/2019 at 11:47 PM, Roland said:

Make it happen

On 1/12/2019 at 5:38 AM, dawsonpark said:

This map looks rad, I'd love to have it on S2, but in all honesty I'm not a fan of a lore wipe.

The only down side is that if there isn't enough interest, then eventually nobody would play it on S2. On the other hand just having it available for awhile would be fun!

Like anything on this server it's the whole hog or it fails, but honestly I'd love to see this set up on S2 just to have a go at it in a wild ass alternate storyline with space aids and The Road style depressing and turbulent themes.

Edited by Alex

On 1/11/2019 at 8:47 AM, Roland said:

After playing the map and getting all the different spawns to explore, it really is cool. The amount of zombies would almost make it a hardcore map for DayZRP. I don't think it would take much to have it on S2. (Permission to use it and such). I don't think a new lore would be needed seeing how the architecture and such is all the same. 

+1 billion billion