Server time (UTC): 2019-11-22, 14:06 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Alex

Chiemsee Map

Map?  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Saw this map while on the workshop, and honestly it looks pretty detailed compared to most other attempts. What would people's thoughts be for a change to something like this (perhaps on a separate server if people don't want to have to wipe or sumn)?

Also it's 10km x 10km compared to our current 15km x 15km, so not too small but also smaller so interactions would increase.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1580589252

8CFA3AEFF2B7EFDD642B98A1DA0E0DCCF844FE6B

0A12284C17C1FEC9CA420B6E9BEE85C9E1193D85

E38E8292EFEE18449A4352B0ADC5054B5B313747

D6B9CB512B025BD05F588087AC978390B3E30A15

CBE10ABAA8382A4A2BB39B5ECD7D864C88750924

Edited by Alex

This actually looks great, looks like a real apocalypse. I know there is a no workshop saying though this really should be considered ?

Edited by tosstheball

1 minute ago, tosstheball said:

This actually looks great, looks like a real apocalypse. I know there is a no workshop saying though this really should be considered ?

Yeah I know third party mods are a no, but we're currently using a third party map (even though it's a retexture), so a third party map like this should be fine if people are willing.

I feel like the addition of this map would need a lorewipe to go with it. 

That big ass meteor would give some decent lore with the right minds.

+1

Just now, Mexi said:

I feel like the addition of this map would need a lorewipe to go with it. 

That big ass meteor would give some decent lore with the right minds.

+1

Its based on real terrain so that's probably just a real crater wherever the map would be set. Though some crazy apocalypse based lore around that would be a wild change of pace.

I would love to see this. Maybe its a good idea to let @Roland @Aeryes and @JimRP fly around the map to see if this map is good enough ?

1 minute ago, Alex said:

Its based on real terrain so that's probably just a real crater wherever the map would be set. Though some crazy apocalypse based lore around that would be a wild change of pace.

I mean, maybe the devs could add some buildings around it that're fucked and say a bomb or some shit went off. 

Finally the chance for a lore event?

Yes I would enjoy this. Plus one to a smaller map as well. 

Yes, maybe tag Rolle for visibility. Maybe put it on s2 for testing untill theres a lore and we make sure it works.

Also, would +500 to have the lore be a crazy space virus

Edited by Leon_Idas

Just now, Leon_Idas said:

Yes, gonna tag @Roland for visibility. Maybe put it on s2 for testing untill theres a lore and we make sure it works.

I'd like this to happen first before we do a lore wipe, make sure the map is fun, detailed enough, etc. The lore prospects excite me though, given that it's way easier to explain being in Germany than a backwater post-soviet state barely as big as luxembourg.

Ooh looks dope I agree

13 minutes ago, Alex said:

I'd like this to happen first before we do a lore wipe, make sure the map is fun, detailed enough, etc. The lore prospects excite me though, given that it's way easier to explain being in Germany than a backwater post-soviet state barely as big as luxembourg.

While it's easier to explain, Chernarus already holds lore from the likes of Arma 2 which makes bolstering a large character variety easier. Russians etc.

Though, Germany is in Europe and could be a good change of pace lore wise. +1 to that idea also.

26 minutes ago, Leon_Idas said:

Yes, maybe tag Rolle for visibility. Maybe put it on s2 for testing untill theres a lore and we make sure it works.

Also, would +500 to have the lore be a crazy space virus

another +500 for space virus

Edited by Gizch

So update: I played the map with @Wumbyyy and so far the map seems good, it's got full tree cover, terrain, coast, etc. There's only about 3-4 medium-large towns and not sure what else in between, only 4 spawn points by the looks. It seems a little unfinished at it's current state, despite how nice the existing areas are. All the major main roads seem to exist but lots of blank fields where smaller towns are probably supposed to go.

So yeet to that idea unfortunately, maybe in month or two if Namalsk hasn't come out sooner.

EDIT: I found the crater. Holy fuck. I take that back can we still have this on S2 as an alternate nuclear blast/meteor related lore? 

EDIT 2: This crater was definitely supposed to be recent:

A96A69061C02CB925C3C0FDEF37FD8A8AD35A404

8E54FEA0BABA671DF7D07D9ACEF4CAAA19268CD6

Oh my god

85654E7AAAD21C271FAFEDC3BC89BBEF5333494E

Edited by Alex

B95AE62C647289B0B2997BE33302189F7D77EC32

1DC0B47EF40D74AB5F8592E3B819AD67FA841FA6

9ECB164C8DA0855E2B2D53B5211330342E88A681

A85236A1A8E98C4A5390C3A666FA92471F420BFD

So much yes.

Does it look dope as hell? Oh ya

Will it happen? Hell no

6 minutes ago, CaliforniaRP said:

Does it look dope as hell? Oh ya

Will it happen? Hell no

Why the negativity? Im downloading the map Right now, and if the problem exists like alex said, I can easily add some towns and military bases to it for the time being

The possible lore with that crater. I'm living for it. 

3 minutes ago, Leon_Idas said:

Why the negativity? Im downloading the map Right now, and if the problem exists like alex said, I can easily add some towns and military bases to it for the time being

Oooh. Honestly it's a really nice map but it feels about 60% finished

*hears peeps talking about Lore*

One cool thing we could do instead of having it set in Germany (which appears to be the origin of this map) is put this area north of Svetloyarsk inside Russia but on the coast. Maybe an area the Russian govt lost control of but might be trying to reclaim, hence the crater might be nuke related or something more sinister.

Lots of possibilities with this, not only for a fresh map but also to connect our Lore with whatever we say this place is. 

2 minutes ago, Major said:

One cool thing we could do instead of having it set in Germany (which appears to be the origin of this map) is put this area north of Svetloyarsk inside Russia but on the coast. Maybe an area the Russian govt lost control of but might be trying to reclaim, hence the crater might be nuke related or something more sinister.

Lots of possibilities with this, not only for a fresh map but also to connect our Lore with whatever we say this place is. 

>new lore

>meteor lands in crator

>scientest go to discover wtf it is

>scientist gets some sort of disease

>patient fucking zero

ladies and gentleman, cannon lore; the infection is space aids

20 minutes ago, Leon_Idas said:

how many of these threads do u see actually go anywhere lol

imo namalsk is better

Edited by CaliforniaRP

19 minutes ago, CaliforniaRP said:

how many of these threads do u see actually go anywhere lol

imo namalsk is better

We got the winter map, so its a good chance.

And is namalsk out?

29 minutes ago, Major said:

I like this, and I would absolutely love for an S2 that has this map (with adjustments) and some basic lore like this in place.

Or space aids in a new timeline fr

26 minutes ago, CaliforniaRP said:

>new lore

>meteor lands in crator

>scientest go to discover wtf it is

>scientist gets some sort of disease

>patient fucking zero

ladies and gentleman, cannon lore; the infection is space aids

imo namalsk is better

Namalsk is better, but we don't have Namalsk. Yet. When we do, yeah let's play that for sure cause it's been completely redone by the original creator and will have game mechanics baked into it cause the original creator is now working for Bohemia. 

But for now, this map with some tweaks might be a great second server option.

Also yes please on the space aids