Server time: 2019-05-23, 15:56
Sign in to follow this  
jason hunter

S1. BadRP, 5 Second Robbery, West of Zelenogorsk

Posted (edited)

Server and location: S1, Zelenogorsk https://dayz.ginfo.gg/#c=-54;-140;7

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME):  around 21:30, Jan 8 2019

Your in game name: Patrik Carda

Names of allies involved: @Spartan (Spartak Koslov)

Name of suspect/s: No idea, Logs on @Spartan will say

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any):  no

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot):    Shadowplay recording (There was an issue with the sound, i've been trying to fix that for a while but to no avail, sorry about that)

Detailed description of the events:  My and my group were looting around. I went towards the location provided above on my own. While looting one of the sheds there and exiting it, i heard a man behind the shed tell me to stop moving and drop my weapons, wich i did with no delay. After that was done, he revealed himself from his hiding spot, took the weapons i dropped and told me to go away. I tried stalling him a bit in order to make him RP with me a little more, after wich he pointed a gun at me telling me to go wherever, The video will explain for itself. 

After he left, i decided to tell my groupmates that the suspect ran off towards the west. @Spartan Started the pursuit and found him a little later, they initiated combat wich lead to @Spartan dying and him escaping.

Edited by jason hunter

Spraytan here:

Jason double mics him dropping his weapon so I make my way to his last known position. I arrive way too late and start scouting the area. I find the guy that matches the description Jason gave me so I stalk him, trying to get my friends to close in so we can take him hostage. But I carry alot of unnecessary crap so I got the stamina of an overweight regular by the Burger King in his 50's. He started to gain ground on me so I tried to shoot him with my SVD (using my kill rights on him). I hit him once and then miss every single bullet like the great PVPer I am. He hits me twice from across a field with a shotgun and I die.

TL:DR: didn't see the robbery, just died due to my awesome pvp skills

Connection Logs

21:11:03 : Player #79 Z Golden connected
22:06:54 : Player #79 Z Golden disconnected

Hit Logs

[2019/01/08 21:53:06]:  (Z Golden) hit by  (Spartak Kozlov) to LeftFoot with Bullet_762x54
[2019/01/08 21:54:15]:  (Z Golden) hit by  (Spartak Kozlov) to RightLeg with Bullet_762x54
[2019/01/08 21:54:15]:  (Z Golden) hit by  (Spartak Kozlov) to RightLeg with Bullet_762x54
[2019/01/08 21:54:15]:  (Z Golden) hit by  (Spartak Kozlov) to LeftLeg with Bullet_762x54

[2019/01/08 21:54:22]:  (Spartak Kozlov) hit by  (Z Golden) to Torso with Bullet_12GaugePellets
[2019/01/08 21:54:22]:  (Spartak Kozlov) hit by  (Z Golden) to Torso with Bullet_12GaugePellets
[2019/01/08 21:54:27]:  (Spartak Kozlov) hit by  (Z Golden) to LeftLeg with Bullet_12GaugePellets
[2019/01/08 21:54:27]:  (Spartak Kozlov) hit by  (Z Golden) to Torso with Bullet_12GaugePellets

Kill Logs

[2019/01/08 21:54:27]:  (Spartak Kozlov) killed by  (Z Golden)

Chat Logs

N / A

Calling In
Please provide your full & detailed point of view. Also list any allies relevant to this situation & provide any evidence you may have.

Reporting Party
@jason hunter - Patrik Carda | POSTED
@Spartan - Spartak Kozlov | POSTED

Accused 
@ZGolden - Z Golden | 

@ZGolden - Would you kindly please explain why you logged off 18 minutes before your 30-minute combat timer expired?

Z Golden will also be temporarily banned due to forum inactivity.

Im sorry i didn't seem to know about the 30 min timer atfer combat.  i didnt think there was a problem with my role play..  and i logged off because my daughter started to cry.  i have a 7 month old right now and she kinda decides when i have to stop playing.  Wasnt expecting to get shot at, but he was in the right to shoot at me there is no problem there.  But other than the 30min timer i dont understand why they are reporting me.

2 hours ago, ZGolden said:

Im sorry i didn't seem to know about the 30 min timer atfer combat.  i didnt think there was a problem with my role play..  and i logged off because my daughter started to cry.  i have a 7 month old right now and she kinda decides when i have to stop playing.  Wasnt expecting to get shot at, but he was in the right to shoot at me there is no problem there.  But other than the 30min timer i dont understand why they are reporting me.

Hey there, Ace sniper Spraytan here.

My friend, @jason hunter, has made this report because of the short & badRP during the robbery. The kill on me was totally fine, you had every right to put me out of my misery. It would be great if you can post your point of view of the situation. 

2 hours ago, ZGolden said:

Please provide your full and detailed PoV of the situation, not just a few sentences in response to the accusations. Thank you.

so i was running in the snow..  it felt like days had gone by without food.  always running from zombies and no way to protect myself.  Oh snap a guy with guns is coming my way! do i run? do i risk getting robbed myself? well its too late he is right in front of me! so i yell!!!  DROP YOUR GUNS!!! he stopped dead in his tracks.... without and questions asked or anyone hassle at all he drops his guns and steps away.  I come around my building now feeling safe to pick up his guns. I hear a zombie moan and here they come.  along with the zombies coming i had the feeling we were not alone.  now with having the guns in my hands i didn't feel like risking a shot to have more zombies over run us. nor did i know for sure the guns even worked. i told him sorry i mean no harm I'm just trying to survive. As the zombies spotted us i decided to take to running again to avoid them.

1. I never threatened him with use of force

2. I felt like his RP was worst than mine.. dropping guns without even seeing a threat.

2. Is there a timer on RP?  iv already been trading up north and had plenty of friendly encounters.  the FIRST time i have a RP situation play out its being questioned and a temp ban seems a bit crazy for me...  I don't understand what rule was broke (besides the 30 min count down after combat) it just seems to me they are being salty because of bad RP (by them) and bad game play when they shot me 3-4 times and couldn't kill me.. i have a feeling if they killed me we wouldn't be here right now...

4.  the only thing i see i did wrong was not wait the 30 min after combat,  i did look at the rules again and it says it but I'm sorry at that time i couldn't stay on due to RL matters.

Posted (edited)

To answer to the things you just posted:

1: Honestly, if someone is hiding behind a shed, and i cant see him/her and i can only hear a voice telling me to put my guns down, not following said demand would usually follow with me getting shot, in other words: It actually was a threat with the use of force.

2: I dropped my guns because i didn't see the threat. If it was actually me in that situation and a voice hiding behind a shed told me to drop my guns, i would do so, as i would assume he has a weapon.

3:  I'm not salty tbh, i found it smart and funny how you pulled that robbery off. The only thing that bothered me was the quick robbery you did,  wich lead to you providing little to no RP towards me. If we would've killed your character,  this report would still have been here. 

4: RL matters are sometimes a thorn in the side, but it can sadly not be an exception to break a rule,  a rulebreak is a rulebreak. Although i can't decide that, that's up to staff.

Edited by jason hunter

so let me get this right......  your salty i didn't talk to you longer?  because like you said if i had stayed longer your friends would have come...  the only rule i broke was logging out b4 the 30 min was up..(my bad i admitted to that)  you reporting me for not talking to you long enough seems absolutely ridiculous...  I'm sorry your a soft player that doesn't stand your ground and you didn't get the RP you have always wanted... 

1.  there was no threat.... I don't care what you say. no threat is no threat. lets stick to facts.....

2.  Your a soft player i cant help you with that. you dropped your guns with no threat. (never said i was going to shoot you or harm you, if you didn't drop them)

3.  Is this a RP sever or a prime time soap box drama?  my RP was on point,  why just drag out the small talk when zombies are coming.. and your friends........

4.  My child will come before this game 100% of the time,  if that's a problem I'm not even sorry... that's just life..

Thank you @ZGolden, your temp ban has been removed. Please continue to follow this report in case the staff have any further questions.

So i asked @jason hunter a question in a PM asking how long the RP has to last so he doesnt report people....  then i get flagged 5 points for that...   there was nothing solved by this whole report i just got banned for a day because i hurt his RP feelings?  im asking so this doesnt happen again but no one is giving me any advice.  I Don't understand why he reported me still it seems unjust and like he just likes to complain about everything from what ive seen thus far...   i would like a black and white awnser..  do i have to engage him for 5 minutes? after i robbed him should i have asked if he was ok or needed a safe place to stay? made a fire for him?  i really am not getting the point of the petty report......

There is no point going back and forth all the time. 

When the staff decides what will happen, they will explain what went wrong...If something went wrong according to them that is ofc.

As for now, let's just be patient till a verdict has been made.

A team of staff members have reviewed this report and have come to the following conclusion regarding it.

Summary |

To briefly sum up the situation at hand,

Jason Hunter and his group are in Zelenogorsk, when Jason decides to split off from his group and wander to a small town South/South-East of Zelenogorsk. Whilst he is looting one of the sheds a man yells at him; "DROP YOUR GUNS!". Jason, unaware of the man's whereabouts, drops his weapon and puts his hands up. The man, who seems to be a fresh-spawn, appears from behind the shed and picks Jason's weapon up. He talks to Jason for a few seconds, aims his gun and runs away with zero to none roleplay provided to the OP. Spartan, a group member of the OP, scouts the area for the man that had robbed Jason and eventually finds him. He tried to catch up with him in order to take the man hostage, but is unable to due to having the stamina of Burger King regular in his 50's and decides to open fire instead. He hit the accused, but misses all of his other shots and is shot and killed by the accused.

Addressing The Rule Breaks |

@ZGolden | You initiated on the OP by yelling at him; "DROP YOUR WEAPONS!", even if you didn't have a weapon. The OP had no way of knowing if you were armed or not and dropped his weapon, as to ensure his survival. After the OP dropped his weapon you walked up to it, picked it up, aimed at him and walked away. You didn't provide the OP with any roleplay whatsoever, you initiated for the sole purpose of getting a weapon. This is what is known in the community as a "5 second robbery" and is not allowed. If you rob someone, even if it's only to get a gun, you MUST provide them with sufficient and engaging roleplay. Hostile situations, such as robberies, must focus on the roleplaying experience of both parties and shouldn't be done for the sake of getting a quick weapon.

4.5 Hostile situations must focus on the role play experience of both attackers and victims. Both sides should actively participate and contribute to role play in all situations, any disputes or issues can be discussed and resolved afterwards.

As an attacker you may NOT:
- Attack other players just for the sake of gear by doing a quick robbery that involves little to no role play.
- Ignore your victims. You must provide an engaging role play to keep things interesting for the victims at all times.

After the fire-fight with Spartan, you logged out 18 minutes before the CL (Combat Log) timer expired. We completely understand that your child comes first, but that doesn't subtract from the fact that you logged out before your combat log timer expired. In the future, you could try and find a safe place to AFK until the CL timer is expired or join the help-desk on Discord so that a member of the staff team can get in contact with those involved and ask for permission to log out.

Outcome |

@ZGolden | BadRP + Combat Log | Guilty - 5 Day Ban, 10 Warning Points

Signed | @Banshee, @Zanaan, @Descendants & @OskuRP