Server time: 2019-01-20, 03:58 WE ARE RECRUITING
BreadERP

Creating a character for the sake of hostility

Recently my friends have been telling me that there's a group of individuals (Not naming anybody) who claims the U.N had previously murdered their father, raped everybody and destroyed their lands. Obviously, this is a pull for hostility. I'm unsure if this is allowed, as it's obvious they're doing it solely for the in-game excuse to hate the United Nations. I fully expect hostility (I was warned by everybody who was in the 1st iteration of the group) because people generally don't like the U.N IC. Is it fair to create a character backstory, or a section of it, with the sole purpose to give you an excuse to hate a certain group?

6 hours ago, BreadERP said:

Is it fair to create a character backstory, or a section of it, with the sole purpose to give you an excuse to hate a certain group?

Yes, as long as those members are playing fairly and maturely. As long as they're playing within our rules.

However...

6 hours ago, BreadERP said:

Obviously, this is a pull for hostility.

How? No, it is not.

You said yourself that you were warned multiple times about the UN being hated and you knew there would be hostilities. 

The UN existed before you resurrected it. You are playing as the UN, which still holds the same reputation as it did in the first place. Just because you're a new group doesn't mean anything, at the end of the day it's still the UN. You're going to have to deal with the same hostilities that the old UN had to.

There are many characters who members have played since the beginning of the lorewipe if not longer, who hate the UN for their own respective reasons.

The group of members who you won't mention have RP'd with the old UN and have a great hatred for them. You aren't exempt from this considering you're the same faction.

Saying this is a "pull for hostility" is a stretch. You knew the repercussions when you made the group. If you didn't want to deal with them IC, you shouldn't have remade a largely hated group.