Server time (UTC): 2019-11-20, 18:09
Sign in to follow this  
YNW Viking

Flaming a Permed played and Staff's response to this

My response in the thread was more about flaming them on the forums than anything else. Obviously if it happens on another platform and the permed player baits you to for example insult them and then sends a recording of that to the staff team, the context should be taken into consideration when handing out a possible punishment for it. 

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Viking said:

make the other person look like a massive pussy

Don't take this the wrong way.

If you genuinely care about the opinion of toxic waste, you might wanna check your priorities.

You're not any less of a man because some idiot decided to out you on his way to the gates, their opinion at this point should be worth nothing to you.

Edited by Ducky

I skimmed through but what i picked up is if you flame a permed player you can get points for it? Now i could be wrong like i said i skimmed through but if this is true then thats fucking dumb lmao

Posted (edited)

The vast majority of perma banned players made the conscious decision to commit the action that got them permanently excluded from this community. That shows that they clearly didn't give a flying fuck about the community or they would have behaved like sensible people. So why in the world are staff giving them the time of day when they come bitching about someone being mean to them? 

I understand that as per community rules it is expected for members to be civil to each other and show some form of respect. However if they aren't a part of the community then they sure as shit wont abide by those standards so asking us to treat them like a community member when they aren't is ridiculous. 

The reality is they aren't community members anymore, and most of them will never be community members again (until they pull out their credit cards). So if they aren't community members anymore then I must ask what business is it of the dayzrp staff? Why should they get involved if it isn't happening on their platform or their discords etc. They shouldn't, it has nothing to do with dayzrp anymore. 

//EDIT: I'm not saying you should engage in the flaming, just saying that it isn't DayZRP's business what you do outside of the community to people who aren't a part of it. 

Edited by Mr Shank
Clarification

8 minutes ago, Mr Shank said:

The vast majority of perma banned players made the conscious decision to commit the action that got them permanently excluded from this community. That shows that they clearly didn't give a flying fuck about the community or they would have behaved like sensible people. 

Yeah, big Nono on this one chief. I can agree with you on the fact that SOME perm'd players do not give a fuck about the community, but saying that the vast majority of them doesn't is just silly mate. Plenty of people got that bar across their names because of IG rule breaks (that might just mean that they don't really understand the rules, not that they don't give a shit about the community) or OOC problems they have with someone that escalate and end up getting them banned (-I reiterate what said in the previous parenthesis-). That being said, I think staff simply shouldn't get involved with what is said on platforms that do not belong to DayzRP. This is supposed to be a mature RP community, with mature members: if you're an adult and can't deal with someone disliking you and talking shit about you without reporting them to staff, I think you should leave your house more and see how things are outside your safe space.

You shouldn't flame anyone, period. Doesn't matter if they are currently a part of the community or not. If someone is flaming you, report them, don't stoop down to their level and flame them as well, because you can get yourself into trouble. If it's a perma-banned player flaming you, block them, ignore them, report it to a staff member, there's no need to flame back at them, as that will only get yourself into trouble. You're not a "Pussy" for blocking, ignoring or not flaming back, the fact of the matter is that they are permanently banned from the community and you are not, which makes them the "Loser" in this situation.

If you suspect a perma-banned player of baiting you into flaming or suspect a current member of the community into baiting you to flame a perma-banned player in an attempt to get you banned, report it to the staff team.

3 minutes ago, Mak said:

Saying that the vast majority of them doesn't is just silly mate. Plenty of people got that bar across their names because of IG rule breaks (that might just mean that they don't really understand the rules, not that they don't give a shit about the community) 

Mate admittedly I dont play the game at all anymore, but I still know people who collectively have thousands of hours in game and were part of some of the massive groups and they were in next to 0 reports. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to understand and follow the rules so the whole "they didn't understand the rules" is kinda invalid because if they cared they would have payed attention enough to understand them.   

8 minutes ago, Mak said:

OOC problems they have with someone that escalate and end up getting them banned 

Mate do you know how many people have OOC issues with other members? Everyday OOC issues are handled in ways that dont result in bans so that isnt an excuse even remotely.

I understand that what I am saying is all fine and good in theory but life can be emotionally and sometimes people act on impulse, so I do concede to your point to some degree that sometimes shit happens. 

The part of my post which you highlighted wasn't really the main focus of my post and it doesn't have a huge amount to do with this thread so if you want to discuss that then by all means pm me so we dont clog up this thread with potentially irrelevant stuff. 

Not sure why anyone would flame anyone banned from this community in general. Stop thinking about them. They're no longer part of your involvement anywhere. 

Well I've said it before and I'll say it again

Flaming bad. No Flame.                El no Flamo. No le flame

DoNt fLaME                                     FlAMe nO gOoD

iF yoU lEt sOmeONe oN tHe iNtErnEt aNgER yOU, tUrN oFF yOuR CoMPuTEr

6 hours ago, Wumbyyy said:

Well I've said it before and I'll say it again

Flaming bad. No Flame.                El no Flamo. No le flame

DoNt fLaME                                     FlAMe nO gOoD

iF yoU lEt sOmeONe oN tHe iNtErnEt aNgER yOU, tUrN oFF yOuR CoMPuTEr

Flaming 2 out now on all platforms

Posted (edited)

You would think someone being permed is enough of a *Flame*  to not give a fk about them anymore? if they're still on your friends list and bitch and whine at you for being in the community that chap ain't a friend but baby remove them, you do you they do them.

Edited by Eagle

IMO you should be able to do whatever the hell you want with other people outside of DayZRP and not be punished for it. If someone is perm'ed, you should be able to flame them like anyone else. If I'm playing CS:GO, RB6 or another game and decide to be toxic, that is my decision. It shouldn't have repercussions at all on me in a separate community, as I find that being extremely lazy and just smashing the R4 button to big-dick people.

If I call someone a," Faggot," in a RB6 game and they somehow correlate my Steam name being Hollows to my DayZRP profile, then send Staff a screen-shot of me being toxic to some random people, I shouldn't face anything from it. Now if it is another community member, I can see lines being drawn, but if someone was expelled from the community or un-involved at all, I say it should be fair game. We really need to stop over policing these boarders, because it isn't looking very good.

Ok I havent read any of the responses so maybe this has already been said. 

Heres my best staff answer

"We understand that what was said was directed at a person outside the community, but, with that being said, we used rule 4 to ban him because we don't want someone who talks that way about others in such an aggressive manner in our community, no matter who they are talking about."

Its the same thing about part of the reason people like flash crack got banned. You can do whatever you want outside of the community, of course, you can. But that doesn't mean that the owner, rolle, or admins have to put up with it inside their community. And I think whether or not you like this answer or not, I'm thinking its pretty accurate. 

9 hours ago, Hollows said:

IMO you should be able to do whatever the hell you want with other people outside of DayZRP and not be punished for it. If someone is perm'ed, you should be able to flame them like anyone else.

Flaming is flaming. Imagine someone flamed for example Dusty before he came back from being permed. What happens now that he's back? Awkward? Do you punish the person flaming because the other was unbanned? How is the person on the receiving end of such flames supposed to react?

Just fucking don't, it paints you as immature and nothing good will come of it.

12 hours ago, SWAGRP said:

Flaming is flaming. Imagine someone flamed for example Dusty before he came back from being permed. What happens now that he's back? Awkward? Do you punish the person flaming because the other was unbanned? How is the person on the receiving end of such flames supposed to react?

Just fucking don't, it paints you as immature and nothing good will come of it.

In that situation, nothing. It'll be awkward, and I agree that flaming shouldn't be really done because it is online and stupid to do it, but I look at it like this. DayZRP is its own country, we will say Sweden because of reasons. We are residents in "Sweden." Well, someone moves out of Sweden (Banned, etc) to Tahiti, and I leave Sweden to get into a fight or beat them down while out of the country then come back to Sweden, why would I be charged or face punishments for a crime I had committed out of Sweden's jurisdiction? It makes no sense. It's overstepping boundaries to flex authority is what it becomes.

DayZRP Staff jurisdiction should end when you leave the DayZRP.com domain, servers and affiliates. However, this is just my opinion on things.

Edited by Hollows

I don't see why the opinion of a person who you will most likely never meet in real life matters to you enough that you'd want to waste your time flaming them in response. If they're flaming you, be the adult in that situation and don't respond and block all further communications. It's simple.

On 1/8/2019 at 3:49 PM, Wumbyyy said:

-he's right-

basically what wumby said, people need to relax and not take the internet so seriously. it isn't hard just don't take the bait because again, internet, shouldn't matter to you if someone is badmouthing you when you will more then likely never have anything to do with them again, i do agree that if what has been said has nothing to do with dayzrp it shouldn't affect dayzrp but it is ultimately up to the higher ups to decide.

Edited by Xero

Flaming is flaming in my opinion, you just shouldn't ever do it. You cant take stuff seriously over an online community.