Server time: 2019-05-22, 23:43
YNW Jasper

The United Nations | (Open Recruitment)

Can someone put something to rest for me; I heard some 3 UN guys initiated on civilians for gear today, is this true? First off, I don't know the specifics of the situation so clarification would be great. Secondly, why would ANY UN member be initiating on civies for their gear, even if one of your own was relieved of their automatic before hand by a unknown and unaffiliated party? Does the UN need to attack civilians for automatics when they lose their own? Is that what the point of this was, to focus on getting back gear because you lost your own? Can't do a loot run? Can't ASK someone to help? Have to initiate for the gear? There's no other way?

I'm just trying to understand this groups intentions, because if it's to make a positive impact on the server then initiating on civilians who are NOT a part of hostile groups, performing hostile actions, or having performed hostile actions prior is NOT the way to do this, and is just lazy attempts at Roleplaying, IMO. If word gets around that the UN is strong arming, attacking, and killing civilians for automatic weapons/whatever reason(s) then you'll fall faster into the "hated groups" pile than the last UN did.

Unless, of course, I have the whole idea behind this group incorrect.

Please clarify, I don't mind being put straight on this, I don't mind being corrected. I'd just hate to hear that this UN isn't even trying to be a positive force, and instead is reverting to banditry ways because "fuck it, that's easier". Thank you!

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Brayces said:

Can someone put something to rest for me; I heard some 3 UN guys initiated on civilians for gear today, is this true? First off, I don't know the specifics of the situation so clarification would be great. Secondly, why would ANY UN member be initiating on civies for their gear, even if one of your own was relieved of their automatic before hand by a unknown and unaffiliated party? Does the UN need to attack civilians for automatics when they lose their own? Is that what the point of this was, to focus on getting back gear because you lost your own? Can't do a loot run? Can't ASK someone to help? Have to initiate for the gear? There's no other way?

I'm just trying to understand this groups intentions, because if it's to make a positive impact on the server then initiating on civilians who are NOT a part of hostile groups, performing hostile actions, or having performed hostile actions prior is NOT the way to do this, and is just lazy attempts at Roleplaying, IMO. If word gets around that the UN is strong arming, attacking, and killing civilians for automatic weapons/whatever reason(s) then you'll fall faster into the "hated groups" pile than the last UN did.

Unless, of course, I have the whole idea behind this group incorrect.

Please clarify, I don't mind being put straight on this, I don't mind being corrected. I'd just hate to hear that this UN isn't even trying to be a positive force, and instead is reverting to banditry ways because "fuck it, that's easier". Thank you!

Apparently the TlDr of what happened was Oxen got initiated on and killed one of the people who initiated on him. Before this they're given a description that those people matched. Three of us go after them and then initiate, they don't comply, and then they die. I don't know who said we're going after civilians for gear and robbing them but that's like kind of the opposite of what happened.

Edit: After talking about the situation with @Joe and them I feel like whoever told you what happened might have misrepresented the situation greatly there whether intentionally or otherwise. Could you point me in the direction of who said that?

Edited by YNW Jasper

No. Oxen got initiated/killed near Bash for being UN and Jackfish saw the people who did it run towards Noveya. He didn't chase them however and waited for me and Zombru who were at South barracks to come over and help. We then begin running towards Noveya and see two individuals one having a FAL. Oxen also had a FAL and it wasn't at his body when Jackfish looked at him. So I assumed it was the people who did it and initiate.

Don't know who you heard it from but yea, It was either the people who killed Oxen or they got unlucky.

I met with @Joe and was fairly geared out and one other UN person, at any time they could of rob me but didn't as I was on my own. Not sure who said they were, but they must have said some shit to spread it IC so people won't trust them etc. 

Posted (edited)

@Brayces i understand the confusion, but if you are unsure of what happened, wasnt there youself to see it and was only told about it with no solid proof it might be a good idea to contact one of the highups in a PM first to clarify the situation, as thise whole thing on our thread could of been avoided.

i do however really appriciate the actual care towards the group by coming forward and posting about a situation you felt like needed to be answered. 

Edited by YNW Pep

I just had a lovely discussion about the above, seeing as I am the victim in this case. So let me state the facts.

1. We were approached by Puncture and Jackfish, asking us if we had seen anyone with an orange backpack.

2. We said we hadnt seen any, and they walked off.

3. We continue down towards Zombru (Who I guess didnt recognise me from yesterday? I mean Kamenici on Kamenici action here.) and I asked him if he was with them, he replied with no.

4. Jackfish and Puncture come back down and initiate, seeing as only jackfish raised a weapon I fight back, kill him and am promptly killed by zombru.

Here is where my issues are.

After investigating a bit and talking with Puncture, it is revealed that the actual description according to him was 2 people, 1 with an FN FAL.

This doesnt make much sense to me, since you specifically asked for an orange backpack? So I assume I was lied to for whatever reason.

Next, let me comment on the situation itself, even if Oxen was robbed by a person, it does not make much sense for Peacekeepers to go on a hunt when they are infact meant to keep the peace. The UN works on defensive measures, not offensive measures.

If you truly werent there to rob us, why would you not announce yourself as UN, declare we are under arrest and initiate that way, clearly you thought you had the right people, and you wouldnt give them an advantage by telling them, rather you would be acting the way an organization like the UN does, by making themselves known and stating what is happening. Keeping the peace without escalation?

That's ultimately why I was questioning it, why I have reached the conclusion that I have, and given that the talk I did have with Puncture was lackluster, unserious and gave the impression he was taking the piss. I am not sure what to really say.

I hope you just take this to heart and make an effort to represent the UN.

3 minutes ago, Ducky said:

3 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Well, for the 9th time, Oh yes I have been counting.

It.Was.Not.For.Your.Gear

So, someone got killed from your group and their FAL taken you then chase but don't follow (or something) these "people" without knowing who did it, or who they were. Saw some randoms on the road, one who had a FAL, and just initiated?

That's not what I'm hearing, I heard that you approached LOOKING for a person(s) with a orange backpack, which these people DID not have and you knew that these people did not have as you could see them with your eyes. You then parted ways, only to return to them likely seeing they had the gun you wanted and it was a easy score to get back the gear. But that's just me assuming, so who knows for sure.

But let's say you're right, you did totes legit think these random civies ... walking down the road, who you JUST spoke to and clarified they weren't the person(s) you were looking for WERE the people you were looking for. You initiated because they had a FAL? That's the reasoning?

I'm sorry if I'm not following. Why would the UN try rob someone for a FAL? Please, I'm just trying to understand why the UN (United Nations) who serves to protect/keep the peace for innocent civilians attempt to rob but then kill said innocent civilians? Why not talk to them, ask for the FAL, ask more questions, etc?

This is not in line with your group, nor your group goals.

If you want to be bandits guys there's NOTHING at all wrong with that at all you know I advocate for hostileRP all the time as it's needed, but please don't do it under the guise of being UN as they are a peace keeping group. You are doing your own group a disservice by doing this sort thing instead of sticking to your own group goals and your own character goals (if you have character goals 'cause some people don't RP that way ya know, etc).

Thanks for your time, please actually take this feedback into consideration, review and reflect on it. No hate, no animosity, much love, you know me I'm easy AF to get along with and I am always opening to speakin' or RP'in', also no need to "thanks for the feedback" replies as they often ring hallow and facetious. ✌️

7 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Here is where my issues are.

After investigating a bit and talking with Puncture, it is revealed that the actual description according to him was 2 people, 1 with an FN FAL.

This doesnt make much sense to me, since you specifically asked for an orange backpack? So I assume I was lied to for whatever reason.

Three people initiate on Oxen. He kills one. There is two survivors one of which would have had his FAL and presumably some clothing that was identifiable as well. You weren't lied to.

Next, let me comment on the situation itself, even if Oxen was robbed by a person, it does not make much sense for Peacekeepers to go on a hunt when they are infact meant to keep the peace. The UN works on defensive measures, not offensive measures.

If you truly werent there to rob us, why would you not announce yourself as UN, declare we are under arrest and initiate that way, clearly you thought you had the right people, and you wouldnt give them an advantage by telling them, rather you would be acting the way an organization like the UN does, by making themselves known and stating what is happening. Keeping the peace without escalation?

The people robbed and shot Oxen, and we're not supposed to do anything? I'm sorry but what? It isn't an offensive measure to go after people WHO JUST ATTACKED YOU that IS inherently a defensive measure. Defensive. As in acting in defense of ourselves. Someone attacks and shoots one of us on the principle that we were UN and that was all. So we're just...not going to look for these people going around killing UN in our immediate area? Hello? How does that make any sense at all to you, truly, please enlighten me on this. 

We did not announce ourselves BECAUSE THE PEOPLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR ARE LOOKING FOR AND KILLING UN PERSONNEL SPECIFICALLY so it would be a bit dull to roll up to people in their berets when we're looking for people like that, no? 99% of the time I am not OK with them ditching the uniforms but in this case I would say that given the circumstances, I am more than willing to give them a pass on this. 

That's ultimately why I was questioning it, why I have reached the conclusion that I have, and given that the talk I did have with Puncture was lackluster, unserious and gave the impression he was taking the piss. I am not sure what to really say.

I hope you just take this to heart and make an effort to represent the UN.

You came to the conclusion that we robbed you for your gear....except there wasn't much robbery was there? You didn't comply and you died. If you were found to be not the person we're looking for, we would have let you go obviously. We've done this three times in the past already. And Puncture is not the group leader is he? You didn't want to have a chat with me. Puncture asked if you wanted to talk to the GROUP LEADER about this situation and you said "Nah im good" so I mean, you want to throw around words like lackluster and unserious, that would fall into that category for me. 

We represent the UN just fine I think. You being upset over dying and coming to conclusions that are illogical in my opinion, such as ROBBING YOU FOR GEAR,  do not conflict with that at all. 

2 minutes ago, Brayces said:

So, someone got killed from your group and their FAL taken you then chase but don't follow (or something) these "people" without knowing who did it, or who they were. Saw some randoms on the road, one who had a FAL, and just initiated?

This is over simplifying the matter by a lot. Three people robbed him. One is killed in the process. They are apparently wearing similar clothing to the men who killed him and also had the same gun and were in the immediate area to my knowledge. That's a lot more than "Hurr durr he have FAL lets get him boys". That's not the group I run at all. 

3 minutes ago, Brayces said:

That's not what I'm hearing, I heard that you approached LOOKING for a person(s) with a orange backpack, which these people DID not have and you knew that these people did not have as you could see them with your eyes. You then parted ways, only to return to them likely seeing they had the gun you wanted and it was a easy score to get back the gear. But that's just me assuming, so who knows for sure.

But let's say you're right, you did totes legit think these random civies ... walking down the road, who you JUST spoke to and clarified they weren't the person(s) you were looking for WERE the people you were looking for. You initiated because they had a FAL? That's the reasoning?

Orange backpack among other things. They just killed someone and ran around for five minutes, they could have swapped some things around, but from what I was told they buy and large were dressed very similarly to what they were wearing, matched in numbers, and matched in the area. Why does everyone go into this with the assumption that we would ROB ANYONE under any circumstances in the first place? Do you know how many times a day I come off as an asshole to my own group pounding it into their heads day in and day out that we CANNOT even come remotely close to coming off as sarcastic or hostile to anyone at all? It's a lot. I literally go to pretty significant lengths to make sure that everyone's in game conduct is up to snuff in game when I'm around, and to insinuate that i'm just using this as a cover to bandit is pretty disheartening given how much work I put into doing that. 

I cannot speak to Puncture and Zombru's head spaces when they doubled back to them and I'll leave that for them to say, but when they lay the situation out as it was happening to me over radio comms, I'm more than inclined to believe that they had zero malicious intent when doing so. They were not just trying to  hit a lick and get easy gear, as low as yours and others opinions on us as a whole may be. That's not the group that I run. 

8 minutes ago, Brayces said:

I'm sorry if I'm not following. Why would the UN try rob someone for a FAL? Please, I'm just trying to understand why the UN (United Nations) who serves to protect/keep the peace for innocent civilians attempt to rob but then kill said innocent civilians? Why not talk to them, ask for the FAL, ask more questions, etc?

This is not in line with your group, nor your group goals.

We. Did. Not. Rob. Anyone. We. Did. Not. Rob. Anyone. We initiated on people after I gave the OK to do so over radio comms after hearing the moment to moment comms being given. We did not rob anyone. An initiation was dropped on people who they and we as a whole assumed were the suspects. The plan was that they'd comply and that we'd question them. If they're innocent despite all the evidence aside we'd set them on their way, as we've done numerous times before. They did not comply and we had no choice. 

11 minutes ago, Brayces said:

If you want to be bandits guys there's NOTHING at all wrong with that at all you know I advocate for hostileRP all the time as it's needed, but please don't do it under the guise of being UN as they are a peace keeping group. You are doing your own group a disservice by doing this sort thing instead of sticking to your own group goals and your own character goals (if you have character goals 'cause some people don't RP that way ya know, etc).

We. Are. Not. We. Did. Not. Rob. Anybody. 

I swear to god next time there's a UN group i'm just going to not comply to them, die, and call them GearRP'rs and that they rob innocent civilians. It seems so easy to do.

12 minutes ago, Brayces said:

no need to "thanks for the feedback" replies as they often ring hallow and facetious. ✌️

That's actually kind of hurtful that you think i'd reply like that given how many times i've openly said how much I hate those replies and even made a topic advocating for getting rid of the ability to reply to feedback like that altogether. I read your feedback carefully but I do not feel there's anything to reflect on here. I think my boys did the right thing given the situation at hand and this is being twisted in a whole other direction. There's this pre existing narrative in both your and @Ducky's feedback that we're out here faking as the UN to bandit, that we want to rob people as this group, and that we're just here for gear. I don't even know. It's disheartening. 

Posted (edited)
Just now, YNW Law said:

image.png.aa14c27d93918f15c834daeb4624e02d.png

Is this group aiming to commit War Crimes as part of their goals? I'd like to know about that as well. Since it's not, you know listed, in the goals. Otherwise I am unsure of why you linked these to me.

Edited by Brayces

Just now, Brayces said:

Is this group aiming to commit War Crimes as part of their goals

I'm not in the group I don't know, but have you considered that people aren't perfect and 2 years into an apocalypse where the UN has been getting ass blasted by civilians 90% of the time they show up maybe they'd be a little resentful, especially since the UN has a horrible reputation for commiting crimes in real life anyway. It's all roleplay after all 🤡

1 minute ago, Brayces said:

image.png.aa14c27d93918f15c834daeb4624e02d.png

Is this group aiming to commit War Crimes as part of their goals? I'd like to know about that as well. Since it's not, you know listed, in the goals.

No but when you operate in a war zone sometimes the lines get blurred and things get messy. This was a series of events that ended poorly and we are sorry for that. But to simply chalk this up to robbery is wrong. 

Just now, YNW Law said:

I'm not in the group I don't know, but have you considered that people aren't perfect and 2 years into an apocalypse where the UN has been getting ass blasted by civilians 90% of the time they show up maybe they'd be a little resentful, especially since the UN has a horrible reputation for commiting crimes in real life anyway. It's all roleplay after all 🤡

Then they should not be in a peace keeping RP group? If they want to be chaotic neutral, then they need not to front for a peace keeping group who's goals are to help and aid the peace of the region. 😕 If you're not upholding the aspects, and goals of the group you're in then why are you even in it, ya know?

Not saying people can't be dynamic and play BAD chars or conflicted characters at all. But when you're in a group like this, you are the face of that group.

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Brayces said:

I think your point is clear and more posts are not needed,

I suggest you talk to @YNW Jasper via PM's if you still feel like your feedback is not being heard because this is getting out of hand. @YNW Law is not in our group so I dont really get why you respond to him on our group thread. What he is trying to say is that people are not perfect peacekeepers anymore after 2 years and by posting those links he shows that the real UN make mistakes too.

I was there, @YNW Jasper explained to you why we initiated and he explained it pretty clear in my opinion. I also want to say that you shouldn't only blame us. The two that got killed did not comply so we couldn't really continue the RP we wanted to have. 

For everyone else, please stop the back and forth.

Thank you.

- Jack

EDIT: @Onyx @lukaszxe @RandyRP @Samti Please stop the unnecessary back and forth.

Edited by Jackfish

Yeah pls take it to PMs my head hurts from all this.

If you think a rule has been broken make a report. If not, PMs. PMs. PMs.

- USER HAS BEEN WARNED FOR THIS POST - 

Alright boys, lets chill this down for now.

Unlocked, if there's any concrete evidence of the group going against it's core goals then send a PM to the admin team. If concrete evidence is brought up then it will lead in the group's archival, also please try to take feedback constructively and not disregard it/flame people for giving feedback.

3 hours ago, JimRP said:

Unlocked, if there's any concrete evidence of the group going against it's core goals then send a PM to the admin team. If concrete evidence is brought up then it will lead in the group's archival, also please try to take feedback constructively and not disregard it/flame people for giving feedback.

I agree - I did tell others in my group to let me handle it as I thought I handled the feedback well enough, but they didn't listen. 

That being said that video evidence is hardly anything even remotely close to us going against our core group values, all it shows is exactly what I said. The moment to moment on the radio was Oxen describing people running up on him, he's saying he's about to get held up, hear shots and they head over and Oxen is killed. They're looking for two people that matched the description as Oxen killed one of them before dying. They see two people in the immediate area that match the description, have the same guns. Puncture, Jackfish, and Zombru ditch their UN stuff to go talk to them as the people initiated on Oxen for specifically being UN and they're going around trying to murder UN personnel. They talk to them and radio in to me that they think it's them beyond a reasonable doubt who did it. I give the OK to go ahead and detain them and we'd try and figure out if it was them or not. 

They initiate, Ducky and them don't comply, they die. Apparently it wasn't them despite all the other evidence pointing to it being them. It was just unlucky time and place for them and unfortunate that they didn't comply. But to not comply, die, and then say we're "Not even playing as the UN" and "Robbing civilians for gear" is a massive stretch. 

Now I have faith in the staff team enough that the video evidence and our POV's line up well enough with this, but still, I thought it was important to reiterate before someone sends out of context video evidence with a misleading story attached to it again. 

Posted (edited)

Ive hade ok rp from this group

Keep it up

@Joe gave me good roleplay

Edited by YNW BorisOGRBRP

Also have had phenomenal and outstanding roleplay from @YNW Jasper and @Joe , dont let the haters get to you, stay on top 🙏 and bless up homies

Everytime I run into the UN I had great rp from them,  they suspect me of things but don't act on rumors 🙂 , but keep it up bois best UN bunch I have seen IMO.

I quite like the UN I have heard that they are being corrupt but when I seen them in Kabanino there was some great RP! They were doing their job and being overall just a good group to be around. Before that I seen them at Camp Eden and they were also great there letting us do our business with a trespasser and just more great RP. I wish I could bean a group because I would to the UN