Server time: 2017-08-18, 12:47

Sign in to follow this  
Guest JuniYo

May 25th Event - Official afterward thread

Guest JuniYo   
Guest JuniYo

Okay so todays event was awesome and I did very well and would probably survived --IF-- it haven't been for that stupid heli had to explode right on the side of me .-. That was very disappointing... But anyways really cool event and I hope to see new and maybe even cooler/better events soon :D With love from Jo Adrian M. Dahl from CDCR who fell in battle <3

Tomeran    3

Okay so todays event was awesome and I did very well and would probably survived --IF-- it haven't been for that stupid heli had to explode right on the side of me .-. That was very disappointing... But anyways really cool event and I hope to see new and maybe even cooler/better events soon :D With love from Jo Adrian M. Dahl from CDCR who fell in battle <3

Thank you for the feedback.

The heli incident was not intentional, but it was definatly one of those moments that caused the situation for the defenders to go from "bad" to "catastrophic". If it wasnt for the Ospreys, probably 15 people would've been trapped and killed at the tower. I hope most people got out alive.

TightPants    0

The event was EPIC. Though most of the people just hoarded all the ammo leaving several people without ammo which didn't work well in our favor.

And then there was the chopper incident with the cars involved. It was EPIC too!

Khardia    0

Changed the title, it's now the official "afterward" thread :)

Done this to avoid having 20 threads popping in.

I hope you guys had fun! Couldn't participate.. was at work. Next time!

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Anyone got a video of the event?

JakeGriffin    0

The event was EPIC. Though most of the people just hoarded all the ammo leaving several people without ammo which didn't work well in our favor.

And then there was the chopper incident with the cars involved. It was EPIC too!

The chain reaction and aftermath of those explosions were mental!

Guest JuniYo   
Guest JuniYo

Changed the title, it's now the official "afterward" thread :)

Done this to avoid having 20 threads popping in.

I hope you guys had fun! Couldn't participate.. was at work. Next time!

Its oki :D

Btw guys what happened in the end of the event. Was it some sort of gift to the survivors?

Btw guys what happened in the end of the event. Was it some sort of gift to the survivors?

After we escaped the zombie army in devil's castle, we were brought to a player base where we just got some rest, no big reward or anything, just the relief of getting out alive, and the sorrow of many good men dieing and failing our mission.

TightPants    0

Yeah I was keeping the stairs clear for the CZ sniper who died after he broke his legs while coming down the stairs. All of a sudden I hear disturbing noise from my right side and I look there to see everything just exploding. At that moment I knew that things went to hell.

Tomeran    3

Yeah I was keeping the stairs clear for the CZ sniper who died after he broke his legs while coming down the stairs. All of a sudden I hear disturbing noise from my right side and I look there to see everything just exploding. At that moment I knew that things went to hell.

I was inside the tower.

That explosion, coupled with the fact that we had about 100-150 zeds chasing the few remaining survivors around down there, led to me pretty much calling the battle lost.

I loved the fact that we tried to press down from the tower and evacuate it by foot, but we simply couldnt because we had maybe 50 zombies down by the stairs trying to make their way up. It was one of those "lets gooo!..oh. nope."-moments.

Ethanorg    0

I was inside the tower.

That explosion, coupled with the fact that we had about 100-150 zeds chasing the few remaining survivors around down there, led to me pretty much calling the battle lost.

I loved the fact that we tried to press down from the tower and evacuate it by foot, but we simply couldnt because we had maybe 50 zombies down by the stairs trying to make their way up. It was one of those "lets gooo!..oh. nope."-moments.

Yeah I avoided the tower like the plague (and for good reason too), but when i looted an L85 off a dead guy i tried to help the guys stuck in the tower by shooting the zombies coming up the stairs (because last time i checked my friend Rian was up there).I was successful with getting a few people down, but then the Osprey's came and I had to retreat to them.

Guest Kilgore   
Guest Kilgore

I'm just glad i survived.

Guest Kilgore   
Guest Kilgore

Awesome shot

9878470C983640FCAB636FB3C0E9AB3FCF759209

Theirs me with the cowboy hat ;)

Ethanorg    0

Does anyone have the surviving soldier group photo we took in front of the Osprey at the end of the event?

JakeGriffin    0

I was inside the tower.

Yea, there was so many. After the explosion I headed for the tower but was shot dead, by mistake I hope.

I was annoyed that I didn't get to see the end of the event and live to tell the tale :P

Curoar    0

Took me around 5 hours to edit the three hour footage into 30 minutes, render it and then upload the 1.5 GB video to youtube. Props to anyone who can watch it all.

[video=youtube]

Guest Grumby   
Guest Grumby

I recorded the bits I was there for. Will upload in 3 parts.

Hagen    0

Took me around 5 hours to edit the three hour footage into 30 minutes, render it and then upload the 1.5 GB video to youtube. Props to anyone who can watch it all.

I recorded the bits I was there for. Will upload in 3 parts.

Thank you.

Edit: it would be cool if at least parts of the fortifications remained and have a few corpses spread out in places to show that something happened there. I believe that each event of this scale should leave some sort of reminder. (preferably on all servers with the chernarus map)

grumgtiii    0

Awesome shot

9878470C983640FCAB636FB3C0E9AB3FCF759209

Theirs me with the cowboy hat ;)

such a good pic just because im in it!, im the guy sat next to the hazmat in the gurella outfit with the thing on my face.

all in all i had a uber mega time!, shame i died at the end after the event though. Im uploading a vid of the Shenanigans that took place once the event was over, was kinda fun watchin the ospreys crash. Until one took me out in the blast LOL

Guest JuniYo   
Guest JuniYo

[video=youtube]

The video is epic!!! Curoar, Isaac, Charlie and me was there talking in ts while in the event. I'm the guy in the spetsnaz soldier 1 skin. Yeah, I'm just that cool :D:P <3 <3 <3

I hope there is some sort of follow-up to the event.

Since we didn't stop the entire horde, I think there should be an increased infected spawn rate in the north, and some dead bodies spread out around devil's castle and the lines of defense, to remind people of what happened there.

Avah    0

I'm so miffed I couldn't make it to this, it looks like you had an action-filled event! Well done to everyone who participated and a big cheers to the wonderful Tomeran and the rest of the staff who made it happen.

Also thanks for the edited video Curoar! I know what I'll be watching for dinner entertainment this evening. ;)