S1: Kabanino poor display of rp 12/31/18 18:00

Posted (edited)

Server and location:  S1 Kabanino

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME):  12/31/18 18:00 ish

Your in game name: Hilde Kovaden

Names of allies involved: Kenneth Carlsson

Name of suspect/s: Not sure

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): 

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): Guy jumping off a two story high tower doing a 'trick' https://www.twitch.tv/videos/356911618?t=03h53m04s

Megaphone guy clip at 3h59m https://www.twitch.tv/videos/356911618?t=03h59m01s

second megaphone guy clip at 4h8m https://www.twitch.tv/videos/356911618?t=04h08m47s

Detailed description of the events: My and Nicco's char went to Kab to possibly do some trade and when we entered it just seemed like a mad house. People were all over the roofs unrealistically; from my point of view anyways since the roofs would be slippery due to winter and they also were all carrying two handed weapons and not just up on the roofs just full sprinting, running, jumping around like this was a parkour level in minecraft. Then this guy gets on the megaphone, twice and says the N word like it was cool. The whole vibe of the town was trashy, bad rp and completely different from all the other experiences I've had on dayzrp. Up till that point I've felt pretty immersed but when I walked into that town I felt like I was logged into a public gary mod rp server. I honestly hope no new players go there cause it was just a poor example of rp from multiple people. I don't mind if people want to make a settlement, but set a damn scene that is realistic, immersive and when people walk in, they want to stay and it will help benefit advancing their own characters instead of just being some random boarderline ooc hub you go to to have some 'fun'. I personally was disgusted by it and left and I don't think I'll be going back there till it clears out and returns to how I've originally experienced it.

Edited by miss_natcula
decided to timestamp all my vids to one timestamp.

Calling in @Descendants to post his POV. Please list all your allies that can be seen in the video please. 

Hello,

I was the one who jumped off of the building. The reason I did this was because I needed food and my character is known as a stunt man. I jumped off the building and two guys gave me peaches, which my character desperately needed. One of the guys being @Niccolicious, I understand that as someone newer to the community, the RP in Kabanino would come off as strange. But stuff like what you encountered is actually quite normal in populated areas like this. We like to take the game serious, but we are not a apocalypse simulation server. People will always have boxing matches, races, rap battles, drugs, stunts, and many other things. It is an apocalypse and people are free to do what they wish, as there is no law. Over the last few days, my character has enjoyed climbing buildings, and jumping from roof to roof, or sometimes even off of the roof. But the way my character acted is not at all unrealistic, people jump off of two story and three story buildings all the time in real life and dont get hurt one bit. 

I was on the radio with my allies in New Moon at the time, I am not sure exactly who was in town at the time, but I think it was Young Brandon, @Dusty, and maybe one other? Not sure who.. I believe Youngbrandon was the one with the megaphone.

Also, here is my video: https://plays.tv/video/5c2b97a78aafe5d90a/my-pov

Calling in @Niccolicious & @Dusty to post their POVs. 

Hey It's me, Kenneth. I was running with @miss_natcula from NWAF doing some internal RP. We decided to go to Kab to do some trading and just chill. As We enter town people come up and say hello and greet me since Im a know person in town living in the bus stop selling my hobo stuff. The day before We where jumping of trents roof and tower aswell. We said We had a pile off snow to jump into. @Descendants offers to jump off for some food and I give him peaches after he did it. I talk to the dope pope for a bit and do some poppers. I then go over to the waterpump and people Tell me to be carefull and there might be a fight. Someone with a megaphone start yelling at the people in the piano house. It gets even more crazy and @miss_natcula decided to leave. I walk after her and understand She is uncomfortable in the town. I say Its my Home But i ask if She likes to me to follow her elsewhere. But We decided to part ways. After like five minutes i decided to follow her Anyways since my character is like in Love with her.

Sidenote: In my time here people have always been on roofs or used the n-Word. And hubtowns get a bit crazy at points. But i must say when people fall off We RP it. 

Happy new year. ?

I would be willing to speak to you about this on discord or ts, and see if we can come to an agreement and possibly close this.

I don’t think I was in the town when people were jumping off buildings. I don’t remember the timeline but I believe I was in town either before or after the jumping. When I was in town, I evicted some people from the piano house who built there without the town owners (us) permission. After they agreed to vacate the house, I left the town. Like I said, I don’t really remember the timeline of events, but I believe I had left the town.

I sent my thoughts to Descendants and hope that we can sorta understand how I felt about the situation. I mostly had a issue with the megaphone guy talking over the megaphone, since that was very obnoxious. Can we close the report now since it seems all cleaned up?

I also agree with closing this. Ty for talking to me ? 

The staff team is glad that both parties have talked it out and are willing to close the report. But before doing so there some things we want to mention.

We have watched the videos and judging from them the roleplay it wasn't the best but it probably wouldn't have warranted a punishment in this case. To the people involved when doing these kinds of stuff, it could break the immersion for someone. It's important to have fun in-game but remember to keep it realistic. @miss_natcula If a situation were to occur like this again you could always try to direct the roleplay to a more realistic and serious direction.

With that said /closed

signed by @lukaszxe & @OskuRP