Server time (UTC): 2019-07-16, 17:17
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

2019 Premium overhaul suggestion

1 minute ago, Tander said:

There's kind of a difference between business and putting out a cash grab. If you put it into perspective from the 200euro tycoon club, they have to pay 300euro in total in order to get this new rank where as the 100euro club pays 200euro. People won't leave but they'll be pissed. If theres an easy way to transfer those that donated 200euro to the server and give them the rank, then do so I think. Everyone else gets transferred to the appropriate amount they payed so why not them?

If they want pay for the new rank they can but they will pay for it because its more. It not a cash grab, its just everyday business. Rolle hasn't got a gun at people making them pay for the new rank. If people want to pay for they can. I waiting to but it and I think its fair, I understand iwhy it has be like this and I stand and support this business plan. 

The rank was 200, then it went to 100. The product price fell over time so even though they paid 200, its only worth 100 now.

Honestly, not a huge fan of the idea, I don't see any issues in how things were before.
What's supposed to make 'Diamond' worth 200 euros anyway?

2 minutes ago, Flex said:

Yeah. as someone who payed the full amount for original Tycoon, and then some, it feels like a total ripoff that everyone else gets an even rank swap but not the highest ranked people.Why don't you just make diamond worth 200 so only people who have donated 200 plus get it instead of people who bought it for 100 after the price drop, or if you're gonna stick to the product/tax excuse then make diamond like 75-80% of for 200+ donors, then you're still selling the product, but for a price that's at least reasonable when compared to everyone else getting the ranks they've payed for/ deserve 

Also this

Just now, Soofa said:

Honestly, not a huge fan of the idea, I don't see any issues in how things were before.
What's supposed to make 'Diamond' worth 200 euros anyway?

You get Shares in DayZRP Corp and get placed on the board of Directors

1 minute ago, Phoenix said:

I edited this a little.

• They can have all there their character pages on their profiles
  • Character quote like the profile quote on character pages Free custom quote under your name (like the one you pay 20 euros for atm)
  • Glowing background on users posts. Keep the textured post background but add a different colored outline of our choice
  • Cheaper prices for items. No prices for the item shop because we already paid enough money

@Roland

Wow really? 

Your upset because you have to pay more for a new rank and miss out on the new features then will be coming? I dont see why your upset over this? 

This type business happens everyday. Look at games, you get the pre-order and you pay more now few months later for a new update if you WANT it.

Rolle has every right to charge more. 

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Falk said:

If they want pay for the new rank they can but they will pay for it because its more. It not a cash grab, its just everyday business. Rolle hasn't got a gun at people making them pay for the new rank. If people want to pay for they can. I waiting to but it and I think its fair, I understand iwhy it has be like this and I stand and support this business plan. 

The rank was 200, then it went to 100. The product price fell over time so even though they paid 200, its only worth 100 now.

If Rolle wants to uphold this business plan well, he needs to maintain a good raport with the community. Being forced to buy it isn't part of the whole debate at all. Having the analogy of "rolle hasn't got a gun at people making them pay for the new rank" doesn't necessarily work because it's about having a customer satisfaction. They bought 200euros worth of rank only for that rank to be dulled down to 100euros, which I'm sure most of them were upset about that but shook it off nonetheless. This would only add insult to injury. Yes it's a good way to get more money, but it completely disregards those that donated 200euros.

3 minutes ago, Falk said:

Wow really? 

Your upset because you have to pay more for a new rank and miss out on the new features then will be coming? I dont see why your upset over this? 

This type business happens everyday. Look at games, you get the pre-order and you pay more now few months later for a new update if you WANT it.

The difference between this and a game company is that there is a close relationship between the community and the owner. The main factor isn't the concept of making money but mainly the opinion of the community. You see this in games. People that order games get shafted because of the post-launch sales, and they get mad, hence why incentives to pre-order however here, you only lose if you donated 200euros. 

Edited by Tander

+1, I like the new structuring of ranks. Though I am not really sure what we could give Diamonds on top of what they already have, without making it slightly ridiculous. I understand why people who already paid for Tycoon feel as if they were ripped off; but the reason for doing that that was already explained by Roland. These are individual products and you get what you bought at the time of the purchase. Nobody should buy premium ranks for what they might bring in the future.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Falk said:

Wow really? 

Yes I would be, but not everyone wants to donate more, I certainly won't as I've been perm'd over nothing before so why waste my money if that could just happen again?

Edited by Dom

Tycoon will still have all the features Tycoon has had. None of that will be taken away I am sure.

It's simply a new rank that adds more stuff for a little more cash.

If anything the Tycoon rank might even get a few extra nuggets thrown in because of the overhaul.

I really don't see a point in complaining, over time prices of products usually fall, on release games tend to cost around 60$ and over time they drop about 50% depending on title and other variables.

Just don't buy Diamond if you don't want to, you shouldn't be donating to get things in the first place, you should be donating to support the community.

1 minute ago, Dom said:

Yes he does, but not everyone wants to donate more, I certainly won't as I've been perm'd over nothing before so why waste my money if that could just happen again?

It's like if you buy a house and get knocked down or hit by something you took the risk of paying for the house. you paid 350k for house then it falls to 150k few years later.

So in case we took the risk buying the ranks when we know we could get banned and the price falling down for what we paid. 

I'm just a little confused as to how people think anything  around the 200euros mark is in any way an appropriate price for some flashy text on a forum. At least throw something else in there like access to everything on the item store to at least make it feel like the money's worth it.

Just now, Falk said:

It's like if you buy a house and get knocked down or hit by something you took the risk of paying for the house. you paid 350k for house then it falls to 150k few years later.

So in case we took the risk buying the ranks when we know we could get banned and the price falling down for what we paid. 

It's nothing like that lmao and that's why you have house insurance.

Regardless I don't really like it personally but it is what it is and I hope everyone enjoys it to the full.

Just now, Dom said:

It's nothing like that lmao and that's why you have house insurance.

Regardless I don't really like it personally but it is what it is and I hope everyone enjoys it to the full.

Maybe we should get perk insurance to get our money back for perks? But not everyone has it, I sure don't pay for house insurance that is a rip off. 

Yeah, i get you why you dont, but I hope people will see why this type thing happens when it comes to perks. 

According to tax law, rolle needs to sell a product to us - it's technically no longer a donation.

Unfortunately people who have bought tycoon have bought the product of tycoon, it sucks that rolle has decreased the value for the said rank but that shouldn't really be the issue.

We shouldn't really focus on the whole "I bought this for x." I personally see my payment for Tycoon as more of a donation, a sort of way to pitch into the community. The rewards that come with donations shouldn't really mean a whole lot to those donating. Yeah it's cool to have fancy names and colours, but at the end of the day - regardless of how much money individuals put into the community we need to understand that it is more of a gift.

Yes, legally it is a product - to me donations are more of a gift back to the community, a way of supporting it.

1 minute ago, Soofa said:

Apparently I'm listed as owning Diamond but it still says I'm Sapphire?
Wat?

I think it's a glitch or it hasn't been set up properly. I've got it too.

31 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

So a person who now donates 200 euros

We don't have donations anymore. We haven't had for almost 3 years. You purchase a specific rank and get that specific rank for the amount of money shown during checkout at the time of the purchase. You get that specific rank regardless of what it used to cost or what it will cost in the future, or if other ranks are released that offer more for the same amount of money. What rank you purchased is what you get.

This is NOT a donation system that was active 2012-2014 where you received a rank depending on the total amount you donated. That's not how things work anymore and have not for a very long time. Please stop using the term "donation" since it's completely wrong. You are not donating, you are buying things.

People who purchased Tycoon still have Tycoon and its perks, just under a different name - Sapphire. They have not lost anything.

It's kind of like getting upset that a game you purchased on Steam gets a discount, and a sequel releases and you didn't get that sequel for free because you already paid worth of both games 3 years ago.

15 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

we already paid enough money

No such thing :trolle:

Thanks for the ideas for Diamond, I'll definitely take them into consideration. I also received some color suggestions for MVP.

6 minutes ago, Roland said:

Thanks for the ideas for Diamond, I'll definitely take them into consideration. I also received some color suggestions for MVP.

You're welcome

Dang, time to spend some more money!

Interested to see what kind of extras are getting added to the "Diamond" perk.

The Sapphire colour feels kinda underwhelming, reminds of Patron. Nothing big though, it's ok

Tbh I don't see the issue. People paid 200 euros and got tycoon and its perks. Everyone still has the features they paid for. Just because Rolle decided to lower the price doesn't mean you get 100 euros back.

I really wish there was a way to easily upgrade to the next rank without dropping 100 euros. I already dropped 100 euros on this one...

7 minutes ago, Cipher said:

I really wish there was a way to easily upgrade to the next rank without dropping 100 euros. I already dropped 100 euros on this one...

You don't even know what the next rank will include, but you're already worried about upgrade cost? ?

Just now, Roland said:

You don't even know what the next rank will include, but you're already worried about upgrade cost? ?

No I mean from my current rank to the blue one, Sapphire or whatever. The jump from 75 euros to 100 should cost me 25, but instead because of the separate product thing I have to drop 100.

1 minute ago, Cipher said:

No I mean from my current rank to the blue one, Sapphire or whatever. The jump from 75 euros to 100 should cost me 25, but instead because of the separate product thing I have to drop 100.

Erm, no? Upgrade is same as before between emerald and sapphire. 25 monies