Server time: 2019-03-24, 03:46 WE ARE RECRUITING
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TODAY | 2019-03-24 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 13 hours, 13 minutes
xSaBre

Avoiding RP

Avoiding people to not get sick or get captured is not the same as avoiding RP. Avoiding RP is actively ignoring someone trying to engage in any interaction, as far as I'm concerned running away from many armed men is far from being ignored, it's quite the opposite actually.

*shoots at man running away, missing every shot*

"Dang, he dodged all of my RP!"

Edited by GenericName

I am one of those people who would avoid others but before you call me ''RPavoider'' let me explain:

My character had lived in isolation for some time now. Due to that, he becomes less and less social. He rarely see others, and almost all the times they are far away in the distance. He is extremely neutral, and gets nervous when sees other people.

I was in a situation where I was in the middle of nowhere, taking shelter in a lonely house, when all the sudden a car stops 30 feet away from me on the road. I freeze due to shock, then 3 guys come out and start running straight towards me while a zombie spots me due to me being in front of the house and not in. So I got terrified and started running away from the zombie and the three guys. At no point did they say anything to me. They were just sprinting towards me. If they started talking to me, I would have slowed down and casually keep distance because of being intimidated. If they initiated on me of course I would stop completely.

Another situation, I was again in the middle of nowhere where I spot another person 100m in front of me. He did not saw me, he was probably heading somewhere. So I hid and I started watching him, making sure that he was going away.

Third situation, I saw a guy coming towards me but he was not interested in me because he was holding something (a tent or something like that) and he was trying to take it somewhere, so I just moved out of his way, and went around a pond that was next to me, avoiding close contact.

All these situations are the personality of my character and how he developed. He used to be social, but after seeing and participating in bad things, he doesn't like people now.

It would have been AvoidingRP if: in the first situation, the three guys started talking to me and I just kept sprinting, it would have been avoidingRP if the 3 guys initiated on me and I just keep repeating ''what? I cannot hear you'' or just kept sprinting.

My character (me) is not avoiding RP,  he avoids people. But should a RP situation happen with my character and other people, he has some unique ways to RP.

I have a bunch of simple rules my character follows:

1) 1 or 2 people, gun on back - stop and RP

2) 3+ people, gun on back - observe, sneak, RP if they don't appear sketchy

3) 1 or 2 people, gun out - gun out and RP from cover; potential hostiles

4) 3+ people, gun out, hostile "vibe" - hide, observe, but be ready to gtfo

Also, as a side note, it's pretty funny that, on my screen this thread is followed by "Why is almost everyone hostile" ?

This is the most ridiculous, self-indulgent post I've seen on any forum in quite a while. You wonder why people don't want to roleplay with you when you're an ultra-hostile group named after a group led by an excessively-parodied pop culture icon? Give me a break lmao. When you can come up with something other than X group with Y accent attacking people for Z dumb reason and actually do something interesting, like how the Saviours from the Walking Dead actually fulfill a purpose in creating a society (albeit built on slave labour), THEN maybe people will be willing to roleplay with you.

The only interesting hostile group I've roleplayed with on DayZRP was the Masquerade I think it was called, the masked dudes led by Joffrey who, whilst ultra hostile, had a twisted code of honour/morality and were creating something of a society, if a very primitive one.

Also, there's more than one way to roleplay a bad guy than "insane, may or may not hear voices, screams like a maniac during hostile situations".

On 12/29/2018 at 4:58 AM, darczon69 said:

I have a bunch of simple rules my character follows:

1) 1 or 2 people, gun on back - stop and RP

2) 3+ people, gun on back - observe, sneak, RP if they don't appear sketchy

3) 1 or 2 people, gun out - gun out and RP from cover; potential hostiles

4) 3+ people, gun out, hostile "vibe" - hide, observe, but be ready to gtfo

This ^

Well my character, personally, has had a very bad experience when approached by large groups of people (it's all in his backstory) so it would make complete sense for him to stay clear of any large groups of people when on his own, however, I just recently joined the settlement being set up by the saviours and I'm looking to join u, so personally I would never run away from u ?

Edited by William Brooks

Whenever I try to RP with the up running to me I end up getting robbed or being completely annoyed because they just scream and are crazy. And lets be honest, just imagine it's the apocalypse...just imagine like for two minutes, imagine that 5 people are running to you and you are all alone or just with one friend and that group has guns on back or in hands - what is your first instinct? I know for sure that mine isn't "Holy moly, I'll go to talk to them"...

For example, yesterday in Kabanino, a group of people (from what I gathered from a guy I was RPing with was the New Moon) just came into Kabanino, started jumping into a base that isn't theirs, when they were told to get out they outright said "No, fuck you" and then they tell the whole town "Everyone put your hands up or you're dead"? Not exactly enforcing the good guy vibe when you see a large group running towards you.

Edited by SallivieN

On 12/28/2018 at 8:34 PM, xSaBre said:

Okay so I know I’m not the only one noticing this I know.

Me and my group (Saviors) have noticed a lot of people avoiding roleplay. I see why people do this, like if you see a group of people running towards you I can see why you would run away. It’s just extremely annoying when we try to roleplay with people when the second they see us, they run away. 

So if your one of these people just know your taking away from someone else’s roleplay experience. 

-Clay Cassidy.

That being said I don't think I've ever had an experience with Saviors that didn't end with me getting initiated on. Whether I had a hunting backpack and an M4 or a taloon and a mosin. 

So yeah I mean, I tend to stay away from the triangle and stay away from the territory that your group roams. Same with the Mexicans when they were around. 

Idk. I don't mean this too come off as hateful, but hostile RP is a lot more fun for the initiating party. Got kinda tired of just getting robbed all the time, so I tend to just stay away from high-trafficked areas. Call it avoiding RP, I call it playing smart. 

On 12/29/2018 at 3:00 AM, AndreyQ said:

Avoiding people does not mean avoiding RP. Those are 2 different things. People run away from groups due to a plethora of reasons, some even stated here by others. I don't have to stop and talk with everyone I see on the road. Avoiding RP would be you not responding to someone IG at all or you logging out as soon as someone tries to RP with you.

This.

It's the sprinting my dudes. Jesus, when some of you Saviour guys starting sprinting after me in Noveya after I saw you fuckers coughing your lungs up, my character pissed himself (so did I). I even climbed a roof ?