Server time (UTC): 2019-11-19, 03:54
Sign in to follow this  
Alex

Namalsk Official Teaser Trailer

I wish they showed more, don't know what to think about it. But hope its gonna be great.

If its anything like the original, it will be a complete nightmare.....perfect! 

The original map was great and loaded with atmosphere. From the creepy children laughing in the wind, the bloodsuckers ( on most servers ), underground areas, desolate frozen wastelands and tight packed main city. It was a great smaller map that had alot of charm. I'm still under the impression that Taviana was the best map made for Arma DayZ, but Namalsk was a close rival. Hope to see many improvements made to this map, I'd love an addition of more islands around it connected via frozen waterways.

@Roland if this map comes out, can we test it And maybe use it?

8 hours ago, AndreyQ said:

Waiting to see more before I get excited over it.

9 hours ago, Craig said:

I wish they showed more, don't know what to think about it. But hope its gonna be great.

Sumrak did 2 interviews and showcased like most of the map ages ago

21 minutes ago, Alex said:

Sumrak did 2 interviews and showcased like most of the map ages ago

I'll search for it and give it a watch, thanks.

Interesting, looks like they are making Arma lore apart of DayZ. If you notice in the beginning it says the player is a member of CTRG NATO's secret tier 1 special operations unit from ARMA 3.

Would this be used if it did come out? It would seem people on DayZRP are very keen on keeping the Chernarus map considering the work and lore they have built for it.

Ofcourse, change would also be nice, new shit from scratch, but i'm quite new so dunno.

Yes please! But how would this affect the server if admins decide to use it? Server changes to Nalmask? I would love (i know where is no way though) if Nalmask is implemented in the current server map (chernarus) and have it like a huge island far south in the sea.

Edited by TheSilent12

Namalsk without bloodsuckers and radiation storms isn't Namalsk.

The provided Lore sets Namalsk in the Bering Sea close to Russia. There is a whole campaign dedicated to it for those of you who might not be aware. It's actually really well made and a lot of fun. Back in the late days of A2 DayZRP mod (late Dec 2014) we had an Epoch server running on Namalsk. If memory serves we just said survivors had gone there to research the virus and a couple had gone to start a new life away from Chernarus. It was a sort of ending for our characters as that Lore came to an end. I used it as a proper ending point for my character basically to get an Mi-17 flying with this Russian CDF pilot friend and try to fly to Alaska, with a plan to eventually head down to the continental USA and go home. He had betrayed all his closest friends because he felt the new allies he made were more effectual and didn't pretend to be altruistic. 

Only reason I bring that story up is because if we implement this it might be a good way for some characters to start a new existence or create a sort of go between from Chernarus to there. Granted these places are thousands of miles away but with Lore factions and story who knows what we could come up with. There is the NAC (Namalsk Corporation), and not to mention local Russian factions and it's general proximity to America. 

If and when we open a Namalsk server we could come up with a neat backstory to connect it with our Lore. Lots of potential to explore infection lore and history too. 

Also this:

12 minutes ago, Zero said:

Namalsk without bloodsuckers and radiation storms isn't Namalsk.

On 12/27/2018 at 8:16 PM, Major said:

If and when we open a Namalsk server

So it's a guarantee? 

Namalsk will be great to have. I'd plus one. 

I'd love to see this, even incorporated into our lore. Already gave a certain someone rough ideas on how to tie this in and spin it forth.

Might prolly work best with S2 covering Namalsk and in that case, a different hive would not matter or, more specifically, make more sense.

To be honest, I also would not mind incorporating Stalker lore or aspects into a potential DayZRP Namalsk. We can be creative and bend anything until it fits. Crazy weather or mutants might not be too far out of the picture, if you tie this to an ominous or state actor, meaning we could have a unique environment on S2 with this map.

It'd be great to see infection lore be the main focus of Namalsk, Make Namalsk a more horror-themed map. IN Chenarus in RP the groups and other people are a major threat, make the creatures on Namalsk a major threat. Would be interesting to see characters who felt the infected were easy to deal with to go to Namalsk and see all the mutated zombies or mutants on the island.

(Assuming Bloodsuckers and Radiation Storms will still be a thing. Maybe infected animals as well?)

I hope the entire map is a frozen lake with that one submarine on it. And we all fight for the submarine and then post radio chatters about who won and who didnt win. 

5 hours ago, Wumbyyy said:

I hope the entire map is a frozen lake with that one submarine on it. And we all fight for the submarine and then post radio chatters about who won and who didnt win. 

yikes

Edited by Jackfish

Namalsk is actually a map I've avoided playing entirely, somehow.

I look forward to finally getting lost again. 

5 hours ago, LightGhillie said:

It'd be great to see infection lore be the main focus of Namalsk, Make Namalsk a more horror-themed map. IN Chenarus in RP the groups and other people are a major threat, make the creatures on Namalsk a major threat. Would be interesting to see characters who felt the infected were easy to deal with to go to Namalsk and see all the mutated zombies or mutants on the island.

(Assuming Bloodsuckers and Radiation Storms will still be a thing. Maybe infected animals as well?)

This, roughly. I feel having a different map (ideally existing next to SZ so we can expand, without taking away, if that makes sense) would also offer the chance to try something new not just with locations, but emphasis on different settings. Maybe we don't have to use exact copies of certain STALKER mutants as opponents, but we can be flexible with the lore and dynamic. A bit of leeway could explain "special infected" that are different. But I feel this would notably depend on modders and mods.

Even if that won't be a thing, at least the 'new' map in general will offer a fresh air of sorts, and a new setting that could or likely will have its own focus on other factions, as it's unlikely most groups would exist in two places at the same time effectively, not counting bigger lore factions.

I think this will be a map with some mods inside of it (snowstorm etc). Hopefully the creator will not ask to much money so we can use it ? 

EDIT: add nighttime, it looks sick, check trailer.

Edited by Jackfish