Server time: 2017-10-23, 15:32
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Pidde

Radios? Why do you need to drop them during robberies?

Pidde    0

Ay'e, just wondering why you need to drop your radio when you're getting robbed? Does it make you be able to call for backup over any VOIP program without MGing? Thank you in advance!

Ego    1

Its to stop you from calling in help over whatever communication device e.g Skype or TS.

Jonesy    0

Exactly, the idea is once you've dropped your radio you should mute your teamspeak to cut off any communication you may have.

Guest Slip   
Guest Slip

Exactly, the idea is once you've dropped your radio you should mute your teamspeak to cut off any communication you may have.

This is the general rule of thumb.

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

Yeah, ofcourse in-game the robber cannot hear you speaking over TS OOCly, but ICly he should be able to hear and see you using your radio to contact your fellows, hence it's considered powergaming if you speak over your radio whilst being held at gunpoint or if someone is within your proximity, technically.

Guest Boris Drakov   
Guest Boris Drakov

Normally this isn't the case though, they still remain using their radio, even when it's been removed.

Osaka    28

Normally this isn't the case though, they still remain using their radio, even when it's been removed.

The Bandit will probably record the robbery, and for example, the radio is "dropped" and the victim is taken to a remote location, then the "backup" cannot find the victim.

If they do, the victim will be banned for metagaming.

Guest Boris Drakov   
Guest Boris Drakov

The Bandit will probably record the robbery, and for example, the radio is "dropped" and the victim is taken to a remote location, then the "backup" cannot find the victim.

If they do, the victim will be banned for metagaming.

Perhaps I should have recorded then.

Osaka    28

Bandits should ALWAYS record their robberies to counter any trolls who want vengeance for their crap.

Perhaps I should add that they don't mean for you to actually drop the item called "radio" in-game. You only "roleplay" (read: act) to drop your radio (which means muting your teamspeak or whatever, like suggested above).

Khardia    0

If bandits don't want to record, they can still write the action of taking out the radio. It'll show up in logs.

That being said, recording is a "must" for the bandits. If you don't want to record, you can also stream :)

As Osaka said, if you tell the victims to drop the radio or that you take the radio, and they still communicate with their team OOC'ly, they can be banned for meta-gaming.

Rolo    0

If you're robbing someone you ask them to drop their 'Radio' (TeamSpeak or some other coms with his/her friends) and then I usually break their radio, this means that they cannot tell their friends that he/she is being robbed and when he/she is being taken. If they do this is classed MetaGaming

MattScoped    0

but what if you lie oh sorry bandit scum i dont have a radio but you acctualy do and its hidden in your butt cheeks and he doesnt frisk you then imo thats the robbers fault??

i remember a day back a few months when that "rule of thumb" never applied. this thread made me shed a tear of hope :) I applaud this thread.

but what if you lie oh sorry bandit scum i dont have a radio but you acctualy do and its hidden in your butt cheeks and he doesnt frisk you then imo thats the robbers fault??

thats metagaming/godmodding.

Ethanorg    0

Ay'e, just wondering why you need to drop your radio when you're getting robbed? Does it make you be able to call for backup over any VOIP program without MGing? Thank you in advance!

It means that you may not AT ALL have any contact via teamspeak,skype, and other communication software, you can't call for backup because RP wise you have no radio and to call for help would be Metagaming. if you are told to and actually want to comply then tell them "it's on the floor" to RP. but i would recommend to inform any allies if you are approaching "sketchy" characters, or a road block and say "ok guys i might be robbed" and if you have time tell them your location i would recommend you do so, then if the people tell you to drop it or they say I've just smashed your radio, end the call , mute the teamspeak and hopefully your allies understand you've just been robbed and go to your location to assist you.

Pidde    0

It means that you may not AT ALL have any contact via teamspeak,skype, and other communication software, you can't call for backup because RP wise you have no radio and to call for help would be Metagaming. if you are told to and actually want to comply then tell them "it's on the floor" to RP. but i would recommend to inform any allies if you are approaching "sketchy" characters, or a road block and say "ok guys i might be robbed" and if you have time tell them your location i would recommend you do so, then if the people tell you to drop it or they say I've just smashed your radio, end the call , mute the teamspeak and hopefully your allies understand you've just been robbed and go to your location to assist you.

Ok nice, thx for all of. The responses, I thought the radio was an item in game

Glenn    10

I always tell my location at all time, when i don't contact they search for me.

That is a good way to keep track of friends.

Or when i spot a person i instantly report my location and status.