Server time: 2019-03-18, 14:28 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Unknown Entity

Are we going to be getting new rules?

I've seen numerous discussions on the forums, but I don't recall any official staff stance on the below matters.

DayZ is finally in a state where we can do more than just roam around. 2 additions to the game that I personally believe need some more rules around are bases, and vehicles.

1 - Vehicles

There have been some reports up with issues involving cars, mainly, people getting initiated on while driving at high speeds, and getting killed for not complying.

2 - Bases

More and more people are building bases. This is great, and will bring some new interesting RP. However some issues can arise, a few examples: Is breaking into a base considered a hostile action? Can one claim an entire zone that spawns important loot (for example, Green mountain)? 

Please note I am not asking specifically what is a rule-break here, but if there are any plans on implementing more rules regarding vehicles and bases?

Thanking you

As of this moment there are no drafts for any rule changes.

1. I believe we will add requirement to use text to initiate (in general, not just on vehicles). That should help.

2. No special rules for bases really, you can build whenever you want. Building in high value areas like Green Mountain you mention is balanced because there's much higher risk of getting raided there, so I don't think we need any restrictions like that. As for breaking in/stealing it counts just like stealing from tents before. Always initiate, since people stealing or breaking in may not be aware that the stuff is yours.

Sign in to follow this