Server time: 2019-03-23, 07:22 WE ARE RECRUITING
The Nikitin Prodejna - Trade Post Event
TOMORROW | 2019-03-24 17:00:00 (server time) | Starts in 1 day, 9 hours, 37 minutes
bighamma15

Why is almost everyone hostile

7 minutes ago, Blake said:

It would be boring as hell if everyone sat around their campfires and told stories tbh. 

Nah man I love running into debug and hoarding gear and sitting around a campfire telling my backstory over and over again, you should try it some time.

On 12/23/2018 at 3:18 AM, CaliforniaRP said:

ive been roleplaying on a neutral character for like 5 days now and not once have i been robbed, kidnapped, assaulted, etc.

imo server is too friendly, but hey. 

I have the same opinion. I have experienced some hostile RP, but not as much as I would have expected. In fact, I would like to see more of it.

Of course I have never been able to assemble a car, that's obviously the reason in this case!

Edited by William89

Well often hostile RP is fine in my opinion, what I think is not fine is being hostile just for the sake. I once got robbed just cause i was wearing a vest, they did nothing else, just ''put the vest on the ground, and put your hands up'' they took the vest and just left. Anyway, I don't like how some are hostile or have bad attitude only when in groups like saying they will cut everyone's throats, kill everyone, but when they are alone they completely change personality and turn into chatty goody goody, that in my opinion breaks character. 

Hostile RP is fine, as long as it makes sense.

1 hour ago, ShaneKOS said:

Nah man I love running into debug and hoarding gear and sitting around a campfire telling my backstory over and over again, you should try it some time.

Will make sure to do so, my good pal Shane ❤️?

On 12/28/2018 at 1:20 AM, TheSilent12 said:

what I think is not fine is being hostile just for the sake

I disagree with this point. I think that evil can't be justified, it should be primarily for the sake of it, in my opinion.

Otherwise big groups start wars with each other, have fun RPing with each other... and exclude individuals who are alone, so this happens:

On 12/23/2018 at 3:18 AM, CaliforniaRP said:

ive been roleplaying on a neutral character for like 5 days now and not once have i been robbed, kidnapped, assaulted, etc.

People who are alone should be easier to rob than big groups. But, like the person above, I am not usually attacked by anybody because I am friendly (and sometimes I would like to be attacked for no reason!).

But each person will have a different opinion, depending on his experience and what he thinks is funny.

Edited by William89

Simply put, hostilities are an integral part of life. Especially role playing an apocalypse. I say go with the flow, don't get too upset over it, and see where it takes you. Some of the best RP I've gotten has come from random hostilities that at the time felt unwarranted but later become major parts of my characters story. Be open to hostilities and not too quick to judge or question why people are doing something. 9/10 they have a reason, even if you might not know it at the time.

8 hours ago, William89 said:

I disagree with this point. I think that evil can't be justified, it should be primarily for the sake of it, in my opinion.

Otherwise big groups start wars with each other, have fun RPing with each other... and exclude individuals who are alone, so this happens:

I realize I did not say it right what I meant. I mean being hostile without it making sense. Like for example: If you are in a group where the group goal is being the most dominating, and take complete control of a town and rob everyone who enters it. That same group sees a lonely person, in the middle of nowhere, who has almost nothing on him and initiates on him just cause evil. It doesn't make sense in my opinion cause it has nothing to do with the groups goal and the group will gain nothing out of it since they do not know who he is or will they ever see him again.

Or if the a guy plays evil character, sees someone else who doesn't seem intimidating at all, and starts threatening him just cause evil and robs him cause evil, like what is he gonna accomplish by that? Being and a$$ to him is fine, if that's the character the player plays but being evil just cause evil? If you think about it, every evil villain you know from movies/games/books is evil because of something that happened, or because he has a goal he is aiming for.

Being evil cause evil is fine, but it has to make sense. Cause otherwise it would look like the player got bored so he: ''gosh i am bored, i am gonna rob/take hostage the next guy i see and have fun with him and make him do stuff'' Cause it would seem that you are implementing your emotion on your character who actually in some cases should have different emotion from the player, thus doing stuff that would not make sense for the character, after all he has a role to play.

I cannot express it exactly what I mean, cause this is a flexible andtough topic but i hope i came close to the point I am trying to make.

With almost 500 hours on this server, I only got robbed once and that was due to me not compling with their demands, as robbery was not their original goal.

I usually travel in well kept high quality clothes with plenty of high powered rifles at my disposal. Cars are my favorite means of transport. Like someone in the thread said, I think people are almost "too" friendly.

Or maybe I'm just lucky ?

As for my opinion, I have no issues with hostile people or groups since it's the most realistic way to react to the unknown in this harsh world. Hell, even the good guys are wary and not immediately trusting.

People are hostile, there is no civility anymore.

People are also pricks, you should expect and prepare yourself for a solid pricking.

Power items like high end kit/anything wheeled will make you a target no matter how many killers you have.

Only played a couple of hours recently, but everyone I met so far no matter the nqtionality or profession of the character was rather nice - even in high loot areas. Maybe I'm just lucky, but surely not everyone is hostile.

I don't think a lot of people are hostile. Depending how you talk to them, depends on their motives.

I have a character with Multiple Personality Disorder, people would FREAK out normally. I used to since I wasn't educated and people used to think they were psychos back in the day. Literally everyone I meet I'm on neutral terms with. 

Just wait until until I add buildable barricades for road blocks..  oof

I've had nothing but friendly experiences since I've returned.  Not been initiated on once.  Maybe some people just have bad luck, carry the best gear, or say stupid things.

It really depending on who you meet and what type of character you are. Only hostile encounters Iv had are a few groups but once you know about them and there story it’s undertsandable. Iv been lucky and met some friendly people who have taken me on awesome adventures and getting into people’s  stories even tho Iv made my character sound “ creepy “ as iv been told on a few occasions but this also makes people instantly not like me and get told to in the kindest way “ go away “ but that’s fine 

most of the time, people are hostile towards you because you started it or indirectly started it.

the rest of the time, you record it and launch a report.

If you read some group goals they are mostly looking to rule over Chernarus entirely so you shouldn't be surprised if you are getting held up a lot being around a group of people. Maybe just play more safely and sneak around in the shadows to avoid having your cover blown and then asked what you're doing and then robbed.