Server time: 2017-10-22, 17:29
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Soren

Lame Robberies Discussion

Soren    0

So, after playing DayZRP for a few weeks, and really liking it, I start seeing these things that I really don't appriciate, and here is one of them, and I would love for all of you to come with opinions on this topic, which is: Robberies

I love the fact that robberies take place on this server, and you can get out alive of every situation if you play your cards right, but something is starting to bother me. Let me give you an example.

Yestoday I was getting robbed by some guys who were a lot more than us, and we therefor thought to ourselfes "Let's just try drop our weapon for once, and see what adventure this may bring"

We were then told to get out of the vehicle, and just run to the coast.... Now this was not just extremely disapointing, but also really lame. Where is the roleplay at? I have many times now, been stopped and told to drop my stuff and just run to the coast and never come back.

I know that it's not against the rules, but really, I hate the fact that people can do so little roleplay out of a situation like that, where I would actually rather start shooting and trying to kill a few of them, instead of knowing I just drop my weapon, and it's over.

When I heard this server had robberies involved, I expected hostages, kidnapping and stuff like that. So instead of just being told "run to the coast and don't come back", I would be disarmed and brough in the vehicle to who knows where, where I would have to tell my friends that they had to come help me, for of course the kidnappers price.. Dam dam daaaam! Already a lot more interesting!

What are you guys' thoughts on this? I know this may just sound like moaning for getting robbed, but really, I just wish there was some rules against lame robberies, afterall this is a roleplaying server.

Thank you

Frayzies    6

Seems legit. I can imagine where those qualms would could from.

My strategy is to make myself so undesirable for robbing that le banditos don't even bother anymore. This means walking around without a primary. lol. :P

I wrote something about roleplaying bandits. You have to consider the fact that it's harder. You constantly have to worry about not getting shot in the face. Also, people expect more from you in terms of roleplay than from a Free Medic for example, because when a Free Medic doesn't roleplay, at least you didn't lose any stuff: in fact, you probably benefitted from it.

I could copy the whole thread because my response is basically in there. Other people wrote some interesting replies as well.

I do agree with you that the basic "drop your stuff and run" robberies are boring though. Be creative people!

Guest Cadan   
Guest Cadan

Your members did that exact thing to me, mex and fluffy about 40 minutes ago :D.

If that happens, just kill them... Simples.

Soren    0

I wrote something about roleplaying bandits. You have to consider the fact that it's harder. You constantly have to worry about not getting shot in the face. Also, people expect more from you in terms of roleplay than from a Free Medic for example, because when a Free Medic doesn't roleplay, at least you didn't lose any stuff: in fact, you probably benefitted from it.

I could copy the whole thread because my response is basically in there. Other people wrote some interesting replies as well.

I do agree with you that the basic "drop your stuff and run" robberies are boring though. Be creative people!

Oh yeah, I have read that entire thread, and I know it's difficult being a bandit. I have tried robbing a few people, and yeah it's not easy.

But still, a little creativity may bring them in danger, but it could make really interesting moments for everyone playing, and I'm sure it would be fun for both the robbers and the victim, if something cool happened.

Gina    26

When I heard this server had robberies involved, I expected hostages, kidnapping and stuff like that. So instead of just being told "run to the coast and don't come back", I would be disarmed and brough in the vehicle to who knows where, where I would have to tell my friends that they had to come help me, for of course the kidnappers price.. Dam dam daaaam! Already a lot more interesting!

What are you guys' thoughts on this? I know this may just sound like moaning for getting robbed, but really, I just wish there was some rules against lame robberies, afterall this is a roleplaying server.

Thank you

I would love to get robbed like that. Wait.. I mean... okay that sounds weird haha but you get what I mean :)

It is really a shame that it is actually allowed to rob people with only one sentence ever said.. and even kill the victim for what ever reason after that. :(

Soren    0

Your members did that exact thing to me, mex and fluffy about 40 minutes ago :D.

If that happens, just kill them... Simples.

"My members", I assume you're talking about the group of survivors my friend happened to be roaming around with.

Also, their actions is not my actions. This is a message from my perspective, not theirs. Talking from my own opinion.

Samson    0

I think that rather than make them run in a certain direction they should be taken prisoner, then RP the release or execution, which ever floats your boat.

Soren    0

I think that rather than make them run in a certain direction they should be taken prisoner, then RP the release or execution, which ever floats your boat.

Exactly. Atleast make it a longer period then 20-30 seconds.

Samson    0

Yeah, In our case we will try to see their papers and if they are not native chernarussians then we will drop them at the border.

Soren    0

Yeah, In our case we will try to see their papers and if they are not native chernarussians then we will drop them at the border.

Meh, seeing as you're from CF, and the example that I descriped in the post, was an action from CF against us, I could argue with that quote you just said.

I know you may not have been part of that, but I know for a fact that CF have done this planty of times.

Not to mention the fact that we never had a conversation with them. We were told to drop our weapon in the car, and run up the hill. They didn't respond to ANYTHING we told them, other than yelling to us they would shoot if we didn't shut up.

Samson    0

I said "we will try to" but some times it's not possible when you have people committing suicide in order to destroy gear.

Was the incident you were referring to the one at polana factory? cause if it was, the only reason we didn't RP much was because we were all planning on going off as it was very late.

Guest Governor   
Guest Governor

Before this influx of 'people' there were a fair few more robberies. It seems that people have changed due to the new 'attitude' towards DayZRP

Samson    0

Just curious what the new 'attitude' to DayZRP is?

Soren    0

I said "we will try to" but some times it's not possible when you have people committing suicide in order to destroy gear.

Was the incident you were referring to the one at polana factory? cause if it was, the only reason we didn't RP much was because we were all planning on going off as it was very late.

Yes that was the incident. And that excuse is the LAMEST excuse I've ever heard, for not roleplaying.

We did our best, trying to make it a interesting situation, by asking for ID, and offering our own ID, just to have some interaction, and some unexpected turns. But no, no response other than "Run to the coast, and never come back"..... "We were too tired to roleplay" tsk.

Samson    0

It may be the lamest but it is true, i didn't have time to faf around taking people up to the north of the map when it was 2 o'clock in the morning and i had work the next day. But the thing is didn't you come back after the first encounter? we could have easily have shot you there and then but decided not too.

Soren    0

It may be the lamest but it is true, i didn't have time to faf around taking people up to the north of the map when it was 2 o'clock in the morning and i had work the next day. But the thing is didn't you come back after the first encounter? we could have easily have shot you there and then but decided not too.

We came back because we were seeking for something interesting, dude.

Being told just to run somewhere, is not something I will follow, as I find it lame. I'd rather take a bullet to the face, comming back, then dealing with such lame RP.

We were basically giving you guys a second chance to make the situation interesting, but yet, we were just told to go away again.

If you're too tired to roleplay, then don't encounter anyone, because that excuse is not valid. If you start something, then for god sake, finish it aswell. In a cool maner next time please :)

Yes that was the incident. And that excuse is the LAMEST excuse I've ever heard, for not roleplaying.

We did our best, trying to make it a interesting situation, by asking for ID, and offering our own ID, just to have some interaction, and some unexpected turns. But no, no response other than "Run to the coast, and never come back"..... "We were too tired to roleplay" tsk.

That's total bullshit, you guys ran around me demanding ID telling me it was agasint the rules not to give ID, in voice and text. So don't try and make yourself out as roleplay saints.

Yes, the roleplay was lacking, our communication was lacking and I was trying to avoid getting shot by my allies.

Guest johannes   
Guest johannes

To do rp while robbing somebody may be difficult, but we all play on this server to encounter awesome roleplay and adventures. I, at least, don't play DayzRP to shoot the most people or to get the biggest gun. In my opinion it is all about who is rping better 'cause that makes the game going.

Samson    0

We sent you away cause we were going off, you came back a second time, we could have shot you but didn't. then we sent you away for a second time, due to the fact we were going off

How did you know we wanted to encounter someone? we may have just happened to come across you while looting the factory.

Soren    0

We sent you away cause we were going off, you came back a second time, we could have shot you but didn't. then we sent you away for a second time, due to the fact we were going off

How did you know we wanted to encounter someone? we may have just happened to come across you while looting the factory.

I know you wanted to encounter us because you did? We were driving away, if you didn't have time to rob someone in a cool way, then why not just let us drive? lol.

Anyway, this thread is not suppose to be about that incident. Lets not go off topic.

Samson    0

That's total bullshit, you guys ran around me demanding ID telling me it was agasint the rules not to give ID, in voice and text. So don't try and make yourself out as roleplay saints.

Yes, the roleplay was lacking, our communication was lacking and I was trying to avoid getting shot by my allies.

Oh, I almost compltely forgot about your OOC demands that it is a against the rules to give ID, correct me if im wrong but there is no rule saying you have to give ID when asked?

Soren    0

To round this discussion up, as I said, we tried to get some action going, instead of just having the demand of running off. So we tried talking to you guys.

Anyway, as I said to your friend, this is done now, let's not talk about it. This thread is not to talk about that incident, but the method in general.

Oh, I almost compltely forgot about your OOC demands that it is a against the rules to give ID, correct me if im wrong but there is no rule saying you have to give ID when asked?

This thread is NOT a report against you, so stop making it one. This thread is a discussion about the method used. Stop mentioning it again, please. And stay on topic. I don't care about single incidents, I care about them in general.