Server time: 2019-03-26, 23:30 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Ducky

Dealing with sickness in 1.0

A godsend.

Will try this out doctor @Ducky

@G19RP kept sneaking up on me and sneezing on me when I was tabbed out so now I am once again afflicted. I'll try this instead of F11ing myself this time. Thank you Ducky.

Just now, groovy tonyRP said:

f12 is quicker

sadcat3.png.2d2e35a7d9f6136f7abb8abc1c71680f.png

Everytime you F11 another cat cries

2 minutes ago, Night said:

F11'd like 4 times due to this. I think I popped enough pills to overdose a rhino

sadcat.png.1f449f6d84721c2e24ec08ab2ac92177.png

Haven't they suffered enough?

Edited by Ducky

And who said Campfire RP was bad? 

:trolle:

JK, thanks for these helpful hints Ducky!

I've read that officially codeine helps, but as Jim as confirmed they added in an RP codeine drug that has no effect and exists simply for role-play purposes. I believe that might be an issue as to why the tablets aren't helping cure the sickness. I've gotten conflicting reports from several people saying codeine has no effect and others saying it helped cure them. I think the issue might be that people are picking up the "fake" codeine tablets and it has no effect on them due it not being the real thing.

I hope that either the devs release a patch or ours can edit the sickness parameters. If you've gotten sick from that particular virus then you shouldn't be able to get sick again unless you die and have to respawn.. 

28 minutes ago, Ducky said:

picture of a sneezing cat. 

Me when I see a sick person in game.

good guide thank you very much

@Ducky You should make a full on guide about this or I can just move this to guides and you can keep adding info to it when we get more intel about how the disease actually works.

?Sure thing, go ahead and move it

Edited by Ducky

//moved to guides

Will try it out soon 

hope this works 

As a clarification on what I said above here is a picture. I am unsure of which one is the correct codeine that has an effect to cure the sickness. I think only one of our devs could answer like Jim or one of the others.

Spoiler

xqoNxnh.jpg

PSA for everyone: OP isn't wrong, but not correct either; this is what I have learned from getting sick 4 times and getting better from said sickness 4 times in the course of about 2 days.

When you're sick, what you're gonna want to do is stay away from other sick people. This is what many people get wrong.
If you hang around other sick people, all you do is increase the "sickness level" of everyone around you, including sick people. This leads to an endless rhinovirus orgy if you're all sitting around a campfire chugging down bleach. 

Secondly, medication might work, but it depends on what illness you have. And sometimes when they work, people might claim that they don't due to having multiple ailments. Perhaps codeine works with one disease, but not another. In the end, consuming medication that works won't matter if you're hanging around a group of sick people.

Sitting around a campfire is fine, but generally staying healthy outside of being sick helps with getting better. The excess warmth itself isn't what reduces sickness, however.

Sitting still doesn't help with all ailments (maybe some?). I've overcome illness in a full sprint across the map.

The reason "eating cooked meat" seems to help is because when you're cooking meat by a fire, you're usually by yourself and it takes a while.

TL;DR medication and campfires don't matter as much as staying away from other sick people does. 

Edited by keibancz

5 minutes ago, keibancz said:

-snip-

Well I think part of the issue is we can't find out what exactly the illness is. Is it a cholera that doesn't have the negative effects like the old version did, or is it a new illness the devs added in like a common cold. It spreads like cholera, it supposedly is caught like cholera (drinking un-purified water), but doesn't have any of the negative effects such as throwing up and dehydration. So is it not in a complete state, or is it a new sickness. Who knows.

3 minutes ago, keibancz said:

It's not really a problem when the solution is "stay away from other sick people"

Uh. It is. Yes, being around sick people helps spread it and keeps you from recovering. Stay away from sick people will definitely get rid of the sickness but not everyone is a solo rper and wants to sit alone in a house for an hour or more to get rid of it. If we knew what kind of illness it was, common cold vs cholera, then I could tell people what to use in game to fight it and stay at least 15-30 meters away from their mates.

Edited by Zero

3 minutes ago, Zero said:

not everyone is a solo rper and wants to sit alone in a house for an hour or more to get rid of it.

Well if you're hanging around other people, medications won't really help. That doesn't mean you have to be a solo RPer either, you just have to keep your distance from the other sick people (don't be in the same car, stand at opposite corners of a room, etc). If I can manage it while RPing with a dozen other people, I'm sure y'all can manage it.

Edited by keibancz

This is actually pretty useful information. I probably would have died a gazillion times over while trying to experiment with it myself. Thank you for the guide.

On 12/17/2018 at 8:28 PM, Zero said:

Well I think part of the issue is we can't find out what exactly the illness is. Is it a cholera that doesn't have the negative effects like the old version did, or is it a new illness the devs added in like a common cold. It spreads like cholera, it supposedly is caught like cholera (drinking un-purified water), but doesn't have any of the negative effects such as throwing up and dehydration. So is it not in a complete state, or is it a new sickness. Who knows.

My character calls it the slavic flu. ? 

As of time of writing, I am logging off having spent nearly 2 hours sitting next to a fire eating food and downing antibiotics and have STILL got the damned illness. My two friends who also contracted it, and were in separate buildings a hundred meters away, are in the same position. The mod should be tweaked to remove this illness entirely until there is a reliable, working method of curing it as currently there is none and it's down to luck whether or not you end up with terminal bronchitis.