Server time: 2019-03-26, 19:18 WE ARE RECRUITING
strider

Require both text & VoIP initiations on vehicles

Require vehicle initiations both via VoIP & text chat  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hello, GM Sleepy here.

I brought up a proposed rule to the big man & was told to create a suggestion thread. I think it'd be good to get more opinions from the community members prior to anything be implemented.

So, we had the rule in the past, but it has since poofed.

I'm proposing that when someone initiates on a vehicle (moving or not) they must initiate in both VoIP as well as text chat.

VoIP & text chat can both be buggy and are sometimes not heard or seen by opposing parties. This backs up my proposed rule change, as if you initiate twice at least one of those initiations are most likely going to be noticed.

Thoughts?

I disagree on the not moving part. We do the text initiations so that people can hear the initiation, and if they can clearly hear it when the car is turned off, then text shouldn't be required. If the engines on, then I'm fine with both. 

We've had cases before where people have clearly heard the initiation and decided not to comply, but then make a report afterwards because they died and use the rules against them saying they didn't do a text initiation.

When it comes down to it, you’re better off safe than sorry. The chances of both glitching at once is relatively low, but just one glitching happens all the time. Couldn’t see why this would be a problem

Edited by BreadERP

I agree, I have personally been in a car (that was off) and had a hard time hearing people and having them hear me. I also think adding Text to ALL initiations is a good idea.

Same as jamie, On a parked or still standing car it should still be VOIP. But if we are talking about a vehicle that is passing by at a decent speed, certainly yes as it gives an extra thing so people can be warned when they get initiated on

9 minutes ago, Jamie said:

I disagree on the not moving part. We do the text initiations so that people can hear the initiation, and if they can clearly hear it when the car is turned off, then text shouldn't be required. If the engines on, then I'm fine with both. 

I Agree with Jamie. No need for text initiation if the car is stood still and the engine is off, unless maybe in a future patch outside sounds get muffled when inside a vehicle, but definitely require it for moving vehicle.

Edited by Banshee

Wasn't aware that was changed. Both should definitely be required to initiate on a vehicle in my opinion, especially considering how unreliable both VOIP and text are.

... why was this even removed? I'm confused. I expect the answer to be that it's somehow covered under the "clear and unambiguous" rule. But I really think this should be stated explicitly in the rules somewhere for absolute clarity.

Make the rules a bit more clear and unambiguous themselves, especially for things like this where it's either you did or didn't initiate properly.

While we are add it add "You cannot initiate on a vehicle moving over 40 kmh without a roadblock constituting of at least 75% of the road covered" @Sleepyhead

+1, should be required for all initiations vehicle or not, considering how buggy voip is atm.

12 minutes ago, Leon_Idas said:

While we are add it add "You cannot initiate on a vehicle moving over 40 kmh without a roadblock constituting of at least 75% of the road covered" @Sleepyhead

Also +1 to this.

Edited by Bruhstice

Why not just have text and voip required period? 

Not hard to have one lad drop a cheeky text initiation while everyone else screams 

I +1 this idea.

Every so often I'll see a report or a comment pop up about how the driver/passenger of a car did not hear the initiation from a player and reported them for what they, at the time, believed to be KOS.

If we implement this rule, at the very least we would have solid proof that the aggressors did in fact initiate even if there is no video proof.

I would be one for adding this rule in general, honestly. It is always good to drop a text initiation, which really only takes a few seconds to type up. 

6 minutes ago, Oisin said:

Why not just have text and voip required period? 

Not hard to have one lad drop a cheeky text initiation while everyone else screams 

I’ve never seen the voip bug have everyone muted at once. But ye maybe.

+1 to op 

Edited by N-ToxRP

1 minute ago, N-ToxRP said:

I’ve never seen the voip bug have everyone muted at once. But ye maybe.

I mean its not hard to copy past a wee ''Put your hands up or die cunt'' just makes sense to me to have all bases covered

Just now, Oisin said:

I mean its not hard to copy past a wee ''Put your hands up or die cunt'' just makes sense to me to have all bases covered

True. I just don’t like extra work while initiating. My vocal cords like to be loud

I'll be honest I was surprised this wasn't still a rule when it came up in a report i put up recently. Having a clear text initiation definitely makes things clearer, especially as you're driving past a group of individuals all talking at once compounded with the horrifically loud sounds of vehicles. 

I would want this to be implemented. Personally I've driven past large groups at times (or some past me) and the voice chat is extremely hard to hear or just buggy in general.

Problem is, people initiate on vehicles that go 80km/h, + expecting them to stop. This generally won't happen. I don't feel text initiations is going to change anything to that.

I'd argue that it makes NO rp sense to initiate on moving vehicles, as the driver, actually driving at "normal" speeds, would not hear people speaking outside. Maybe a vehicle moving extremely slowly is debatable, and I'm fine for text+voip in that specific scenario.

Edited by uSx

I agree this is definitely needed to be implemented again.

I just can't think of a practical reason why not to, whenever I used to do dank initaitons with the boys we would, just to ensure some of the deaf buggers in our community didn't put up reports due to not hearing our "GET ON THE GROUND UNLESS U WANNA BE FERTALIZING IT FUCKERS!" for some reason... 

In ANY CASE , doing both is better than not right? Only reason I could imagine anyone not wanting to do it would be not wanting to be seen in the logs, but I can't think of any reason why being known in the logs would be an issue 0_o 

Yep.

Turned off or on, both should be required.. Thought it was anyway, I guess that was removed from the rules when the majority were removed?

@Roland I raise you my suggestion. Thoughts?

+1 for requiring text chat in vehicle initiations. 

But a big no for requiring it for all initiations including non-vehicular one.  People are saying that if you're in a group it's not a problem for one person to type out the initiation. But not everyone is in a group when they take a hostage. People take hostages solo too and it is a pain to type when you are the only one initiating.

Edited by Sunshine

woah

didn't even realise it was gone. Text initiations should be on more than just cars though. Should also be in group initiations and as well as situations where it might be hard hearing the initiator.