Server time (UTC): 2019-12-15, 17:02 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

Require recording during hostile situations

Require recording  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

well fps drops are not exaggerated, the game is already really shitty and poorly optimized- especially during situations that would warrant a need for videos.

but as per the entire topic, i am 110% against it. why should those who want to hostile rp be ostracized and, even potentially straight up not allowed to be hostile because they are unable to record? i mean i can record- but all u get is my fatass breathing in the mic and my sick ass vape rips, no game audio or nothing(idk why).

So right now everyone that is saying they get FPS drops are liars? Noice!

But seriously, the frame issue hasnt been around but for a couple of weeks

So yes there are vids of people not getting FPS lag in firefights.

But that being said, I still don't find this fair. Even if everyone has 1 person in their group that can record, like previous people have stated, what happens when said super computer man isnt on?

6 minutes ago, ExoticRP said:

Did you watch my video

I have i7-8700k 1070 32 GB of ddr4 and dayz loaded on an ssd.  It’s not an exaggeration.

Obviously there are frame drops and it's a shame that the game is the way it is at the moment. However I feel like dropping to 30fps during some wacky firefights isn't a reason not to implement a rule. It's like saying "forcing us to initiate through voip is a stupid rule because the game is buggy". This is an RP server; RP should be a priority over pvp.

If we prioritize pvp/frames over rp, we could all end up on a Roblox server for all we know lol

The more I think of it.. the more of a burden this really makes out to be.

I have to record every god damn interaction I do that's hostile, then hold on to it for like two weeks because lord knows some salty bugger will decide to report it two weeks later and if I dont ha e the video Boom I'm banned!.

That's a ton of HD space to be used for a small hobby like dayz rp. Most hostile interactions last 30 minutes or more. This is not a very practical idea.

Just now, JoffreyRP said:

The more I think of it.. the more of a burden this really makes out to be.

I have to record every god damn interaction I do that's hostile, then hold on to it for like two weeks because lord knows some salty bugger will decide to report it two weeks later and if I dont ha e the video Boom I'm banned!.

That's a ton of HD space to be used for a small hobby like dayz rp. Most hostile interactions last 30 minutes or more. This is not a very practical idea.

That's not an argument against requiring recording. I agree with your statement though, you should only be required to hold on to video recordings for a certain amount of time.

Theres a lot of people here who say people are exaggerating about the FPS drop during PVP. I dont think you should have a say in whether it happens or not unless you are an active PVPer in the current patch.

And like moody said, those videos are when there hasn't been lag. There is still a chance of lag ruining your performance and your chances of winning a firefight.

Wait I have an IDEA!

What if we have the staff spectate all hostile groups and record for them? This seems a lot easier for everyone. Maybe even get some dedicated people to just spectate hostile groups?

Just now, Finn said:

Theres a lot of people here who say people are exaggerating about the FPS drop during PVP. I dont think you should have a say in whether it happens or not unless you are an active PVPer in the current patch.

And like moody said, those videos are when there hasn't been lag. There is still a chance of lag ruining your performance and your chances of winning a firefight.

You're completely missing my point though. I'm not saying we should implement the rules because you're lying, I'm saying RP should be prioritized over PVP.

9 minutes ago, keibancz said:

+1 I feel like people exaggerate fps drops

I feel like a lot of y'all feel that 2-3 fps decrease and consider the game unplayable because of it. Kinda like how a lot of csgo players refuse to play below 144hz

I've seen plenty of pvp montages with a dozen people shooting each other where the fps is totally fine, which kinda makes me think that most claims about performance are bogus. I don't think I've ever seen a video where the fps just tanks to an unplayable amount. 

Sure, recording your game is a hassle, but there are plenty of other things you have to do to play that are also hassles.

Getting a driver's license is a hassle, but everyone's gotta do it if they wanna drive. "but it's just a different style of transportation; if I don't need a license to walk, why do I need a license to drive?"

You don’t understand the struggle. Literally, and take this absolute verbatim, I am not exaggerating when I say, my game freezes for upwards of 2 seconds when a firefight starts and maintains a low FPS throughout. 

Just now, MoodyOG said:

Wait I have an IDEA!

What if we have the staff spectate all hostile groups and record for them? This seems a lot easier for everyone. Maybe even get some dedicated people to just spectate hostile groups?

+1 give the mods something to do. 

Just now, keibancz said:

You're completely missing my point though. I'm not saying we should implement the rules because you're lying, I'm saying RP should be prioritized over PVP.

RP is prioritized over pvp tho? 

But when two groups disagree on something the logical outcome to take care of opposing side is to "take them out" so to speak

2 minutes ago, keibancz said:

That's not an argument against requiring recording. I agree with your statement though, you should only be required to hold on to video recordings for a certain amount of time.

It is an argument against recording. I do video editing on the side, I'm sure plenty of people have more use for their HDs than having 100s of gigs of more or less useless hobby RP scenarios on their comp. I dont like holding that amount of data up on my hd.

Just now, MoodyOG said:

Wait I have an IDEA!

Idk if this is sarcastic but lmao

Fidn some people who want to do nothing but spectate and I’m down.

I don't like it. Not everyone can record, simply that. 

Also...Can we get a decision on the seasons thing before another suggestion...? 

13 minutes ago, N-ToxRP said:

You don’t understand the struggle. Literally, and take this absolute verbatim, I am not exaggerating when I say, my game freezes for upwards of 2 seconds when a firefight starts and maintains a low FPS throughout. 

13 minutes ago, keibancz said:

12 minutes ago, MoodyOG said:

RP is prioritized over pvp tho? 

But when two groups disagree on something the logical outcome to take care of opposing side is to "take them out" so to speak

Well in that case it would incentivize people to talk it out. Realistically speaking, groups would probably be less inclined to fight for fear of death or injury compared to how faction wars happen in-game currently.

"discouraging pvp" would make the actual pvp encounters mean something. it'd also reduce all the "I'm an edgy ex-navy seal who's a psychopathic murderer" characters.

Edited by keibancz

1 minute ago, STAN said:

I don't like it. Not everyone can record, simply that. 

Also...Can we get a decision on the seasons thing before another suggestion...? 

I would put a gif of a slow clap but I don’t want to get points. 

I think the responsibility to record should be on the person who wants to put up a report. Since most of the time they are the ones who arent engaging in PVP. If people are forced to provide video evidence when they report it will in turn made the reporting process go much quicker as the truth will be in the video instead of deciphering who's telling the truth in walls of text.

It's also legit easy af to set up a shadow recording software in order to record the last 30 minutes.

Edited by Finn

11 minutes ago, JoffreyRP said:

I'm sure plenty of people have more use for their HDs than having 100s of gigs of more or less useless hobby RP scenarios on their comp. I dont like holding that amount of data up on my hd.

I mean, all of my recordings don't take up too much space. Then again, my disks aren't very fulI in the first place. I sometimes record in 720p or 480p to save space. "hundreds of gigs" is unnecessary hyperbole.

4 minutes ago, Finn said:

I think the responsibility to record should be on the person who wants to put up a report. Since most of the time they are the ones who arent engaging in PVP. If people are forced to provide video evidence when they report it will in turn made the reporting process go much quicker as the truth will be in the video instead of deciphering who's telling the truth in walls of text.

Why should the people who are forced into a hostile RP situation be held responsible to record? Not trying to say they don't have the burden of proof, but the initiators are the ones who knowingly entered the situation.

Plenty of people are purely campfire RP-ers who don't record so I take it upon myself to record whenever I hostileRP.

4 minutes ago, Finn said:

It's also legit easy af to set up a shadow recording software in order to record the last 30 minutes.

Then maybe the initiators should be recording?

Edited by keibancz

3 hours ago, Sleepyhead said:

I can see this going either way. However, the argument will probably always be "Well I thought they were recording!"

I hate to say it, but a lot of people have shadowplay & plays.tv. They record, they just "don't have any video evidence". ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

I know you mention "it'll be in the defending parties favor" but to what extent? We simply believe their word over the accused?

What stops me from creating a report KNOWING why I was killed, then reporting and the accused doesn't have evidence?

With the amount of 30 secs recording we've seen in reports, I'm 100% sure that many player record but either say the don't/can't or just submit the parts that don't incriminate them or contradict their PoV. There's no reason whatsoever a honest player wouldn't want hostile actions recorded to cover his ass in case of a report. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6 minutes ago, GenericName said:

There's no reason whatsoever a honest player wouldn't want hostile actions recorded to cover his ass in case of a report. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

From what I can gather, the only other arguments against requiring recording is game performance during pvp and people not wanting to be heard talking to their mom over an open mic. Neither of which I think is a reason to not implement this rule.

Also are we all just gonna ignore the suggestion about having the staff observe the RP in the server? I can't imagine that would be too much to ask of them and it'd solve everyone's disagreements. Plus it'd be nice to have the moderators actually moderate in-game instead of just on the forums through people's recordings and whatnot. +1 from me @Roland 

Edited by keibancz

7 minutes ago, keibancz said:

Why should the people who are forced into a hostile RP situation be held responsible to record? Not trying to say they don't have the burden of proof, but the initiators are the ones who knowingly entered the situation.

Plenty of people are purely campfire RP-ers who don't record.

Then maybe the initiators should be recording?

Initiators shouldn't record because they arent knowingly being reported.

Hostile groups enter possibly from 1-5 hostile interactions sometimes, and now it should be their responsibility to find enough space to save 10+ gigs of videos just in case someone reports them? Instead of putting the burden on the person who will record that single interaction because they feel like putting up a report?

Edited by Finn

I don’t think this should be a requirement.

Also @Roland what happens if the person from group A who is recording the situation gets shot at the start

1 minute ago, Finn said:

Initiators shouldn't record because they arent knowingly being reported.

Hostile groups enter possibly from 1-5 hostile interactions sometimes, and now it should be their responsibility to find enough space to save 10+ gigs of videos just in case someone reports them? Instead of putting the burden on the person who will record that single interaction because they feel like putting up a report?

That's kinda like saying the police shouldn't wear bodycams because it's the citizen's responsibility to record their interactions to report police misconduct. And just like with police, in the end it'll also probably go in the favor of the PVPers anyway to clear up false reports. Think of all of the times y'all get reported by some salty boi who lost his hunting backpack and someone gets warnings or ya gotta write POVs and such that could've been avoided if you just recorded.

And like I said before, pvp and hostile RP should be treated differently than campfire RP. The burden is on you for involving other players in something they didn't choose to be part of. 

37 minutes ago, keibancz said:

Getting a driver's license is a hassle, but everyone's gotta do it if they wanna drive. "but it's just a different style of transportation; if I don't need a license to walk, why do I need a license to drive?"

4 minutes ago, keibancz said:

Also are we all just gonna ignore the suggestion about having the staff observe the RP in the server? I can't imagine that would be too much to ask of them and it'd solve everyone's disagreements. Plus it'd be nice to have the moderators actually moderate in-game instead of just on the forums through people's recordings and whatnot. +1 from me @Roland 

GameMasters do that already, but only when they encounter rule breaks themselves while playing, or if they are reported to them by someone else. We don't have manpower to fly around the map and monitor everyone. We don't even have manpower to spectate a single group ? Especially since current version of staff tools do not include a map where we can see where the players actually are, that will be added in next version. Moderators cannot use staff tools in game, access to that is a large responsibility that shouldn't be gained after just getting promotion from support.