Server time (UTC): 2019-12-15, 22:20 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
Roland

Require recording during hostile situations

Require recording  

198 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yikes. I’ll stop before this becomes an endless train of back and forth. I’d just rather not be forced to record in the first place.

20 minutes ago, Jadeboat said:

Tbh recording isn't that hard to do unless you're on a potato but even so have the guy who doesn't play on a potato record. Personally, I think that'd it make reports 10 times easier and I've got nothing against needing video evidence to report, but at the same time I don't think the entire group should be punished for not having video that's just overkill and in a sense double dip.

If you have nothing to hide and haven't broken any rules than there's no issues giving in a recording. Plus if there's 30 minutes of rp prior to the situation that has no involvement whatsoever in a report that was put up,  you snip it. No need to post 2 hours of recording for a 15 minute situation; as far as I'm concerned there's no invasion of privacy to record a hostile situation in a role play server unless you're literally announcing your credit card information on repeat.

I agree entirely Jadeboat. Very good response to the thread!!!!!

Not recording...have a 1080 and i7

get 6fps in firefights, you cant expect us to do this

like its going to discourage hostile rp

But hey lets go back to old rules where if you have a "green" character you cant be held up, seems like this is where everything is headed

Edited by MoodyOG

2 minutes ago, N-ToxRP said:

I’d just rather not be forced to record in the first place.

But if Roland decides to make it a rule, you'll have to figure it out somehow. Just giving suggestions ?‍♀️

39 minutes ago, Max said:

I think that this would limit Hostile RP, but I think that there can be some good in that.

I think it would only slightly reduce the quantity of hostile RP. What it'd actually do is improve hostile RP.

1 minute ago, Rabbit said:

This is a fine idea, every computer except for the worst potato can record in like 800x600.

Now see, I kind of agree with this. If I can record in something that won’t molest my frame rate I might like this a little more

Just now, keibancz said:

But if Roland decides to make it a rule, you'll have to figure it out somehow. Just giving suggestions ?‍♀️

That’s fair. I just really don’t like the idea so imma hardcore protest.

2 minutes ago, MoodyOG said:

Not recording...have a 1080 and i7

get 6fps in firefights, you cant expect us to do this

How is this even possible? I have a much worse setup and stream with 60fps

Just now, Rabbit said:

Because the game is a mess right now? 

You'd know if you took part in any conflict going on in game.

Just now, Rabbit said:

Poorly optimized. Bohemia tends to do that tbh

Just now, MoodyOG said:

Because the game is a mess right now? 

You'd know if you took part in any conflict going on in game.

That doesn't make any sense.

People tend to behave better when they know they are being filmed. I actually think this will improve the RP.

I know for fact that Arma players tend to "put their serious face on" more easily if they know they are being recorded in an operation. Just an anecdote.

And these guys arent even roleplayers.

Edited by Nikolai B.

41 minutes ago, Jadeboat said:

as far as I'm concerned there's no invasion of privacy to record a hostile situation in a role play server unless you're literally announcing your credit card information on repeat.

I agree with most of your post aside from this in some cases. People have different levels of privacy for themselves. What one person sees as perfectly fine*, another really doesn't want half the community to know because it's mentioned in the background by someone's mom.

But on the main topic, privacy isn't a factor when (as I mentioned earlier) if it's private, then staff themselves can keep the video for the purposes of dealing with the report. Considering it's happened countless times and will continue to pop up from time-to-time, it's a non-factor really.

Edited by Callie

3 minutes ago, Rabbit said:

They're running like 500 tabs of Chrome in the background and have like 20 viruses from torrenting anime.

Edited by keibancz

Just now, Rabbit said:

That doesn't make any sense.

How does this not make sense? Anyone who has pvped in the last couple weeks knows how terrible the frames are in firefights, which is the main thing being targeted with this. But you want us to record and making it even harder to do anything hostile related

1 minute ago, MoodyOG said:

knows how terrible the frames are in firefights

I've never had fps issues during PVP; I can't imagine I'm the only one.

Edited by keibancz

3 minutes ago, keibancz said:

They're running like 500 tabs of Chrome in the background and have like 20 viruses from torrenting anime.

How does this not make sense? Anyone who has pvped in the last couple weeks knows how terrible the frames are in firefights, which is the main thing being targeted with this. But you want us to record and making it even harder to do anything hostile related

See here

Edited by Rabbit

1 minute ago, keibancz said:

?????????

Then you have never been in a 10+ firefight happens all the time

this is a -1

@Roland I dont wanna get hit becose I crash ? becose dayz is dayz

4 minutes ago, keibancz said:

I've never had fps issues during PVP.

Its honestly a case by case sometimes. The majority have fps issues.

6 minutes ago, Nikolai B. said:

People tend to behave better when they know they are being filmed. I actually think this will improve the RP.

I know for fact that Arma players tend to "put their serious face on" more easily if they know they are being recorded in an operation. Just an anecdote.

And these guys arent even roleplayers.

Thats because imo it puts you in the spotlight. I dont want to play like the staff team is breathing down my neck. If I get banned I get banned thats how it is. But I get on every night after school to have fun not to be on edge about breaking rules.

Edited by N-ToxRP

1 minute ago, keibancz said:

This thread is a meme, its literally campfire rp vs hostile rp. 

And I haven't had any bad reports of people saying my groups hostile rp is bad. But you want us to have to take a step back and record and basically handicap someone in my group for the sake of what?

Why make it even more of a hassle for people? Its already annoying as fuck right now to get in game only to be met with sub 20 fps or less when gunshots ring out. Not everyone has a PC that can record decent quality using OBS and not everyone has access to shadowplay. No one should be forced to record when they just want to get in game and roleplay a bit. It turns it into a chore instead of a fun activity you choose to set aside time for. 

This thread is a meme, its literally campfire rp vs hostile rp. 

And I haven't had any bad reports of people saying my groups hostile rp is bad. But you want us to have to take a step back and record and basically handicap someone in my group for the sake of what?

How is this campfire rp vs hostile rp?

The only way this makes sense is if you're scared of being recorded.

Edit: Also, only ONE person has to record, not you necessarily?

Edited by Rabbit

9 minutes ago, keibancz said:

I think it would only slightly reduce the quantity of hostile RP. What it'd actually do is improve hostile RP.

Yes, sorry, this is essentially what I meant ? 

Just now, MoodyOG said:

I haven't had any bad reports of people saying my groups hostile rp is bad

Yeah y'all have some nice hostile RP; I enjoy it. Maybe not recording a situation should only be punished if the mods think the report is valid?

3 minutes ago, N-ToxRP said:

it puts you in the spotlight

I feel like if you're gonna initiate on people and force players into RP, you aught to be put in the spotlight. 

Once again, because I already try to have one person record in my group, and whoever it is usually is handicapped with terrible fps.

This is something that should only be recommended.

And not really scared of being recorded, its just i have no filter when it comes to talking with friends. Its not that any of those crude humor jokes are aimed at anyone its just not something I want people to hear if they are sensitive to dark humor

1 minute ago, RebelRP said:

Group A which have 5 people attack group B which have 5 people.

The one who records for group A dies within the first minutes, then what?

The game isnt stable, my own shadowplay tends to just stop working for sometimes 30minutes up to 2 days.

If you want to report someone it should be up to you to have video evidence.

Also recording makes the game even more laggy.

And for Rolles whole statment that we should punish groups as a collective. Do we really even need to adress that? Person X from group A initiates on person Y from group B for whatever reason he might have, for now lets say personal vendetta. He fails to record and now we punish group A even though some of them might have been offline during the scene or not even involved? This will cause people who risk getting permabanned stop playing with their own friends then simply stop playing the game because they can't play with their own friends.

Just a few months ago this community was on the brink of being shut down due to NO activity at all, now you can argue .63 brought people back but the truth is that the rules change and amensty brought activity back to dayzrp, people could now play with their friends again, so why are we again trying to put limitations on the game which will cause more inactivity? 

Once again to what Roman said, if you want to report somebody, record it.

9/10 times you can see somebody getting ready to drop the initation on you.

Honestly, although I support the recording, I can see why less limitations is a good thing.

Also I agree that group punishment is not a good idea.

I just think it would be a better community if we had more people recording, how best to implement that I don't know though.