Server time (UTC): 2020-01-29, 06:36 WE ARE RECRUITING
Sign in to follow this  
JimRP

24th Blvd and Prigorodki Street XII, South Zagoria

Not your finest graphical work Jim, but the groups roots look great!

Ayyy vato, threads looking good holmes

Me likey

I was expecting this, good luck amigos!

Damn, that's how it is uh? ?

I like, I like very much

I cant wait for the graphics update. Always good graphical work from you Jim.

Good luck. 

Best of luck with this Jimbo

Get ready for the Garcia family.

good luck with the group!

I have been called upon 

Armenian Power graffiti.jpg

S/S 24th AP 13 ebK

jimrp with the spicy san andreas meme

Edited by Xavier

gang

Good luck with the group guys

58 minutes ago, Gatorr said:

so the Armenian gang is all mexican? I dont see whats Armenian about this group

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Mexicans

All the characters that are added to the group are all at least half Armenian, there's only a couple of exceptions but those exceptions are hispanic which the rest of the group is okay with. That's how gangs work in real life. Please do some research next time, thanks.

Armenian Power is also heavily influenced by the Hispanic gangs in the US/South America.

A lot of real-world Armenians dislike the group due to the whole acting like Hispanic gangsters. Also despite being rivals with Mara Salvatrucha and some other Mexican gangs, they still have allies like Sureños which could justify working with Mexicans and or having Mexicans in their gang due to the state of the world in the current lore.

3 minutes ago, JimRP said:

All the characters that are added to the group are all at least half Armenian, there's only a couple of exceptions but those exceptions are hispanic which the rest of the group is okay with. That's how gangs work in real life. Please do some research next time, thanks.

So theres 400-500 people in the entire country of mexico that have some armenian descent and that justifies making an entire Armenian group of all mexicans? If the characters are obviously portrayed as mexican I dont see why not just make it a mexican gang. It seems like a bit of a reach imo

Just now, Stannis said:

Armenian Power is also heavily influenced by the Hispanic gangs in the US/South America.

A lot of real-world Armenians dislike the group due to the whole acting like Hispanic gangsters. Also despite being rivals with Mara Salvatrucha and some other Mexican gangs, they still have allies like Sureños which could justify working with Mexicans and or having Mexicans in their gang due to the state of the world in the current lore.

True and that is why I wrote my character's backstory that he grew up in a Sureño hood. There's many (not THAT many) but enough armenian-hispanic gangs in real life.

HYPE AF

3 minutes ago, JimRP said:

Not to be argumentative or anything but it literally says on that page that pretty much all Armenians that immigrated to Mexico came after the Armenian genocide in the ottoman empire and that the number of them that came was around 300 and barely any of them even stayed in mexico and most immigrated to the US, you can also find that info here http://historyofarmenia.org/2017/06/20/armenian-community-mexico/, so you must be pretty lucky to have that many Armenian Mexicans in your group. As well as this Armenian and Mexican/Chicano Gangs in the United States have a history of Gang violence against one another https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Power. I do not personally see that kind of specific racial mixing being allowed into a type of gang of which has had a history of keeping within their own ethnic group.

Just my two cents, but i would not go around telling people to do their research when said research refutes your argument. anyways, good luck with the group.

To further add to @Stannis' point, the basis of the gang being Armenian as opposed to Mexican works of the geographical location of Chernarus, as it's quite close to Armenia itself. Armenian Power 13 (which is what this group is based off) is within the Sureño car and it makes sense for Mexicans to join such a group. Looking forward to seeing some real tough Armenian Mob types though. 

Nice. Been awhile since we've had a cartel-esque group on the server.