Server time: 2017-10-22, 17:23
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
unforgiven389

Stopping cars/ vehicles

So, my question here is if you are allowed to stop a car without having a roadblock.

Been told by another RP player that said you can't stop a vehicle to try and hijack it or something similar unless you have a roadblock set up.

I would really like to know more about this, as I've never seen anything about this in the rules.

You can TRY to stop a vehicle however you like. However, unless you employ a roadblock that the driver either has to drive completely off of the road to avoid, or forces the driver to slow down to avoid hitting it, you cannot fire on them for refusing to stop.

If they can avoid your roadblock without slowing down or leaving the road, then you don't get KOS rights. This also means that you're not allowed to use the pre-existing roadblocks in the game as people will avoid those as a matter of course.

If you merely yell at them as they drive by and they don't stop, shooting them will be KOS/RDM (depending on if you kill them or not).

VaanKogan    0

now what if they start chasing you with their car and ram it then you drive on grass and they get out and kill you?

Ok, that is what I needed help to clarify, seeing as a car with some people in it stopped by my request (Without a roadblock or anything blocking the road at all).

But after stopping the normal rules apply I guess, when it comes to not listening to commands or answering.

Though I still play the game as a strange character, which makes it fun, but I died a lot.

Hope to you see out there in the field Lucia. ^^

Muntz    3

now what if they start chasing you with their car and ram it then you drive on grass and they get out and kill you?

tumblr_m6pid35QyH1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

Sky    1

Any intentional contact to your car by theirs can be interpreted as hostile. If they try to hit you/run you off the road, you immediately have kill rights.

Also, if someone has been following you for a fair period of time without making any contact, then its fair to assume theirs intentions are hostile. This is very situational however, so be careful when taking this course of action. Its definitely better to try and make contact yourself before just taking action.

VaanKogan    0

tumblr_m6pid35QyH1rqfhi2o1_400.gif

Why you face palm? I was driving to tp and was almost there when i look at my map and right before i got on the road up to tp they rammed the back of my car and while i was on the dirt road up to the tp they started shooting t.t

Pete    0

So is it allowed to shout:

"Stop the car or I will have to shoot?"

...it is Roleplaying somehow and I have seen a lot of videos where people are doing this.

Caeldon    1

...it is Roleplaying somehow and I have seen a lot of videos where people are doing this.

Not allowed unless you have a roadblock.

Guest Alpha   
Guest Alpha

What if you stand in the middle of the road and you shout at them that they have to stop and they don't listen and run you over, will it be counted as a legit kill?

Gina    26

You can shout whatever you want, but if you dont have a roadblock to make them stop, you CANNOT shoot.

I dont see shouting things like that as Roleplaying. Many these days seems to think so though, that all you need to do is shouting "Stop your car or I shoot!!" or "Drop your shit or I shoot!!".

It can be a PART of your role and your playing, but those alone are not Roleplaying.

Pete    0

Ok cool^^

Thanks a lot.

My character has never done a roadblock, stopping cars or even kill others.

So I was just interested for furture events.

Guest Lippo   
Guest Lippo

Ok thats interesting. Next time i will report this guy.

I was driving an atv with my friend at the backseat. We were going to the Ravens Nest event. At this time so many people showed up next to the street. They all yelled to stop the vehicle. But we had no seat for them. Everyone tried to steal our vehicle to drive to berezino...

At elektro some guy was one the road (no roadblock, except the natural stuff). I just saw and heard him some meters in front of us. "Hey stop the vehicle or i will shoot" - > Of course we didnt stop. So 1-2 seconds later, he started shooting at us. We had luck, he only had a lee enfield and he had a bad aiming. My friend at the backseat just got 1 hit and was bleeding.

So he had not the right to shoot at us?

btw before i picked up my friend, i was in kamyshovo. I gave a stranger a jerry can for his car. He needed fuel. So i went back to balota for my friend. And i just met the other guy freshspawned again. He actually got robbed and killed. Next time you should check the driver license and car papers at berezino. Most vehicles are probably stolen^^

Powdermen    0

If the cars stops without you having a roadblock, and it's completely standing still than you can say: ''drop your weapons and stay inside, don't drive away'' if they than drive away it's not-complying; giving you KoS rights.

Pete    0

I think this should be mentioned in the rules, because many don't know about that.

Gina    26

I guess this goes under Common sense. But yes, some clarification would be good, theres never too many.

Ok thats interesting. Next time i will report this guy.

When you are saying this, who in this post or player are you referring to?

If it's me you are referring to, I haven't killed any players, I have not stopped an ATV either, just a blue van.

Guest Lippo   
Guest Lippo

The guy who tried to shoot us in elektro. I never stopped the atv. He had no roadblock! We went through elektro, when he suddenly yelled: "Stop or i will shoot!". 1-2 seconds (not that much) later he started shooting at us. If we had stopped, he probably tried to steal the atv. But i think it cant be right to scream at every vehicle that is passing by and to start shooting.

I just wanted to know if he had the right to kill us. He only gave us 1-2 seconds to make a decision. And he nearly killed my friend at the backseat.

No i dont want to report anybody.

I dont think it was you. I dont know the name, i just saw a person next to the school and heard lee enfield shot at us. Maybe the blue van driver shows up later^^

The guy who tried to shoot us in elektro. I never stopped the atv. He had no roadblock! We went through elektro, when he suddenly yelled: "Stop or i will shoot!". 1-2 seconds (not that much) later he started shooting at us. If we had stopped, he probably tried to steal the atv. But i think it cant be right to scream at every vehicle that is passing by and to start shooting.

I just wanted to know if he had the right to kill us. He only gave us 1-2 seconds to make a decision. And he nearly killed my friend at the backseat.

No i dont want to report anybody.

I dont think it was you. I dont know the name, i just saw a person next to the school and heard lee enfield shot at us. Maybe the blue van driver shows up later^^

From the earlier posts, I'd say he did not have any right to shoot you.

When I tried to stop the blue van I thought that I'm basically trying to stop an armored vehicle which can deal way more damage to me than I can do it.

They did however stop, and I did not open fire as of that time or any other time.

Anyways, I hope to see you out in the Field Lippo. :)

Guest Lippo   
Guest Lippo

I hope you dont try to steal my vehicle.^^

Khardia    0

Not sure if it was said before I come with a clarification : meh.

All right. In order to steal a vehicle, you need to have a roadblock in place or something to stop/slow them so they can READ your messages (because you'll type something RP, to make sure they know) and to HEAR what you say.

Let's say you block a bridge with tank traps/bus/something that could block it. The Green Car you see has to go on the grass, which considerably reduces its speed, making him vulnerable to hearing you.

If the car doesn't stop, even after you typed and talked in order to tell them to stop (and you have a roadblock or some way to stop/slow them), you can shoot as they haven't complied.

If you don't have a roadblock, you can still try to rob a car by typing + talking in direct chat. That being said, due to desynch and sound made by the car, you CAN'T SHOOT.

You can't rob and shoot a car that is going full speed, unless he stops in front of you or that you clearly know he could've heard you (he stopped in front of you because you were standing in the middle of the road, he crossed a grass ground, slowing him, and you could stand next to it and tell your orders).

Shooting and killing a car that is going full-speed for "no-compliance" will be considered KOS.

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

Is this stated in the rules at all? "If you merely yell at them as they drive by and they don't stop, shooting them will be KOS/RDM (depending on if you kill them or not)." Because if its not it really needs to be! i have died and lost so many cars + good gear and skins from 'bandits' that do the "stop your car or i shoot" even though im usually going at 100kph plus so i cant possibly stop in the time they demand

Khardia    0

Is this stated in the rules at all? "If you merely yell at them as they drive by and they don't stop, shooting them will be KOS/RDM (depending on if you kill them or not)." Because if its not it really needs to be! i have died and lost so many cars + good gear and skins from 'bandits' that do the "stop your car or i shoot" even though im usually going at 100kph plus so i cant possibly stop in the time they demand

That would go in Common Sense. IRL, you couldn't stop a car that is going 100 kph by yelling "stop" :)

I'll see what I can do to make it "official".

Guest John Le Bear   
Guest John Le Bear

That would go in Common Sense. IRL, you couldn't stop a car that is going 100 kph by yelling "stop" :)

I'll see what I can do to make it "official".

Thanks, most people don't seem to understand this though :(

+ I dont really see the point in aimlessly robbing people for their car/gear if you don't take them hostage. After all its not really RPing, would be good if someone stopped me to take my car, then they make me get in the back and take me off somewhere. Would be even cooler if they knew a little bit of background on the CDCR and took me out into the woods to beat me up and demand i alter the virus to benefit the infected, i.e producing super human like effects (resident evil t-virus type idea), and if i refused they would beat me a little more then execute me. This would make me very happy

Gina    26

All right. In order to steal a vehicle, you need to have a roadblock in place or something to stop/slow them so they can READ your messages (because you'll type something RP, to make sure they know) and to HEAR what you say.

Let's say you block a bridge with tank traps/bus/something that could block it. The Green Car you see has to go on the grass, which considerably reduces its speed, making him vulnerable to hearing you.

If the car doesn't stop, even after you typed and talked in order to tell them to stop (and you have a roadblock or some way to stop/slow them), you can shoot as they haven't complied.

If you don't have a roadblock, you can still try to rob a car by typing + talking in direct chat. That being said, due to desynch and sound made by the car, you CAN'T SHOOT.

You can't rob and shoot a car that is going full speed, unless he stops in front of you or that you clearly know he could've heard you (he stopped in front of you because you were standing in the middle of the road, he crossed a grass ground, slowing him, and you could stand next to it and tell your orders).

Shooting and killing a car that is going full-speed for "no-compliance" will be considered KOS.

That basically means that you can then use those "roadblocks" what are already in-game, since people usually need to slow down to get around them. I remember reading from some thread that you cannot use them as a roadblock tho. I think it would be more clear to not leave so much these "grey areas" in the rules, since people are not always so good to use their common sense, and state it clearly that you need to make a roadblock to be able to rob them or whatever. There is already enough opportunities to rob and kill people anyways.