Server time: 2019-03-26, 23:30 WE ARE RECRUITING
HenningRP

Arma 3 Exile

Yea... my PC can't really handle it but if others want it then sure, as long as the community is happy. +1

51 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

I’ll play when I get off work tonight. Pm me your steam

poke me when your in TS.

Just now, deadplaya said:

no namalsk?

We can do namalsk. I'm open to everything.

Just now, HenningRP said:

We can do namalsk. I'm open to everything.

might as well switch up the dynamic if we switch to a whole new game. i feel arma 3 lacks the feel of dayzsa and dayzsa lacks the feel of the mod, so all in all this might be a good move.

1 hour ago, The Traveler said:

And to add to henning's point I know for a fact 95% of EVERY side project we have ever done is killed through lack of staff aid and infastructure. 

No dedicated report team, no dedicated lore team, no dedicated logs team , no dedicated dev team. 

As I said, you are right, it is likely to fail if we try pushing it through the gate raw. So let's shit 10% of our resources over to it as a backup plan to be built over a month or 2 and released ONLY if SA flops after december... let's be real , we don't have much to do until SA is stable again anyway...

Speaking from the perspective of someone who supported a side project as an admin, staff aid and infrastructure weren't the issues in the past.

Take my previous post about LiF. We had dedicated reports, lore, and logs and about 1/3rd of the staff team both played and managed it. What killed the project (as does all) is the lack of a dedicated whitelist and system to join this community without needing to whitelist for DayZ SA.

If Rolle truly wants a DayZ World, there must be a way for an Arma 3 RP audience to play without going through the standalone wall. The players in this community will not sustain the population for an extended period of time UNLESS new people can join this community for that project specifically.

Just now, Alex said:

Well that's not true either.

The reason LiF died is because an update ruined the game and made it impossibly harder.

1 minute ago, HenningRP said:

Well that's not true either.

The reason LiF died is because an update ruined the game and made it impossibly harder.

I was there when LiF was at it's best in this community, and trust me people were losing interest before that.

I genuinely want an Arma 3 RP server to succeed on here - and I think staff aid and infrastructure can be achieved - but there has to be a way for an outside audience for this new format to access it. That's the biggest problem with side projects and why they die, there's no dedicated audience.

1 hour ago, Rainmaker said:

what're we playin'?

Had to get some HW done. Same with the rest of the boys. I'll PM you the server we're playing on.

I agree with this thread. My boy Henning got some good points. +1

You know what would be a bloody good idea?

10 or so of us? Maybe more if we can squeeze em in, find a server, play it BUT have someone record that shit and edit the play session / sessions into a video, post here, BOOM , instant extra context for all those who "arn't sure" ?

8 minutes ago, The Traveler said:

10 or so of us? Maybe more if we can squeeze em in, find a server, play it BUT have someone record that shit and edit the play session / sessions into a video, post here, BOOM , instant extra context for all those who "arn't sure" ?

I'm down for this. I love editing videos. We gotta do this

1 hour ago, The Traveler said:

Rp the entire time with the servers local population to show it can be done.

As you may already be aware, Roland did hold a poll in which the community decided that we will eventually have an Arma 3 Exile server. It will be a part of DayZ World. The project is still on, to my knowledge, but the essential development for Standalone takes priority. Unless decided otherwise by the server owners, we should see an Arma 3 DayZRP Exile server go up in relatively near future.

9 hours ago, Semiazas said:

As you may already be aware, Roland did hold a poll in which the community decided that we will eventually have an Arma 3 Exile server. It will be a part of DayZ World. The project is still on, to my knowledge, but the essential development for Standalone takes priority. Unless decided otherwise by the server owners, we should see an Arma 3 DayZRP Exile server go up in relatively near future.

Can you link to said poll?

12 hours ago, The Traveler said:

I’ll PM you the information for the server @Rainmaker, @Leon_Idas, @Prince, @Dr Brandon And I are playing on when I get home.

1 minute ago, HenningRP said:

Can you link to said poll?

Here you go.

This sounds like a cool project, if you're all looking for more players, I'd buy ARMA3 to get in on it

3 minutes ago, GMAK said:

A shame this never took off, seemed cool.

I know that feel