Jump to content
Server time: 2019-03-26, 23:31 WE ARE RECRUITING
HenningRP

Arma 3 Exile

Recommended Posts

Alright here's what I'm suggesting.

We all know Desolation is pretty broken, the original mod is no longer updated and redux is meh at most. But what about Exile?

Exile includes:

  • Crafting
  • Base Building
  • Hundreds of vehicles (Boats, Cars, Trucks, Heli's, Planes)
  • Hundreds of weapons (Pistols, SMG's, Rifles, MG's, Sniper Rifles, Rocket launchers, etc)
  • Hundreds of skins (From Civilian to military, Arma 3 has them all)
  • Traders (Basically built in RP hotspots)
  • Over 50+ maps to choose from
  • Player endgame objectives

I want to RP on DayZRP, but I also wanna enjoy my time IG and have something to look forward to when I get on. Exile would provide an A3 alternative to SA within DayZWorld. Its a stable game mode that can be played lightly while still being enjoyable. All the systems which make DayZ a survival game are baked into the mod along with tons of other features.

Share this post


Link to post

As far as I know Exile is pretty solid.

Base building is pretty good, and gives you plenty to do.
And if you put Exile on Tonoa it's also a fresh look at things.

But you'll be needing the DLC for it.

Share this post


Link to post

If this is going to work we need a working modded server, dedicated lore and moderation. 

I think Arma 3 exile is one of the best games ever made and played on the old dayzrp server every day, until both groups got permanently disbandment and the playerbase got banned.  I would love to see an actual supported arma 3 server with groups and lore. The gunplay is much better, the game is not a broken mess (except for vehicle physics) and the potential for events is much better on arma 3 then dayz.  

+1

tenor.gif

Edited by Prince

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Rainmaker said:

That’d be cool to have. We’d just have to have a few people to be on board with it

Yup, that's the downside isn't it?

People will still play on DayzSA even though they hate it, and just keep playing anyway while crying.
And then there's the occasional "yeah but 0.xxx" will fix everything. And then they realise they have been raped by Bohemia's Dayz team when that fix only breaks even more stuff... again....and keep on wishing for a stable game while crying themselves to sleep.

Meanwhile at Bohemia ......*laughs in Czech*
But meanwhile "mod is dead, let it stay dead." 

But yes, mod is dead because the DayzSA based community wants it dead. The few mod players won't be enough to make it fun.  It's sad but true

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Osaka said:

Yup, that's the downside isn't it?

People will still play on DayzSA even though they hate it, and just keep playing anyway while crying.
And then there's the occasional "yeah but 0.xxx" will fix everything. And then they realise they have been raped by Bohemia's Dayz team when that fix only breaks even more stuff... again....and keep on wishing for a stable game while crying themselves to sleep.

Meanwhile at Bohemia ......*laughs in Czech*
But meanwhile "mod is dead, let it stay dead." 

But yes, mod is dead because the DayzSA based community wants it dead. The few mod players won't be enough to make it fun.  It's sad but true

 

A lot of us are tired of resources being diverted to something not even the people begging for it play. There were plenty of opportunities to play a dedicated mod throughout the years from 2015-2018 and none of the people that begged for it ever got on to play it, then when it was gone they complained. Fact is SA is more suited to role-play. ARMA is a military sim / military shooter, not really suited for RP even when it's modded to hell and back. Maybe if the server was something like what I see on Frankie's videos then I would play it, but myself as well as a lot of others just see it as a waste of time for something no one will play.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Zero said:

A lot of us are tired of resources being diverted to something not even the people begging for it play. There were plenty of opportunities to play a dedicated mod throughout the years from 2015-2018 and none of the people that begged for it ever got on to play it, then when it was gone they complained. Fact is SA is more suited to role-play. ARMA is a military sim / military shooter, not really suited for RP even when it's modded to hell and back. Maybe if the server was something like what I see on Frankie's videos then I would play it, but myself as well as a lot of others just see it as a waste of time for something no one will play.

Alright, lets just debunk EVERYTHING about this cookie cutter argument that gets posted on every Mod thread.

1. @Roland Has already state he wants to diversify DayZRP servers. He is willing to put up new servers if the demand is there.

2. People who asked for Desolation did play it, They played it a lot. However, almost a week in they realized that Desolation had some pretty broken mechanics that ruined it for a player base that is consistently active daily on the same server. These issues alongside many other things were presented to staff and not fixed, therefor the server died. The server didn't die because no one played, people stopped playing because it wasn't managed properly.

3. Explain to me how A3 or A2 doesn't suit roleplay? if I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure this community was founded in A2 so I'm not quite sure how it was able to grow and succeed without A2 suiting Roleplay?

Don't sit here and rehash the same argument that is rinsed and repeated in every thread about this issue. The same argument that is time and again debunked by people who actually have experience on the A3 and A2 servers like me. Your not speaking from experience, your just repeating what others have told you.

 

Share this post


Link to post

you should put a poll for yay or nay

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, ExoticRP said:

you should put a poll for yay or nay

I will add a poll in 24 hours, past experience shows me that people tend to vote no on all A3 suggestions without actually discussing it first.

Share this post


Link to post

This again?

Not saying I disagree with anybody's points here but we know how this movie ends.

046c34582b.gif

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, HenningRP said:

I will add a poll in 24 hours, past experience shows me that people tend to vote no on all A3 suggestions without actually discussing it first.

My man you cant add a poll after the thread has been up for 24 hours.  Maybe add it in the morning?

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, ExoticRP said:

My man you cant add a poll after the thread has been up for 24 hours.  Maybe add it in the morning?

This is more of a discussion then a poll. I'd rather people actually post their opinions on the matter then just downvote it because they prefer SA. This thread is not about replacing SA, its not about shifting this community. Its about Discussing the possibility of opening a DayZWorld Exile server for people who prefer it to play on.

Edited by HenningRP

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, Major said:

This again?

Not saying I disagree with anybody's points here but we know how this movie ends.

046c34582b.gif

The server is to the point where i dread logging in due to bugs, desync, and glitches. Relogging every 5 minutes to sit in queue for another 15 because i cant reload is not fun.

I personally would volunteer to help get this up and going @HenningRP

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Leon_Idas said:

The server is to the point where i dread logging in due to bugs, desync, and glitches. Relogging every 5 minutes to sit in queue for another 15 because i cant reload is not fun.

I personally would volunteer to help get this up and going @HenningRP

This is true, but despite this fact the machinery that exists in the staff team to develop assets is currently dedicated to standalone. We are now at a point where we can mod and add on to SA. This doesn't make it any less of an absolute buggy clusterfuck. We can have plenty of volunteers but the bulk of the people needed to keep a server populated isn't here. I highly doubt focus will be shifted to A3 in any form at this point.

Share this post


Link to post

Like DayZ Mod, i don't see this surviving. I will get the numbers at start, but then it will slowly die, because the main platform of this community is DayZ Standalone.

The game feels like its pretty much built for this community, and its hard to find a game that feels the same.

Especially with modding now released, it's becoming harder and harder to justify trying out other games.

Share this post


Link to post

Will be fun for the first week, then it will die. Sadly I dont see this going anywhere ? 

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Descendants said:

Will be fun for the first week, then it will die. Sadly I dont see this going anywhere ? 

Why will it die? please explain your reasoning.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, HenningRP said:

Why will it die? please explain your reasoning.

People will get bored or return to standalone. Every side project we do is populated for a while but eventually interest dies. I sometimes wish that wasn't the case, but the truth is, it was and will pretty much always will be.

Share this post


Link to post

It's simple though. Three servers running side by side doesn't work because there aren't that many people playing. 

And yes Rolle said to make it happen. like, 2 months ago by now? He says he'll do a lot of things and actually does some of them. 
Just like Bohemia said they would make a great Dayz game.

DayzSA would be great for RP and PvP and Base building alike if it wasn't so stupidly broken. Then we wouldn't need a mod server.
Because yes, the mod is old and limited, but it's still better than the pile of crap that is SA.

So maybe we just delete the DayzSA server, just let that die and get a mod server. Then everybody is playing there because there is not SA to log into.
Not that they will consider this, but that would be a solution.

Just give the large middle finger to the DayzSA devs and just go play Exile.... which is made by some fans who coded it purely for fun, and are better at it than the so called professionals.
But I digress, that would never happen, just like the promised mod servers won't happen.

 

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, Major said:

This is true, but despite this fact the machinery that exists in the staff team to develop assets is currently dedicated to standalone. We are now at a point where we can mod and add on to SA. This doesn't make it any less of an absolute buggy clusterfuck. We can have plenty of volunteers but the bulk of the people needed to keep a server populated isn't here. I highly doubt focus will be shifted to A3 in any form at this point.

Arma 3 servers are simple to do.  setting up servers are not hard, barley any develop assets would have to be pulled at all. Dayz is nearly unplayable and the only argument that can be raised in its favour is that Standalone can be modded now.

12 minutes ago, Bruhstice said:

Like DayZ Mod, i don't see this surviving. I will get the numbers at start, but then it will slowly die, because the main platform of this community is DayZ Standalone.

The game feels like its pretty much built for this community, and its hard to find a game that feels the same.

Especially with modding now released, it's becoming harder and harder to justify trying out other games.

Desolation and Exile are at the point where they are tailor made for our community.  Pretty much all that standalone has is loading magazines, which dose not make a difference when everyone runs around with 5+ full AR mags at ones.

Share this post


Link to post

I will be willing to give this a chance, I hope it sticks, but it probably wont +1

Share this post


Link to post

DayzSA could be all we need.

Could be. Simple as that. I really don't know why people are so against the MOD, but insist on playing a stupid broken game that will probably never be fixed.
All arguments against the MOD servers so far are as crippled as DayzSA itself.

DayzRP should never have allowed DayzSA to even be installed on a server and kept on serving the MOD. And only when dayzSA would be finished and stable, THEN switch over.

 

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, Leon_Idas said:

Desolation and Exile are at the point where they are tailor made for our community.  Pretty much all that standalone has is loading magazines, which dose not make a difference when everyone runs around with 5+ full AR mags at ones.

Its not so much about the features, but more about the feel of the game. I agree that you can get incredibly close, but the feel just never really transfers.

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Bruhstice said:

Its not so much about the features, but more about the feel of the game. I agree that you can get incredibly close, but the feel just never really transfers.

The feeling can easily be recreated in arma 3. Far more beautiful maps, sounds, effects, and depth.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...