Server time: 2019-03-22, 21:15 WE ARE RECRUITING
California

Extreme lag?

So the lag and dysync is unplayable, and everyone I have asked(all american) have said that it is unplayable as is.

Some speculate it is the vehicles causing issues? I am unfamiliar with what has recently changed but I was wondering, is staff aware of/currently trying to fix the problem?

plox restart i heard its awful

might be because of vehicles but it was fine earlier and we were rolling 4 cars deep

Edited by N-ToxRP

4 Cars in Stary made the server shit itself it seemed.

Yeah I think this caused it ?

a9021131992b5e5d5f3215e11d79bcfd.jpg

My character is there right now! He wanted to enter one of the cars and experiment with driving! (since there was nobody around to stop him).

But he started flying (due to mysterious forces), then he fell to the ground and went unconscious, then the infected started gorging on him... and then I switched off my computer. I don't know if my character survived! XD! I would really like to know, but after reading this thread I don't dare to re-enter the server until all is ok...

I get lag, crashes and voip issues where people cut out ? kinda annoying

Absolutely unplayable for NA players. fucking disgraceful DayZ Dev's.

Oh your connection lags for 2 microseconds while your walking into VOIP range? have fun not being able to hear anybody.

Enjoy going through doors? Great we'll just make it so you lag back and fourth through that door seven times.

Stand in one spot for 3 seconds? enjoy only facing that direction till the inevitable heat death of the universe.

Lag so bad only 1/3 people hear gunshots, Zombies respawn INFRONT of you every four minutes and frame drops and rubber banding every 5 minutes on the dot.

Frankly, a BETA game should not have these issues. A few vehicles in one spot should not cause our entire community to grind to halt. I haven't had a single encounter since modding was introduced that doesn't make it mandatory to relog mid RP to fix connection or bug related issues. I shouldn't have to use tacky glitches to fix an already broken game and Rolle shouldn't have to sit at his desk 24 hours a day so he can do a manual restart 30 minutes after every schedule one.

Anyone who tells me that .63 has made this game better or that .63 is better then modded A3 or modded A2 is suffering from Stockholm syndrome.

5 minutes ago, HenningRP said:

Absolutely unplayable for NA players. fucking disgraceful DayZ Dev's.

Oh your connection lags for 2 microseconds while your walking into VOIP range? have fun not being able to hear anybody.

Enjoy going through doors? Great we'll just make it so you lag back and fourth through that door seven times.

Stand in one spot for 3 seconds? enjoy only facing that direction till the inevitable heat death of the universe.

Lag so bad only 1/3 people hear gunshots, Zombies respawn INFRONT of you every four minutes and frame drops and rubber banding every 5 minutes on the dot.

Frankly, a BETA game should not have these issues. A few vehicles in one spot should not cause our entire community to grind to halt. I haven't had a single encounter since modding was introduced that doesn't make it mandatory to relog mid RP to fix connection or bug related issues. I shouldn't have to use tacky glitches to fix an already broken game and Rolle shouldn't have to sit at his desk 24 hours a day so he can do a manual restart 30 minutes after every schedule one.

Anyone who tells me that .63 has made this game better or that .63 is better then modded A3 or modded A2 is suffering from Stockholm syndrome.

We're all just masochists okay?

I've been missing 0.62 since the beginning of 0.63 experimental began back in Spring 2018... 0.62 had its bugs and crappy "environment interaction/laggy animations for combat" etc, but at least it was playable...

I think the server just needs a restart, it wasn't like this yesterday for me

Yyeeeuuuuppppp. It's ok everyone, the reset will come in an hour or so. Be patient ^_^

Edited by Daunikek

I think the majority of netsync based errors could possibly be attributed to the server population. 75 player tests during 0.59 and 0.60 exp yielded unexpected desync and a little over 60 players was the threshold. While .61 made massive improvements to netsync in general, it seems like 80 might still be pushing it when taking into account all the persistent items, vehicles and players interacting in hotspots.

The devs said as much regarding hit reg and fps drops.

I noticed with the most recent event just how laggy it got compared to the hoard event before that which ran much more smoothly. I'm not sure if it's just the DayZ devs doing what they do best or something has been tweaked on the server which shouldn't have. Has anyone noticed this issue on other servers?

We’re aware there was an issue, but the server recently restarted and it seems to be doing fine for now. However the population is low at this time of night. If the problem reemerges let us know.