Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 03:01

S2 | Fail RP RDM | SE of Novaya Petrovka | 11/20/18 7:20-7:30

Server and location: S2 EU // Location o7RYVta.png

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME):  7:25 -7:30 November, 20th 2018

Your in game name: Michael Cordon

Names of allies involved: Francis Walsh

Name of suspect/s: Brandon Young, Magnus Helgarson

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): N/A

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VZltRyjz6s&feature=youtu.be

Detailed description of the events:  Found a seemingly friendly man whom we decided to travel with and tell stories, stopped at a water fountain and got held up. After taking shots we fired back and neutralized the threat. We then begin to travel with this man who just helped us against a hostile threat. Then in the middle of the woods, a man pops out and just kills us outright and the man we followed just turns and tells my lifeless body to put its hands up.

Edited by DRz_StudMuffin
A word

Brandon Young: I was the guy that shot you both. Exotic and eagle says theres 2 guys that look pretty rich so we decide that we are going to initiate to reup our trade supply. Exotic robs them in novata but sadly fails and you guys kill him. Eagle inside mans and tags along telling hs where they are headed. I wait in some trees for an ambush attack. I see them come up and  I initiate on you guys telling you to "put your hands up" you guys kept walking and then you turned around at me and I shot you. If you would like to talk this out in ts I would be more than happy to. 

Edited by Brandonyoung
  • Diamond

This seems to boil down to server lag and the classic VoIP bug as I initiated on you legit as soon as I turned around which got delayed due to the server stability I am sorry this happened.

POV: I plan an assault on these men after they would get up to bash, I see Brandon and hope to god they didn't, they don't and we move closer and closer to the chock point and there is where he drops the initiation, I hear the initiation and in order for me to gain rights I turn around and do the same my gun blows up and both of these men end up dead.

No video from my end.

Like you can hear in Brandon's video the server was lagging like shit, I initiated IG and double miced but you only here it 3 seconds later.11/12-14

Edited by Eagle
  • Legend

Connection Logs:

Spoiler

06:18:18 : Player #8 Michael Cordon connected
07:28:31 : Player #8 Michael Cordon disconnected

07:12:35 : Player #24 Leo Lynch connected
07:17:29 : Player #24 Leo Lynch disconnected

07:04:57 : Player #21 Magnus Helgarson connected
07:05:26 : Player #21 Magnus Helgarson disconnected
07:05:57 : Player #21 Magnus Helgarson connected
07:58:40 : Player #21 Magnus Helgarson disconnected

06:35:29 : Player #11 Brandon Young connected
08:07:25 : Player #11 Brandon Young disconnected

06:55:00 : Player #18 Francis Walsh connected
07:32:45 : Player #18 Francis Walsh disconnected
07:35:05 : Player #30 Francis Walsh connected
08:46:34 : Player #30 Francis Walsh disconnected

Chat Logs:

Spoiler

07:18:25 : Global: Michael Cordon: // I recorded incase of kill appeal

Hit Logs:

Spoiler

[2018/11/20 07:16:54]:  (Michael Cordon) hit by  (Leo Lynch) to Torso with Bullet_762x39

[2018/11/20 07:16:56]:  (Leo Lynch) hit by  (Michael Cordon) to RightLeg with Bullet_556x45
[2018/11/20 07:16:58]:  (Leo Lynch) hit by  (Michael Cordon) to RightArm with Bullet_556x45
[2018/11/20 07:16:58]:  (Leo Lynch) hit by  (Michael Cordon) to Torso with Bullet_556x45
[2018/11/20 07:16:59]:  (Leo Lynch) hit by  (Michael Cordon) to LeftLeg with Bullet_556x45
[2018/11/20 07:16:59]:  (Leo Lynch) hit by  (Michael Cordon) to Torso with Bullet_556x45
[2018/11/20 07:16:59]:  (Leo Lynch) hit by  (Michael Cordon) to Torso with Bullet_556x45
[2018/11/20 07:17:00]:  (Leo Lynch) hit by  (Michael Cordon) to LeftLeg with Bullet_556x45
[2018/11/20 07:17:00]:  (Leo Lynch) hit by  (Michael Cordon) to LeftLeg with Bullet_556x45
[2018/11/20 07:17:00]:  (Leo Lynch) hit by  (Michael Cordon) to RightLeg with Bullet_556x45

[2018/11/20 07:27:48]:  (Michael Cordon) hit by (Brandon Young) to LeftLeg with Bullet_762x39
[2018/11/20 07:27:48]:  (Michael Cordon) hit by (Brandon Young) to Torso with Bullet_762x39
[2018/11/20 07:27:48]:  (Magnus Helgarson) hit by (Brandon Young) to LeftFoot with Bullet_762x39
[2018/11/20 07:27:52]:  (Michael Cordon) hit by (Brandon Young) to LeftLeg with Bullet_762x39
[2018/11/20 07:27:52]:  (Michael Cordon) hit by (Brandon Young) to RightLeg with Bullet_762x39
[2018/11/20 07:27:52]:  (Michael Cordon) hit by (Brandon Young) to RightLeg with Bullet_762x39

[2018/11/20 07:27:48]: (Francis Walsh) hit by (Brandon Young) to Head with Bullet_762x39

Death Logs:

Spoiler

[2018/11/20 07:16:59]: (Leo Lynch) killed by (Michael Cordon)

[2018/11/20 07:27:48]: (Francis Walsh) hit by (Brandon Young) to Head with Bullet_762x39

[2018/11/20 07:27:52]: (Michael Cordon) killed by (Brandon Young)

[2018/11/20 07:27:48]: (Francis Walsh) killed by  (Brandon Young)

---

Calling in @ExoticRP, @PubScrub to post their PoV along with any unedited Video Evidence. @Brandonyoung please provide a detailed PoV. What you posted is not a PoV.

---

@Eagle - POV POSTED
@Brandonyoung - need PoV
@DRz_StudMuffin - POV POSTED
@PubScrub - need PoV
@ExoticRP - need PoV

My thing happened prior to this and I was not involved

I do not have any recording software on my computer at the moment so unfortunately I was not able to capture anything. From what I can narrarate though, the two encounters went about like this:

We had first met Eagle in Novaya Petrovka, had a brief interaction and continued off towards the nearby fountain. He ended up following us sometime later to the fountain, and we made a little bit of friendly smalltalk, when all of a sudden we hear a panicked "HANDS UP OR I'LL SHOOT" coming from ExoticRP behind the neighboring house. (Not exactly the most fair RP I've seen, given there was barely any exposition, but we figured he was just trigger happy and the 3 of us could take him out and sort the legalities later.) So we retreated, and gunned him down shortly thereafter.

After looting the body, Eagle had suggested we get out of there before more show up, and that we did. We headed south, down to the traintracks in order to get Studmuffin a replacement for his backpack, just sorta making small talk, explaining our backstories when out of the corner of my eye I spot a man in the woods. Thinking innocently of it I turn around to say "Ah..?" so as to perhaps get an explanation of him, without raising my gun, mind, -wherein he (Brandon) seems to panic and immediately place his first round straight into my head without a second thought.

I wouldn't have been so worked up, had they at least given us a chance to verbally respond and properly get our robbery RP in, but seeing as how that grace period was not given despite never having raised our weapons, (visibly in the video evidence), and blunt violence proceeded; as well as the fact that they communicated via 3rd party for the sole purpose of setting up an ambush in an extremely specific location despite no actual RP communication proceeding the first encounter between their party, I hope you can understand where my concern stands.

Cheers for your time, y'all.

*Edit: I believe Stud should have footage of the first encounter as well, should y'all need that.

Edited by PubScrub
  • Diamond
10 minutes ago, PubScrub said:

I wouldn't have been so worked up, had they at least given us a chance to verbally respond and properly get our robbery RP in, but seeing as how that grace period was not given despite never having raised our weapons, (visibly in the video evidence), and blunt violence proceeded; as well as the fact that they communicated via 3rd party for the sole purpose of setting up an ambush in an extremely specific location despite no actual RP communication proceeding the first encounter between their party, I hope you can understand where my concern stands.

Here is where the issue lies if you look at Brandon's video he initiated on us when we stood in front of him but due to lagg that I did not have at the time as I did indeed hear it and thought you guys just ignored it, leads to him shooting your friend when he turns around with his gun in his hands after just being told to put his hands up, would he have had no gun in his hands sure but the gun was there and instead of taking the risk he shoots just like most people would do leading to you raising your gun and attempting to shoot back.

Had the server been working alongside VoiP you would have gotten the initiation at the same time I did and been able to react in that timeframe but what I assume happened is that your friend hears the initiation when he stopped around 2-3 seconds later and turns around, bare in mind I had not raised or done anything to give Brandon a better chance of fighting meaning a 1v2 ending with both of you dead. I relaid information at the train station and then you can see he had obvious eyes on you whilst walking up so no real intel was gained that really gave us an advantage as he stood pretty much in the open and so did you.

I was carrying 2 weapons, so yes one a weapon was indeed in my hands. Albeit; as seen in my video I did not turn around until my friend was dead.

Neither I nor PubScrub heard any sort of initiation then Pub turned around and died. I subsequently had defended myself and engaged.

Furthermore is the problem that you and Brandon were metagaming in Discord.

• Diamond
6 minutes ago, DRz_StudMuffin said:

I was carrying 2 weapons, so yes one a weapon was indeed in my hands. Albeit; as seen in my video I did not turn around until my friend was dead.

Neither I nor PubScrub heard any sort of initiation then Pub turned around and died. I subsequently had defended myself and engaged.

Furthermore is the problem that you and Brandon were metagaming in Discord.

That rule was removed I do not need to double mic information IG.

Edit: You still seem to not understand what I have related to you, look at Brandon's video and look at yours you were initiated on but due to a VoiP bug it wasn't delivered I heard it but you didn't not our fault the game messed up.

Edited by Eagle
6 minutes ago, Eagle said:

That rule was removed I do not need to double mic information IG.

3.5 Metagaming is a situation where Out Of Character information is transferred in-game and changed into In Character information, despite there being no realistic way of characters gaining this information.

So how exactly did your friend know we were going to be on that road at that time?

Edited by DRz_StudMuffin
10 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Edit: You still seem to not understand what I have related to you, look at Brandon's video and look at yours you were initiated on but due to a VoiP bug it wasn't delivered I heard it but you didn't not our fault the game messed up.

Of course, you heard your friend initiate, he was in Discord with you. Do you realize that server lag would cause everyone to be lagging? Additionally its visible in my video that he was glitched and his gun was pointed upwards yet he was clearly in his video not.

DayZ is a buggy mess, I'll give you that. But this is clearly a problem from the player's standpoint, not the game. (substantiated by evidence)

Edited by DRz_StudMuffin
  • Diamond
15 minutes ago, DRz_StudMuffin said:

3.5 Metagaming is a situation where Out Of Character information is transferred in-game and changed into In Character information, despite there being no realistic way of characters gaining this information.

So how exactly did your friend know we were going to be on that road at that time?

Quite interesting how you only look at your own thoughts and think there the factor here read my post.

I relaid information at the train station and then you can see he had obvious eyes on you whilst walking up so no real intel was gained that really gave us an advantage as he stood pretty much in the open and so did you. 

Why do you think I lead you on that path?

10 minutes ago, DRz_StudMuffin said:

Of course, you heard your friend initiate, he was in Discord with you. Do you realize that server lag would cause everyone to be lagging? Additionally its visible in my video that he was glitched and his gun was pointed upwards yet he was clearly in his video not.

DayZ is a buggy mess, I'll give you that. But this is clearly a problem from the player's standpoint, not the game. (substantiated by evidence)

Your evidence proves nothing except the fact that he initiated and you didn't hear it you clearly heard me? so how was he supposed to be aware of this bug? You do not do a small look around you turn your whole body towards his location with a gun in hand, me stating that it was your fault for carrying two guns and him shooting would be just as similar and none viable for an argument sake. Your second friend was shot fair and square he aimed and shot but missed.

Edit: When I refer to hearing it I mean IG make of that what you wish you where not out of VoIP range so that wouldn´t make sense for his reactions being only to kill because he can.

Edited by Eagle
17 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Your evidence proves nothing except the fact that he initiated and you didn't hear it you clearly heard me?

Yeah, I did hear you initiate. As my corpse was falling to the ground.

Edited by DRz_StudMuffin
15 minutes ago, Eagle said:

You do not do a small look around you turn your whole body towards his location with a gun in hand.

Your second friend was shot fair and square he aimed and shot but missed.

I turned my head, not my body. I turned to engage after Pub was dead. Again this statement is substantiated by evidence.

Pubscrub never fired.

• Diamond
1 hour ago, DRz_StudMuffin said:

Yeah, I did hear you initiate. As my corpse was falling to the ground.

That is the point I'm trying to make he was in VoIP but due to a bug that is ongoing right now with text and VoIP you sometimes can't hear it, why you turned around IDK but for him it looked like you where about to fire and he didn't take the chance of you raising the rifle.
0:13 in your friend's video op fully turned giving me the belief that you did indeed hear the initiation I heard when we walked by.
Had the server and VoIP worked you would propply be alive or Brandon dead.

Btw stop quoting and edit your post.

Edited by Eagle
Fixing stuff
1 minute ago, Eagle said:

0:13 in your friend's video you are fully turned giving me the belief that you did indeed hear the initiation I heard when we walked by.

Pubscrub was dead.

I had been shot. 

Obviously, I turned around.

Also clear in the video I didn't hear any initiation. (other than yours, but I was already dead.)

This will be my last post. I would like to add that Exotic did initiate on you guys before and you guys did not comply for him. I think that this whole dayz bug mess could be solved if text initiations were allowed without voip, also how am I suppose to know that you did not hear my initiation? I was 5 feet away from you when I dropped the initiation. Not trying to blame anyone but coming from the stand point of you guys shot Exotic when he tried to rob you than when I try to rob you and the one of you full on turns towards me was a bit suspicious to me. It would have been different to me if you would have just turned your head towards me but it was the full body turn that did it for me to be honest. 

Edited by Brandonyoung
Added a couple sentances

Another thing added, me and @DRz_StudMuffin talked it out we both agreed it wasn't rdm. I would like to add the fact that if you are within range of eyesight with other players that you have to initiate in voip, we all know that the voip is currently bugged so text initiations should be allowed for the time being just in case of further reports like this. It would help out alot. Thank you.

Edited by YungBrandonRP
2 minutes ago, YungBrandonRP said:

Another thing added, me and @DRz_StudMuffin talked it out we both agreed it wasn't rdm. I would like to add the fact that if you are within range of eyesight with other players that you have to initiate in voip, we all know that the voip is currently bugged so text initiations should be allowed for the time being just in case of further reports like this. It would help out alot. Thank you.

I approve this sentiment.

• Sleepyhead locked this topic
  • Legend

Verdict
@YungBrandonRP | Invalid Kill | Not Guilty
@Eagle | Invalid Kill | Not Guilty

Explanation

A team of staff members have reviewed this report & have come to the following conclusion.

To keep it short and sweet, there are no rulebreaks here.

It appears to us that what you witnessed was the VoIP bug, where occasionally VoIP will not transfer in game.
As seen in Yung Brandon's video, you were initiated on before being killed. We simply cannot issue a punishment for a bug. 

In the future, we recommend that the initiators drop both an initiation through VoIP as well as through text chat. 
@YungBrandonRP - We also ask that in future situations, where hopefully the VoIP bug does not occur, to give plenty of time to comply before killing your victims. 

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Outcome
@YungBrandonRP | Invalid Kill | Not Guilty, No Action Taken
@Eagle | Invalid Kill | Not Guilty, No Action Taken

Signed by @Sleepyhead & @Jamie