Server time: 2017-10-23, 06:17
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Zipcouda

DayZ Origins

Zipcouda    51

Hey guys, for a while now I've heard great things about DayZ Origins. From what I've also seen you can build houses, towns, bases and so on.

My question is, if there WAS a choice, would you like to try DayZ Origins as maybe the R1 S2? And I know playing DayZ origins as a RP server, would be awesome! So... thoughts?

Guest WaltteriH   
Guest WaltteriH

Or, maybe try it on public servers.

Guest Jolieto   
Guest Jolieto

DayZ Origins is nice but I would like to play it on Chernarus.

Rumors say that it will soon be implemented to Chernarus.

Zipcouda    51

Perhaps if we get enough people to say they would enjoy it, they might try it for a bit, see how it works. Anyone have any suggestions on how it would work for the RP? Granted on the map Taviana, there is a NPC area so KOSing in that area will be difficult. Think its called Peace city or something. I've personally never played it yet. But any thoughts at all guys? Any ideas for a TP?

Salvation City is what it is called. My feedback on this would it would be freakin awesome! The KOS Rules say on Salvation City I would leave that as a KOS allowed area. It is in fact where all the high level loot spawns and you cant take it easily without multiple people so it is kind of a clan thing which would be nice as far as trade posts go you could set one up anywhere. In fact in origins the players could set one up themselves. I think this would be a great route for RP since it has more of a story to it . This was an issue I had when thinking up my back story. Some peoples stories completely conflict with one another which is fine but it does make for some good laughs.

Please Consider This!

Vasily Malyy    10

I'd rather keep the RP mod on DayZRP.

I'll just go play on a public server if I want to play Origins.

Zipcouda    51

I completely agree with you Marlboro, and thanks for clearing up the name of the city. The Salvation City will probably be a KOS area exactly for that reason. Guess it will be up to the masses. Also I thought it would be cool if the Players ended up being able to build a market area, where everyone is limited to one house in a curtain square, there you can store things and sell them in the future. Continue the ideas people!

I'd rather keep the RP mod on DayZRP.

I'll just go play on a public server if I want to play Origins.

The thing is, you can always play DayZ RP on any map or game type. So playing DayZ Origins as a DayZRP would be what I'm after, not really just the mod, I want to bring RP to DayZ Origins, that was the idea I was bringing forward at least.

Not to mention it will be very nice when we don't have any hackers or random KOSers.

Guest aidan499   
Guest aidan499

Dayz Orgins With Dayz Chernarus would cause too mutch lag and how would you find a boat fast enough to get to orgins unless they make it on a seprate server its doughtively not going to happen for the time it will take to get the orgin and back...

I like the idea but it would cause too mutch lag. Unless they find a solution for the lag its not going to happen.

I'm quite new to this community and understand that my opinion doesn't carry the most weighting in the world but I am an origins vet and I think that the RP community would work brilliantly with origins.

IMO Salvation City should be the only KOS area. (also perhaps Ivan's lab)

The house building system seems perfect for Dayzrp however I do foresee an issue with NLR and the whole house system. I'm assuming that a person would be allowed to have knowledge of their house I'm just wondering how this might affect the RP side of it. I guess would work just the same as tents and bases on the current mod.

I love this idea! AS I have played Origins for a while now, I believe the RP rules would work suprisingly well.

However GamersPlatoon (GP) have not released the server files publicly. DayZRP would have to rent a server and even then, GP might not be happy with the RP rules. They are very protective about their mod as it is worth a lot of $$$.

As the person above me has said, NPC areas such as Salvation City/Ivan's Lab should be KOS areas. The AI in Origins have a very good shot and Shoot on Sight so it would be hard to distinguish targets. Besides, these "deathmatch zones" are far out of the way of normal player zones and it is hard to get to them unless you intend to go there.

+1 On DayzRP Origins.

MrLyrated    0

I have played Origins and i like it but i am not into the building aspect, I do think that this would be awesome for clans like FM/CDCR who could be a solid base for medical and scientific uses.

Samson    0

The Dayz origins developers don't give out the mod to anyone, last time DayZRP server set up origins after the mod file was leaked there was lots of bugs.

Guest tpfrags   
Guest tpfrags

This would be really cool to see :D