Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 01:07

S2: KoS in Novaya Petrovka - 11/18/2018 17:30

Server and location: Server 2- Novaya Petrovka- North part of the Town.

Approximate time and date of the incident (SERVER TIME): 2018-11-18, 17:30-17:50

Your in game name: William Freeman

Names of allies involved:None

Name of suspect/s: Not sure wasn't spoke to before I was shot.

Friendly/Enemy vehicles involved (if any): None

Additional evidence? (video/screenshot): I don't record my game footage. Was wearing military gear and used a suppressed AKM.

Detailed description of the events: I heard shots to the west of me in Novaya Petrovka so I went to investigate. Upon arriving I saw a guy standing in the road and then another started running at me then shot me before I entered a building.

Edited by William Freeman
  • MVP

Hello @William Freeman,

Can you please update the title of your report correctly according to the standards linked below, you have 24 hours to do so, thanks.

• Sapphire

I think I may of been the one that shot you, we can wait until logs. But if you would like to talk this out let me know.

• Legend

Hit Logs

[2018/11/18 17:35:21]: (William Freeman) hit by (Ricardo Garcia) to Torso with Bullet_762x39
[2018/11/18 17:35:21]: (William Freeman) hit by (Ricardo Garcia) to Torso with Bullet_762x39
[2018/11/18 17:35:21]: (William Freeman) hit by (Ricardo Garcia) to LeftArm with Bullet_762x39

Kill Logs

[2018/11/18 17:35:21]: (William Freeman) killed by (Ricardo Garcia)

Connection Logs

17:13:38 | Ricardo Garcia connected 
- Restart [No CL]

Calling in @Scar for their full, detailed POV. Please provide any video evidence you may have and list your allies that took part. Please update your previous post with this information. Thank you. 

• Sapphire

Ricardo Garcia: We initiate on Cherna Liska one of them complies and one doesn't the one that doesn't comply shoots Boris and Boris then gets shot from where we think is a apartment town house. Brandon then says he spotted the guy run into the apartment townhouse so I run to get a shot on it, when I run to somewhere I have a shot on it the OP is standing in the doorway of that same apartment building with a AKM in his hands, I then kill him. After that we kill another Cherna Liska member that was in that apartment building and RP with the hostage.

@William Freeman You made a couple of mistakes here.

1. Ran towards a lot of gun shots.

2. Had your gun in your hand whilst running towards this gunfire. 

3. 3rd personed in a doorway of a building that a enemy was in and also you were watching the man with his hands up. (You knew what was happening) 

The fact you are surprised you were shot just doesn't make any sense to me at all, really if anything you NVFLd by running towards a ton of gunfire with your gun in your hand.  

Brandon Young: I guess since I’ll be called into this one, we i itiate on cherna liska. One guy doesnt comply so we gas him. Minutes go by and we take shots from a guy in this apartment building. I see a guy with a ak in his hands and hunting backpack walk up the same building we were taking shots from and I call it out to my boy scar. We peek at the same time and just unleash on this man and he drops. Time goes by and eventually we kill the straglers. 

I knew what was happening when I was close enough to see the guy had both hands up and not just one waving. However I was running away from gunfire as soon as I was told by the guy with his hands up "that they're shooting people" . So I turned around and ran in the opposite direction towards a building and didn't even make it into the door before being shot in the back. So how was I in the building in 3rd person peaking? There was no one in that building I could see the hallway before I rag dolled into it after being killed. And that building had no line of sight on y'all so how were shots coming from there? I was never told to halt or drop my weapon just shot in the back. @Scar

• Sapphire
1 minute ago, William Freeman said:

So I turned around and ran in the opposite direction towards a building and didn't even make it into the door before being shot in the back. So how was I in the building in 3rd person peaking?

You were 3rd person peaking the building because I saw you looking towards the man with his hands up from in the hallway, still while carrying your gun. 

4 minutes ago, William Freeman said:

There was no one in that building I could see the hallway before I rag dolled into it after being killed. And that building had no line of sight on y'all so how were shots coming from there?

Alright well maybe you don't understand but that building has multiple floors and at the very top floor there was a balcony and that's how he got a LOS

Would you like to keep making false statements to try and get us banned or are you done lying? From now on don't run towards a barrage of gunfire with your gun out. 

I'm not lying but it does seem you are or just confused on who you initiated on and I was not one of them. I don't care that I died and lost my stuff. I'm not trying to get anyone banned either. What I'm trying to get you to see is that you can't just kill everyone in a situation like this because I wasn't even involved yet. I wasn't even in a building! I walked down from the graveyard of the church and never entered a building during this situation until I was shot and my limp body fell into it. Yes that building has multiple floors but it only has windows on the west and east not to the north which y'all were in reference to the building. I was running away from the barrage of bullets when I noticed it wasn't zombies being killed. Guess I'll just have to record from now on to fix scenarios like this.  @Scar

• Sapphire
1 minute ago, William Freeman said:

I'm not lying but it does seem you are or just confused on who you initiated on and I was not one of them. I don't care that I died and lost my stuff. I'm not trying to get anyone banned either. What I'm trying to get you to see is that you can't just kill everyone in a situation like this because I wasn't even involved yet. I wasn't even in a building! I walked down from the graveyard of the church and never entered a building during this situation until I was shot and my limp body fell into it. Yes that building has multiple floors but it only has windows on the west and east not to the north which y'all were in reference to the building. I was running away from the barrage of bullets when I noticed it wasn't zombies being killed. Guess I'll just have to record from now on to fix scenarios like this.  @Scar

Yup go ahead and record and yes I fully understand that I cannot just shoot random people as that would be KOS but when we are in a gunfight and a person is 3rd person inside a hallway with a gun in his hand to me he isn't some "random" person, he is someone that is trying to kill me. I'm trying to get you to understand that you need to value your characters life and not run into gunfights. It is actually super simple, if you don't want to be shot, just simply don't run towards gunshots. I've been shot before for running towards gunfire and when I die I realize that I deserved to die and it's my fault. 

• Sapphire

@William Freeman Someone was in that building we later killed him after you died, he was upstairs and came down once we started moving the hostage. You were also in the hallway 3rd personing. 

Will not post anymore unless called in by staff. 

• MVP
8 hours ago, William Freeman said:

I was told by the guy with his hands up "that they're shooting people"

This me.

My POV will be quite short as I was only a hostage. We get initiated on by Brandon and someone else, I comply and then the firefight starts happening around me. As I sit there with my hands up, I see the OP running as he is getting shot and I then tell him what is quoted above. He ran towards a building and got shot by Scar as soon as he reached the hallway. To be fair, what you should have done is put your weapon on your back and put your hand up and walk away. You were running right in the middle of the fight with a gun out.

I doubt it would help much but enjoy:

• Sapphire

@AndreyQ Thank you for this, hopefully this can clear a lot of the false accusations up. 

So @William Freeman after watching this video do you still think you deserved to live during this gunfight? 

Edited by Scar
  • Sapphire

Would like to stress that the OP had no value for his life by running into this active gunfight with his gun in his hands, and continued to have it in his hands after he knew there was a hostage and a gunfight going on.

• Legend

Verdict 

Scar | Invalid Kill | Guilty
William Freeman | No Value For Life | Guilty

Explanation  

A team of staff have reviewed this report and have come to a conclusion. 

To start off with, Scar and his allies initiate on Cerna Liska in Novya Petrovka and one guy does not comply. Soon after, they take shots so they get into cover. Minutes pass and then William Freeman runs into the firefight and is shot. 

First off, we'd like to address the kill on William Freeman. As the firefight took place in the city of Novya, William ran into the town with his gun out, running around. As he turned a corner to go inside a building, he is spotted by Scar and killed. William, you ran directly into a firefight and were heading into buildings. Did you really expect to survive? With the wonderful video provided we can see you clearly ran in there with your gun out suggesting you were involved in the firefight. Due to this, your kill may have been invalid but we will only be issuing Scar with a verbal warning. We would like to mention to Scar though that in a firefight you must ID all your targets before taking the shot as some people may not be involved. In the future, we suggest that you don't run into an active firefight at all as you will most likely be killed like in this situation. 

Moving on to the fact that William Freeman ran into the fight. As the firefight started, William heard the shots and decided to check them out. William, you ran directly into an active firefight with your gun out. You did not value your characters life at all by running into the fight. As stated by the rules; 

3.2 Your character must behave realistically and appropriately to the different situations you participate in, keeping the current world situation and context of post-apocalyptic world in mind. Do not act in a way that indicates no value for your characters life and survival. For example, attempting to kill people when heavily outnumbered, excessively talking back or insulting someone when taken hostage, or knowingly running into an area of active hostile engagement when not involved in the fight.

This is something you did not consider when running in. Due to this, you will be punished with not valuing your characters life. In the future, we suggest that you value your characters life at all time to avoid being punished for not valuing it. 

Outcome

Scar | Invalid Kill | Guilty [Caution Issued]
William Freeman | No Value For Life | Guilty [3 Day Ban & 10 Warning Points]

Signed by @DrMax & @Jamie

• DrMax locked this topic