Server time (UTC): 2021-09-16 21:59

Base-Building

• Sapphire

Hopefully 

• Sapphire

Possibly, but you need a functioning car to really get into things

• Diamond

Sure.. When it works.

It sucks. placing down 2 tents and 3 walls shouldn't make me drop 90% of my FPS. we need prefab bases like orgins, or far more variety in options.

Edited by Leon_Idas
  • Diamond
14 minutes ago, Leon_Idas said:

It sucks. placing down 2 tents and 3 walls shouldn't make me drop 90% of my FPS. we need prefab bases like orgins, or far more variety in options.

I'm not too sure what was causing the FPS issues in a certain place tonight, but from what I could tell it seemed to be linked to the amount of players in the vicinity. 

39 minutes ago, Zero said:

I'm not too sure what was causing the FPS issues in a certain place tonight, but from what I could tell it seemed to be linked to the amount of players in the vicinity. 

Honestly the problem seems to be with noviya itself not the stuff.

1 hour ago, Leon_Idas said:

Yeah I don't really understand why it does (mainly cause im not a game dev) but large concentrations of players, base stuff, and large towns of AI (zombies wolves etc), as well as gun fights because of the smoke, all cause stuttering and FPS issues. Kinda pisses me off sometimes but idk if theres much that can be done on our side.

• Sapphire

The problem with Novaya can't be the amount of players in the town because Grishino had the same amount of people and the FPS wasn't that bad. It has to be how big the town is combined with the base building or it could just be base building itself.

• Emerald

Just had around 20+ modules wiped after restart. The dayz devs don't know the cause of the random wipes, because they're not server wide. Might hold off rebuilding (a good 15 hours work) until they're more reliable- despite my love for base building.

• Emerald

Its kinda weird how the base building works, it seems if you have to built it close to restart, they seem to have a higher chance of dissappearing. We have 10ish walls in our base, and they have been persistent for a good bit now. So thats my theory.

4 minutes ago, Bruhstice said:

Its kinda weird how the base building works, it seems if you have to built it close to restart, they seem to have a higher chance of dissappearing. We have 10ish walls in our base, and they have been persistent for a good bit now. So thats my theory.

Nah, my theory is some group is going round dismantling everyone's things to make people think there is a persistence bug just to fuck with people / banter , and a video taking the piss out of em all and showing every dismantle they performed will come out in a few weeks time ❤️ 

How's the editing going btw? ?? 

• Emerald
58 minutes ago, The Traveler said:

Nah, my theory is some group is going round dismantling everyone's things to make people think there is a persistence bug just to fuck with people / banter , and a video taking the piss out of em all and showing every dismantle they performed will come out in a few weeks time ❤️ 

How's the editing going btw? ?? 

Wouldn't be smart now that there are logs on it. And what editing do you mean?

• Emerald

We had everything deleted yesterday. 

The game is broken as fuck, persistence doesn't really exist... Everything you build or store has a random chance to stay overnight, or get wiped completely.
This needs to be fixed otherwise people are going to stop giving a damn about it.

Same with cars really. Cars just magically disappear for no reason. 

• Diamond
21 minutes ago, Osaka said:

We had everything deleted yesterday. 

Just out of curiosity how long did that take?

• Emerald
Just now, Eagle said:

Just out of curiosity how long did that take?

The building itself took 5 or 6 people to fix a car, get supplies and tools to build an entire fence and gate took us all evening from 20:00 to 01:30.
Then I went to bed and got up at 09:30 to get in game and find out everything was gone. including barrels, car, builds, everything.

So..let's say 8 hours give or take.

• Diamond
8 minutes ago, Osaka said:

The building itself took 5 or 6 people to fix a car, get supplies and tools to build an entire fence and gate took us all evening from 20:00 to 01:30.
Then I went to bed and got up at 09:30 to get in game and find out everything was gone. including barrels, car, builds, everything.

So..let's say 8 hours give or take.

Strange I've had a base with two walls and 4 barrels for 4 days now.

Edited by Eagle
  • Emerald
23 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Strange I've had a base with two walls and 4 barrels for 4 days now.

Yeah, it seems to be completely random.. Some objects stand for days, some disappear for no reason after a few hours.