Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 01:27

BreadERP KOS 7 days.

BreadE

• Sapphire

Link to the source of punishment (report/post): 

Why the verdict is not fair: The 'Shoot first ask questions later' statement is unfair.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:  The 'Shoot first ask questions later' bit was taken out of context; before I said that, one of my guys asked about a Free Medic that we spotted in camp. Me, being the jokester that I am, decided to imitate someone a bit. The entire statements intended effect was to;

1. Lighten the mood a bit

2. Refocus everyone on the current task

The presence of the Free Medics member was irrelevant. I didn't mean what I said literally; we did put a decent amount of thought into this before engaging. However, we got unlucky, and we paid the price for it. I'm not arguing that point. (See 1:16 in my video)

Also, a bit of clarity about the unarmed person I killed.

It's not a good excuse, but my adrenaline was flowing, and I was trying NOT to shoot them, as you can see with my wavy aim in the video, but my adrenaline took over and shot him. I realized my mistake instantly and even apologized to Kenneth over TeamSpeak. Sometimes, when in the heat of an engagement, you lose track of yourself.

And for that, I'm sorry.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal: Reduce my ban (?) and clear my name.

What could you have done better?:  I could have identified my targets prior to engaging.

• Legend

Hello @BreadERP,

A separate team has looked over your Appeal and come to the following conclusion regarding it.

In the Verdict you were hit for Invalid Kill on Sight x2. Meaning you killed two players without rights or a initiation. The fact that you mentioned "shoot first, ask questions later" as a joke does not make that clear to us or others not in your communications. We have no way of knowing what is or is not a joke when it comes to rule breaks and it's best to refrain from such activities when engaging in hostilities. Save the banter for when you're not engaged in Roleplay/Hostilities. 

The main issue you face is the fact you did not ID your targets correctly. One Invalid Kill On Sight is worth a 7 Day Ban and 10-15 Warning Points, and you managed to get two. Since we don't stack punishments but instead aggravate you were given the full allocated 15 Points and 7 Day Ban. 

Feel free to look over the Standard Punishment Guide we have here; 

You, yourself even mention what you could of done better and that was to ID your Targets before engaging in a fight fight. 

/Appeal Denied, Points and Ban Remain.

Signed by myself with notes