Server time: 2017-08-22, 03:45

Sign in to follow this  
Frayzies

Player Base Engagements

Frayzies    6

I'm really happy to be seeing something like these player bases being added to the game, but I'm curious as to how exactly this is all going to be handled as far as engagements go. There's a pretty clear set of rules when it comes to killing one another and I'm beginning to wonder if a new set of problems, stuff new to what has been seen and not been seen, might arise.

For example, lets say a clan finds, takes control, and begins defending the territory around a particular player base. They have established they they have made a claim to that territory/structure/area/whatever you'd like to call it, and for whatever reason decide to have strict guide-lines on who is allowed in and who isn't.

(I'm not a clan member of any sort, merely curious.)

Would a clan have a right to fire upon anyone who gets too close, and not be targeted for KoS rule-breakage, if it is a well established and known thing that they "own" that base? (Or more importantly, do they have the right to initiate hostile intent by declaring, if need be, vocally "I will shoot you if you come any closer to the walls"?) I'm not trying to find a way to legitimize KOS of course, just thinking ahead. :P

If a member or even multiple members of said clan log off while in their base and return the next day to find it under control of another group, how exactly is the situation of them just popping up in town going to be handled? Do they have the OOC right to just get the hell out of dodge? Are they captured, despite it merely being the fact that they logged off in that location, that has it happen?

These are all merely hypotheticals, obviously, but it almost seems like there might become a new "kind" of issue(s) popping up with these player-bases.

I do readily support them! I think they're a very interesting and RP-evocative idea! I just hope they don't end up causing the same kind of grief the trading post did, just in different ways.

Thoughts?

:Edited for clarification.

G Love11    0

I would imagine the identify rule still applies, or say you have to provide a warning before firing.

Players can't make their own rules. You can't shoot someone for getting too close. Also how are people meant to try and take it over if anyone who gets too close just gets shot? They need an initiator.

Common sense would dictate that you shouldn't log off inside one and whatever happens when you log back in is your fault.

Bill    0

I believe its been said none of the old TP rules would apply to these playerbases.

The standard open world rules DO apply to the playerbases.

As I understand it currently.

Frayzies    6

Players can't make their own rules. You can't shoot someone for getting too close. Also how are people meant to try and take it over if anyone who gets too close just gets shot? They need an initiator.

Common sense would dictate that you shouldn't log off inside one and whatever happens when you log back in is your fault.

Oh no, by no means did I mean to say that someone would be making up their own rules, I mean to say that with these new bases there might be quite a few people mucking up interpretations of the rules, IE, someone stating that they are hostile and will initiate an engagement if they come any closer than they are: this is a vocal warning that gives someone a choice to either leave or go. Is this legit? It seems shady to me, but at the same time only half-questionable.

Please don't take the situations and ideas here as if they are something that I want to/hope to/will be trying to do. I don't/won't be PvPing. I've got almost a "Free Medic" mentality you might say, lol.

Oh no, by no means did I mean to say that someone would be making up their own rules, I mean to say that with these new bases there might be quite a few people mucking up interpretations of the rules, IE, someone stating that they are hostile and will initiate an engagement if they come any closer than they are: this is a vocal warning that gives someone a choice to either leave or go. Is this legit? It seems shady to me, but at the same time only half-questionable.

Please don't take the situations and ideas here as if they are something that I want to/hope to/will be trying to do. I don't/won't be PvPing. I've got almost a "Free Medic" mentality you might say, lol.

Yeah that example is legit. That's a hostile action I think.

This is what I was referring too about making up their own rules :P

Would a clan have a right to fire upon anyone who gets too close, and not be targeted for KoS rule-breakage, if it is a well established and known thing that they "own" that base?