Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 01:02

Are base buildings permanent?

Uncle

I have seen a lot of buildings around the map disappear the next time i visit...

So do those buildings get wiped after server restarts, and i would like to have an reliable info.

I also think about tents, fences and towers when i say base building...

Thanks

P.S. i know they can be destroyed by other players.

Edited by Uncle
  • MVP

Building have persistance and stay after restarts, they're easy to break down though by other players.

• Diamond

Well, sometimes when the server restarts some things do disappear noticed it myself 

• MVP

Let me rephrase my answer;

Buildings SHOULD have persistance and stay after restarts, but this is DayZ so you can never be to sure.

Edited by Banshee
14 minutes ago, Uncle said:

I have seen a lot of buildings around the map disappear the next time i visit...

So do those buildings get wiped after server restarts, and i would like to have an reliable info.

I also think about tents, fences and towers when i say base building...

Thanks

P.S. i know they can be destroyed by other players.

There is agroup that has been going around destructing things because? Eh I dunno... they are scum, we gotta deal with it ? 

1 minute ago, The Traveler said:

There is agroup that has been going around destructing things because? Eh I dunno... they are scum, we gotta deal with it ? 

Everybody does what makes his bell ring, but what upsets me is the fact that i still don't know are base buildings permanent....

Just now, Uncle said:

Everybody does what makes his bell ring, but what upsets me is the fact that i still don't know are base buildings permanent....

They are...

And no they do not make what their bell ring... it is against griefing rules and not ok haha 

Just now, Uncle said:

So are they getting banned?

No way to prove it, we don't even know who it is but rumours are it's the same group ? 

2 minutes ago, The Traveler said:

No way to prove it, we don't even know who it is but rumours are it's the same group ? 

Well, since i plan on playing solo that actually suits me, i will build a small base far from anything so i think with a bit of luck i should be safe.

Also, to the guys that think that nobody else uses the mountain paths except them, well, you are not the only one... *wink* *wink*

So do we have scheduled server wipes for bases , stashes etc...  ?  as I am Solo and it will take a long time to build a base so would like to know if it is worth the effort only to find out there is a monthly wipe

28 minutes ago, godfather said:

So do we have scheduled server wipes for bases , stashes etc...  ?  as I am Solo and it will take a long time to build a base so would like to know if it is worth the effort only to find out there is a monthly wipe

Yeah there’s a monthly wipe I believe, either that or it’s every other month. It only wipes persistence tho.

Edited by N-ToxRP
1 minute ago, N-ToxRP said:

Yeah there’s a monthly wipe I believe, either that or it’s every other month. It only wipes persistence tho.

seriously, how can it "wipe persistence" lol

1 minute ago, Uncle said:

seriously, how can it "wipe persistence" lol

All tents, bases and such. Stuff like that gets wiped. But not your inventory or anything.

Just now, Uncle said:

OK, can bases be made to stay persistent?

Probably. I tried to push for removing the wipes or extending them a while ago but to no avail. The game is also a bit iffy rn about persistence.

1 minute ago, N-ToxRP said:

Probably. I tried to push for removing the wipes or extending them a while ago but to no avail. The game is also a bit iffy rn about persistence.

Dont like that i must say, the feature that we all waited for so long is is useless, i just dont know whose fault is that, server or BI...

Just now, Uncle said:

Dont like that i must say, the feature that we all waited for so long is is useless, i just dont know whose fault is that, server or BI...

Well the wipes are server sided, but it helps with loot economy. The buggy persistence is BI’s project to fix.

• 3 weeks later...
  • MVP
18 minutes ago, Uncle said:

What some of you guys think, is this going to be solved by the end of the year?

Lol these are the dayz devs we are talking about, it took them nearly a year and a half to get an update out lol

• MVP

Something to remember:

If you put barrels and tents in the immediate area of a base it is likely in the event of a crash to delete both. Something having to do with how they interact.