Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 11:43

Building limitations

neom

• Diamond

Are you allowed to build anywhere ? Or are you planning on putting in limitations ? As I stumbled across someone trying to build (the foundations) at green mountain.

I myself am not overly fussed by this, kinda think it’s a good idea but I can see why people would get annoyed. It is blocking military loot spawns among other things. 

Just wanted to get some ideas 

thanks 

• Sapphire

I'd assume that if you build in a military compound to occupy/create an RP hub, there should be no issue. But if you block off/build a base in a military loot zone just for the sake of it I doubt that'd go well.

I'm not too sure if there are any static rules regarding bases atm, but I think the best thing we can do is be courteous of other players.

• Emerald

I'd expect some rules around this to pop up at one point about base building. Surely after we've seen issues arise.

An essential one in my mind is not blocking off areas / buildings with loot entirely. I don't mind people claiming a small area for themselves, but blocking off all access to loot spawns should be a no no.

• Diamond

Build where ever you want atm nothing restricts you from doing it anywhere on the map.

Edited by Eagle
  • Diamond
5 minutes ago, Eagle said:

Build where ever you want atm nothing restricts you from doing it anywhere on the map.

While this is technically true by sheer fact that there are no distinct rules for it on DayZRP,  its probably in poor taste to attempt to block off high loot area's like barracks at NWAF. Realistically if you have the group numbers to do it and hold it, it would prove no problem, but this is a video game and those who try to wall off high populated area's will probably end up having their stuff torn down.

But yeah, no rules so build wherever.

20 minutes ago, uSx said:

I'd expect some rules around this to pop up at one point about base building. Surely after we've seen issues arise.

An essential one in my mind is not blocking off areas / buildings with loot entirely. I don't mind people claiming a small area for themselves, but blocking off all access to loot spawns should be a no no.

Agreed, also blocking off a base entirely in general: 

What I mean is I saw a guy make a base with nothing but walls, basically boarding himself in with walls, and in turn logging off. So noone could get in, but he could easily get back online the next day and break down the wall OR use S2 to get outside the base and then go back to S1. 

A base should

A: Not block loot
B: Must at least be accessible without the use of OOC means (such as server hopping) 

Also another obvious rule: No ripping bases apart for no RP reason. 

I believe the devs have said they are looking in to making base building logs, to determine if someone takes apart someone else's base ?

Edited by The Traveler
  • Emerald

Here seems to be a good example.

First of all: I am not trying to flame or target anyone. This is simply the first report around bases that I've seen.

So a couple of issues here imo:

1 - the base blocks off access to GM. This includes the multiple military spawns there.

2 - It was clear that the people who built it had the intention to cut it off entirely (ICly this makes sense, not denying that). This includes, apparently, placing walls in a way that they cannot be destroyed from the outside.

Clearly there is an issue here. If this base was built in a field, maybe around a single house, I wouldn't have minded as much. The fact that it's cutting off multiple gear spawn points, and is placed in a way that it can't be destroyed, is an issue.

It would be nice to have some staff input on the whole subject of base building.

• Diamond
22 hours ago, Eagle said:

So by this logic I can build around a barracks at north west and claim it as mine 

• Diamond
8 hours ago, neom said:

So by this logic I can build around a barracks at north west and claim it as mine 

Sure hf.