Server time (UTC): 2021-09-25 04:28

US server?

So we have 2 servers now, But both of them are Eu bases. I think that many of the Americans that play on the server would love to play on a server that with a better ping. What are the chances of getting an US based server?

• Emerald

Pretty sure its in the works

i havnt seen much downside to the ping. i pvp just fine

• Sapphire

I gotta agree with N-Tox up there. I play from the Eastern USA and I dont have any issues dealing with zombies, interacting with stuff, or moving around  besides the normal desync and such. 

The ping isnt a big deal in my opinion, and I play using a tethered connection from my phone. 

1 hour ago, N-ToxRP said:

i havnt seen much downside to the ping. i pvp just fine

Yeah ya don't see it yourself but you must be the guy my bullets are going through hehe (or anyone else american), it gives you an advantage netcode wise, same in every other game. I'd never play with over 100 ping or even close to.

Edited by Jerry
  • Sapphire

I vote for USA server

• Sapphire

A west coast US server would be super handy for US/Oceanic players ?

• Sapphire
24 minutes ago, Stannis said:

A west coast US server would be super handy for US/Oceanic players ?

+1 I get 130 ping for the server in Washington state

Edited by Chief
  • Emerald

Australian's get 350-400 ping on the EU servers. We need NA servers too. 150 ping is doable.  

• Sapphire

Ping doesn't do too much to gameplay but I see where you are coming from. 

Not a priority. 

• Developer

I am not certain anymore about the current infrastructure. But considering we now have access to server files, we are probably hosting the European server from a room somewhere in Rolle's house just like the old days in the mod.

This cuts a lot of costs except that hosting servers is expensive for the electricity bill.

Hosting a US server will reintroduce an extra cost and I am assuming (its an assumption don't forget) that if he wants to hook up the hives he will have to get a fully dedicated server box rented somewhere in the US, so that he can connect them. Otherwise, he'll be restricted to the cloud-hosted hives of the server provider. These are a considerable amount more expensive especially if they need to be strong enough to run a dayz server.

I understand the need for a USA server, but I believe this time it isn't as simple as flicking on a switch with a bit of money deposited.